HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Your Postnuke Character Backstory

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RedCloud

PostSubject: Re: Your Postnuke Character Backstory   Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:43 pm

my story is gonna be a slavic filled thrillride of postcommunist proportions, right when i get to writing it.

Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Your Postnuke Character Backstory   Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:51 am

I used to be a princess but then i said: FUCK IT! I'M AN OWL!
Then i became an owl and flew away and watched the rednecks as they partied
and drank beer and i came in someone's trailer and he raped me
After that i had children. I named my baby Nutella
But I had to take care of it otherwise hitler would take it, just like voldemort used my shampoo
Then i accidentally built a shelf and putted the baby up there. I said: FUCK IT! I'M A REDNECK NOW!
And then I became a waitress in a restaurant and still saw all the owls as they played
Then i said: FUCK IT! I'M AN OWL AGAIN!
Then a nuclear war came up and i had to go back to a princess and play with my toys in the vault.
I met a man there, he was still a sperm though. I talked to him, then accidentally drank him in my tea. Then i said: FUCK IT! I'M BECOMING A HUMAN THAT IS IN A VAULT!
Then i came out and here i am
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedCloud

PostSubject: Re: Your Postnuke Character Backstory   Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:15 am

^ almost as good as halflife: fulllife consequences

CaptnSmurf

PostSubject: Re: Your Postnuke Character Backstory   Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:07 pm

10/10 "Better love story than Twilight" -IGN

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Your Postnuke Character Backstory   Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:24 am

Jeff Belinger wrote:

Story

You know, due to the upcoming update allowing you to become a ghoul, maybe you should consider it and add possible ghoulification to your backstory? Would also make sense as to why you'd wear a mask sense you'd be covering a ruined face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/ Online
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Your Postnuke Character Backstory   Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:34 pm

not a ruined face, as a matter of fact, i have no disfiguration, its my DNA that got a slight mutation to it that makes my eyes light sensitive. the mask is a piece of science and engineering, not just aesthetic. the mask serves to give me normal vision as well as NVGs, binocular (suit zoom ftw) and a re-breather for underwater adventures as well as a gas mask. my character's attire is lead-lined, hence why he doesn't get rads and also why his clothings are incredibly heavy, that and they were made impermeable, waterproof because rain sucks for everyone.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toxic Impulse
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: Your Postnuke Character Backstory   Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:56 pm

Well fuck it here I go,
Richard Teller (AKA "Toxic") Was born in a fallout shelter, not one of the fancy multimillion bunkers you hear of. Howard Teller and Caroline Teller found an abandoned fallout shelter together. Within after some time they had a child, Richard, this child had come with a tragedy. During childbirth Richard's mother, Caroline, had died due to the lack of medical equipment within the fallout shelter . Howard Teller wracked with depression and guilt only had one priority in his life, a son. Over the next seventeen years Howard taught his son, Richard, how to scavenge and make a living in the wasteland. Due to the lack of available clothing in the wasteland since clothing either had to be tailored or found,  Howard wasn't very skilled with a thread and needle, so Richard had to wear a Hazmat suit they found within the shelter. Whenever the father and son would come across other non-hostile humans they would use aliases as a precautionary measure, the name Toxic came from the "Toxic" warning patches on the suit. When Richard was roughly nineteen tragedy had struck again. While the father and son were out trading with a usual merchant band they associated with a group of raiders had sacked the merchant band; During the crossfire Howard was fatally wounded. Richard had survived the encounter by being half crushed, and half hidden, underneath one of the merchants pack mules. In the years since Howard's death Richard has joined many mercenary groups in the hopes to get revenge for his fathers death by coming across the raiding band again, the only identification the raiders had on them were golden crosses strung around their necks. Richard has joined many militaristic groups and they include Duty, and the Private Military Company. Richard, Under the alias of Toxic, Joined Duty and went along with Duty until "Toxic" and a few other members from Duty decided to branch off and form the Private Military Company. Now Richard Teller lives out his days providing the means to off the local raiders and bandits to the public.

TLDR, Parents are dead (Not Batman) joined merc groups and is now making guns.

DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Your Postnuke Character Backstory   Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:33 pm

Just out of curiosity, is the golden cross killing your character's father based on an in-game event, or just backstory?

Toxic Impulse
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: Your Postnuke Character Backstory   Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:40 pm

Backstory, wanted to include other factions that would make sense.

StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Your Postnuke Character Backstory   Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:43 pm

Wasnt there another forum post just like this a while ago?

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bestegold K Redgold

PostSubject: Re: Your Postnuke Character Backstory   Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:58 pm

The real story of Bestegold....

Where does Bestegold come from? Well that's a tale worth telling! See out east they have this place called "The ocean" its this large body of water which is larger then any other body of water! Well Bestegold was born in a village not to far from there, in a village almost untouched by the grate war.
When Bestegold was born his mother died giving birth to him so he never knew him mom beyond old photos.

Bestegold was a odd boy, playing old games no one plays anymore and always reading the old world books. The other kids and his father started to alienate him but Bestegold didn't mind much as he spent most of his time alone in his room.

When Bestegold was 9 he started schooling! In his town schools were still running. He learned about robots,Cars,everything the old world could offer him and he loved it all.

When Bestegold was 14 he started to see things and hear things that weren't real, he became paranoid as the visions were of his death by others. The local doctor said he was mad and his father locked him away!

5 years in this place of foam he stayed. He no longer cried, he no longer cared. the only thing keeping him alive was his anger. How could he be so odd for seeing things? he did nothing wrong! why is he here?! soon this turned from unguided anger to pure hate for his father, Soon from that he started to hate himself for such feelings as they are not like him at all. Something torn in him, a understanding of some kind you may say. He no longer hated just his father but everyone. All humans. For the images turned into him reality and he started to feel pain in every new slide which he visioned. He was reborn in his foam room, a mad man at heart, masked by a great will to hide it from view.

2 years after this event (which took about 3 weeks of nothing but thought) he was released as "stable".

When he got home he hugged his father with a knife you may say and hid the body under the basement floor along with his hopes of a normal life but even with this his feelings could not be helped. It wasn't enough...they all had to pay.

3 years after his fathers death, there was a raid on his town, most of the people were ether killed or enslaved, Bestegold was killed or so they think for as you can tell he lived...no one knows how but since that day he has not aged, and when he dies some how he just comes back as he was before his death.

Bestegold since meeting what he calls "the others" has changed his name to remain "new" Skulls,Redgold,Chaos all part of Bestegold in a new light.
A murder:Redgold
A unknowable creature:Chaos
A old world fan:Skulls

Today Bestegold is mostly referred to as Chaos, and spends his time in a unknown land between this world and the next forever asleep.

So ends the story of Bestegold.
beannacht
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Your Postnuke Character Backstory   Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:49 pm

I've noticed that dead parents are a disturbingly common theme in peoples' backstories.

Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Your Postnuke Character Backstory   Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:00 pm

Too common.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel Reid
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Your Postnuke Character Backstory   Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:35 pm

We're all batman.

PostSubject: Re: Your Postnuke Character Backstory   Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:33 am

I was wondering if I post a part 2 for Jaramiah, because his dad's not actually dead, he's just up in them Rocky mountains.
But you guys have to remember, with a crisis so massive, people's families are bound to die, usually saving the people that end up in these stories.

Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: Your Postnuke Character Backstory   Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:08 pm

New Backstory still a draft so ignore the grammar and punctuation Razz) and sorry for some parts of the story that are loose and end fast I kinda lost ideas lol
Early Life
Mike was born a few years after his parents moved into a vault and lived there until the age of 11. Mike lived a hard life with a lot of young kids his age, which always bullied him and stole his money. On Mikes 10th birthday he grew a evil side of him which he had called "Raven". Mike grew up with Raven and couldn't help himself around a girl which he liked greatly a girl named Emily, Emily had a brother named Mark whom Mike hated. Emily was the daughter of the new overseer which Mikes father Robert thought he was a corrupt man and knew what was to come in the near future. Mike had heard stories over the years that a pre apocalyptic man that was forced to leave or enter cryogenic stasis because he had actually gutted a kid with a kitchen knife due to post dramatic stress syndrome, some people say hes a old man in a cryogenic stasis in "Sector B" of the med bay which only the top examiner is allowed entry some say his pod is heavily guarded throughout the day and most of the night, but that didn't stop raven from making Mike take a quick peek. When Mike entered the examiners room he cautiously grabbed the key card and ran out into Sector B and was startled and astonished because the rumors were true, a man that people talk about commonly is actually true. Mike read the label on the side of the pod which said " Generic 0 ". Mike ran in terror when he heard noise from the guards coming back from their lunch break and stormed out of the room with a mind full of things that will haunt him and eat him away from telling people but mike always never told. A year later when threats came in from a base filled with conglomerate soldiers to surrender the vault over or they will attack and force it from us. The overseer took it as a war request and quickly put the vault in lock down. It was sad times, The overseer beat many people in public just to get his sick point through the lifeless vault dwellers thick heads. Mikes father was the only one who was always calm and quick to act on these kind of things which later got him killed on Mikes 11th birthday. His father was entering the room smuggling his birthday cake in from the kitchen while mike was asleep. A guard caught him and shot him on sight leaving my cake completely destroyed on the floor and a half destroyed holo tape that mikes dad made wishing mike a happy birthday. The guard and mike made eye contact for a few seconds before mike began to cry and scream because of his father. Mike heard a rumbling after hours of sitting with his fathers body he quickly packs his belongings before the conglomerate hit the vault. Mike ran out his quarters looking at a conglo soldier shoot a kid in the face. Mike ran past the med bay looking over and thinks about the old man in the pad and uses the examiners key card to unlock the pod which frees the man. This man was a true killer, He had killed multiple conglomerate with his own hands he even took out a conglomerate vanguard while mike watched this man go on with his episode then eventually we escape the vault entering the wastelands bright gleaming light. The wastelands sun was beating down this old man to the point where he collapsed. Raven told Mike to leave him, He was dead and if you help you will die to, Mike listened as usual and walked away from the old man carrying a conglomerate machine gun (CMG) and just walked away. Night 1: Mike was starving and only had a full clip for his CMG and didn't know how to use it but eventually taught himself. He heard 5 gun shots and heard dogs barking and dying. He ran off into the wasteland nervous and scared. Day 2: Mike soon developed a case of "Wasteland sickness" (When you start seeing shit and vision triples and eventually pass out) Mike soon saw a group of men and then passed out due to dehydration. Day 3: Mike wakes up in a weird home that he had never seen before and gets up in panic while a doctor by the name of James walks in and tells Mike to simmer down its OK. Mike then calms down and talks to James about what happened James tells him about what happened in the wasteland and then falls asleep once again.
The age of 16
Mike became 16 and was known as the local mercenary he was paid to guard peoples homes and ranches for a few caps with his Gold plated Winchester which he had found 6 feet below the the old abandon shack just outside the town while digging for pre war artifacts. Mike always guarded the old farmer named Billy but Raven used to convince him to take from the crops and blame it on the wasteland. James gave mike his bible and told him he was allowed to leave the town which Mike never wanted to but James figured he was old enough to wander the wastes. Mike stood for a 1 more day until a local caravan came and wanted to recruit volunteers to guard. Mike was the first but the only one to volunteer. The man and Mike traveled for days and nights until they were 3 kilometers away from a town then mikes evil side "Raven" stepped in and brutally murdered the man and took his belongings and walked off into town and sold his items... Mike snapped back into his self and walked out and began to stare upon the dead mans body and felt full guilt and buried him and cursed raven to hell.
The Age of 20
Mike joined a faction called the “Wasteland Insurgents” at the age of 20 and met a man named Kasinki whom leads the Wasteland Insurgents. Kasinki promoted Mike to the co leader of Wasteland Insurgents.
Mike travelled across the wasteland with Kasinki and then eventually neared a small town in a desert and Mike seen a man and approached him, Mikes eyes widened in shock realizing it was the old man he had saved from the vault. Mike ran up and gazed at the man and asked his name out of curiosity and the old man replies in a tiresome voice and says “Mr.Chacon” . Mike walks off and begins to think.
A few days later Mike wandered the desert until he came across these bandits, Spike the bandit leader approached mike and took his Winchester and stripped him of his weapons and belongings and tells mike that he needs to get intel and money for them…
The age of 23
Mike finally came across Chacon scavenging and they went to a cemetery and mike finally told him about the truth of the boy who helped him out of the vault Chacon was surprised then decided to walk off, he said “ I need some time”.
A week later Mike came across the bandits and gave them what they needed… They drove off with the intel…. Raven awoke in Mike shortly after and begins trying to corrupt his soul.

TO BE CONTINUED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
should be good lol didnt puut 100% effort but ehhhhhhhh should be good but cant you wait for next episode!!!???
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Your Postnuke Character Backstory   Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:12 pm

Holy necro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Your Postnuke Character Backstory   Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:21 pm

heh, this is an ok thread to necro since its the background/character development story thread. it is however, a huge fucking wall of text

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Your Postnuke Character Backstory   Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:39 pm

So basically, Mikey has multiple personality disorder, and he's going to be doing lots of bad things...

Techlord9

PostSubject: Re: Your Postnuke Character Backstory   Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:44 pm

Eugh.. Golden weapons and a dark side..

Johann Liebert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedCloud

PostSubject: Re: Your Postnuke Character Backstory   Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:27 pm

yea mike, that story was pretty shit.
Techlord9 wrote:
Eugh.. Golden weapons and a dark side..
this one on the other hand is probably the best story posted in this thread yet.

Your Postnuke Character Backstory
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2