Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming update changes   Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:55 am

Quote :
So we'll have 3 types of weaponry

Kinetic: using kinetic force to damage targets using small projectiles at very high velocity. Large weapon base and varied weapon base, common ammo.

Pulse: somewhat odd mix of energy and kinetic forces. Weapons use smal, caseless projectile charged with a form of electric energy that causes damage superior to what the projectile would do without the pulse charge.

Energy: a beam of very dense photons of light or directed electricity projected in a straight line, conveying its energy to the target, singing them and causing burns and even shocks.

This is what I'm interpreting, correct me if I'm wrong

Yes, this is what the situation is going to be more or less.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming update changes   Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:57 pm

awesome. I will definitely be interested in picking up some laser rifle/sniper of some kind.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming update changes   Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:55 pm

I always thought pulse guns were just plasma guns. Didn't realize that they were supposed to actually fire some kind of bullet. The more you know...

Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming update changes   Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:36 am

I was considering making pulse weapons shock based weapons and have them be more effective against robots, but behave a bit more like the fallout pulse weapons. I probably won't get around to this though.
I wish I had more free time.

Oh and no worries, I still have the Skyrim stuff. This is why I unpack all of my addons from workshop files, unsubscribe them on the workshop and delete their GMA. Man, now I really want to rant about how crappy the workshop is for removing the skyrim NPCs without specifying a reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming update changes   Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:22 pm

A reason to get my shit in order and move on back to Postnuke area of the wasteland

(also glad to see that our suggestions were taken Smile)

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming update changes   Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:22 am

So will the people who already made a character be able to edit their character?
or do you have to make a new one?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming update changes   Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:02 pm

I think Bizz posted in another topic that we'd be able to edit our existing character. Don't quote me on that though.

Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming update changes   Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:58 pm

Once the update is released, you will be able to edit the characters they have already created. But once that character has been "Created", I don't believe you can edit them afterwards. You will be able to make new ones though.

Also, I got to help test with the energy weapons, they are really cool. I'm sure all you guys are going to love them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming update changes   Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:02 pm

That might actually be a useful feature though, the ability to change your character's outfits (and possibly hairstyle) after creating them, just for RP reasons.

Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming update changes   Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:48 am

The character data table is stored on the server and one of the variables saved with your character is the character's "version". Whenever there is an update to the character system and the version is higher than your character's version, or you have no character data, you will be able to edit your character. This means that you'll be able to edit your current characters, and also make use of any changes that will be made in the future such as the implementation of female genders, more races, hair styles and beards once they're added. I hope to also someday in the future get character face morphing working, but this will not be easy in the slightest.

I've managed to sucessfully port a rigged female model with animations from fallout 3 when I was bored, however I was having issues with the textures. I'm getting their with female models, but like I've stated before they won't be available at the start of this update and if you really want to be a girl, you can switch back with PAC. I wish I could get females in sooner, but I'm only one developer and a coder at that, not a model porter despite my progress.

Anyways, melee weapon base is done. All I need to do now is get the current weapons on the new base. The weapons have fully functional power attacking and dynamic systems attached to all of them. It's hard to explain in detail, but lets just say that melee combat is a lot more dynamic. Also, stamina's formula has been completely reworked as I've increased stamina's base recovery value greatly, however there are now a lot more factors that play into stamina recovery such as movement and whether or not your character is blocking. You will also no longer be able to sprint backwards, left, or right and backward and strafing speed is slightly forward then your forward speed. There is also a fairly long stamina regeneration delay on a lot of actions.

I've also completely finished character creation, loading and deletion, so that's a plus. Also, the ghoul race is fully functioning. Ghouls have at 0 radiation 20% less resistance to all damages, however. this resistance value scales with your radiation level and at 1000 rads you'll end up with only 5% less resistance. Be wary however, since taking damage as a ghoul will drain your rads. Rads also heal ghouls and feral ghouls are somewhat less hostile to ghoul players. (they have a very long backoff/warn time)

I'm pretty much done with the armor overhaul and helmet implementation aswell. all I need to do now is get PAC squared away as to not completely kill my animation system and then that's pretty much it. I've changed the radiation storm breath system a bit though; instead of getting infinite breath when in rad storms, every armor/helmet combo has different times that they can last in a rad storm. Some helmets will only do this if you have their corresponding armor equipped, ie T45D helmet with T45D armor. The radsuit still has the longest time on it, but it should add some pretty nice variety to the system.

I'm probably going to be hosting a PostnukeRP testing server with this new update and I'm going to need some testers for when everything is ready to go because I've redone a lot of systems both with my custom code and postnukeRP's base code, so some stuff might be broken. I don't have an exact date yet, but I hope I can see some of you guys there.
Back to top Go down
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming update changes   Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Bizzclaw Said:

Hey, I may sound like a brown noser here but I appreciate the progress report dude, I may be the dullest tool in the shed but hey, its cool to see that shits gettin done ( by one - 2 people no less!Ive seen certain things not even put out dev logs for periods of time, Ahem Dayz at certain times.)

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpRaY_N_PrAy

PostSubject: Sorry   Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:30 am

*Annoying flood of questions incoming*
So what will be the routine after this update?
What will cultivators do to get grubs, get some mound eggs and crafting them is the standard, but could you purchase a scientist's old ones?
How much will Brahmin cost? Does the animal husbandry skill affect the rate of milk production?
Anyone feel free to answer me these: How do you use grub food to "multiply" grubs?
Does animal husbandry increase JUST this affect?

DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming update changes   Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:27 pm

One suggestion:

Make it EXTREMELY hard to delete characters, for safety's sake. I almost accidentally deleted my character once. Make the delete button off in the corner and give it at least 3 "Yes, I want to delete this" popup boxes.

Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming update changes   Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:31 pm

Make it like Borderlands: TPS when you choose Fr4g_TP, the million bozes asking "Are you sure?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James King

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming update changes   Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:26 pm

OR can you make it so you cant just salvage something with one click? one time i salvaged my grubs twice in a row instead of putting 2 down.... yeah i know it was dumb but it was a misclick

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Frost

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming update changes   Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:07 pm

DCWasteland3r wrote:
One suggestion:

Make it EXTREMELY hard to delete characters, for safety's sake. I almost accidentally deleted my character once. Make the delete button off in the corner and give it at least 3 "Yes, I want to delete this" popup boxes.

I like this idea.

EX-Staff Member, I was demoted because I choose over anime and reading light novels than to play Fallout Decay for a long time, in other words, being inactive for all eternity that's the reason, folks!
See how many anime I finish!
See how many Light Novel I finish!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming update changes   Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:29 pm

James King wrote:
OR can you make it so you cant just salvage something with one click? one time i salvaged my grubs twice in a row instead of putting 2 down.... yeah i know it was dumb but it was a misclick

That too. I've also lost stuff to this. Imagine accidentally salvaging your only car...

Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming update changes   Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:16 am

I'll add some sort of confirmation obviously, also because I'm waiting for Aesop to get the test server set up I added a /sit command.

And no, it's not like this I promise

I've restricted your movements to just your head when sitting, so no stupid body spazzing. I've done this for the idle animations as well.

EDIT: Test server will be up on Friday around 4-5PM PST, it will be public so feel free to join and check everything out, It will be on a separate database from the current postnuke server. If me or another staff is on, OOC and server wide chat will be enabled, so feel free to ask for resources from a staff member. I want people to test everything as even systems that already work have been redone internally, so make a faction, promote members, mess with tools, fight eachother, try to bug out things, whatever. Post any lua errors or strange issues you get in this thread and I'll be able to fix them. Thanks.

Known Issues:

• Melee weapons have not yet been integrated into the item/crafting system.
  • Physgun does not color properly with a player's weapon color.
  • The arms don't look natural in the idle pose (bite me).
  • The feet don't have proper ik chains and slide around a teeny tiny bit with the idle animation (again, bit me).
  • A close button is still visible in the Character creation menu, if you close it just type pnrp_makechar in console.
  • There is currently no way to go from character Creation and back to character selection. The button will be added soon.
  • When a player dies, their corpse may spazz out a little and get bigger, it will also not have any hair.
  • When a player falls asleep, again, their corpse may spazz out and get bigger and not have any hair.
  • Sitting does not keep players from moving apparently. Okay.

EDIT: Server is up, IP: 74.201.57.204:27015

Last edited by Bizzclaw on Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:01 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
mathew95597

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming update changes   Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:55 am

Can't wait to try this, I might be on to play this later if GMOD doesn't go against me again.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming update changes   Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:40 am

Thanks to everyone who got on the testing server today. I was able to fix a lot of stuff thanks to helpful feedback and testing. I was able to fix some annoying issues, namely content wise, that could of caused issues of the server if they had continued to go unnoticed. I was also able to completely re structure the melee base and make it more responsive, reactive and fluid then it was this morning.

Back to top Go down
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming update changes   Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:41 am

one more thing. I couldnt see the plasma shots when fired. maybe missing content on my part.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming update changes   Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:42 pm

I'll look into it.
EDIT:
It's fixed.

Last edited by Bizzclaw on Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Malcom

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming update changes   Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:56 am

i see three problems
fisrt thing is what you may already know
cant use any melee weapon(item disappearing)

error when trading
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=380627092
i guess this is what should shown in my charactor menu and cant open it. cant see any hairs or helemts(even other player's)

stuck when antguard attacked player and cant escaped without dead

Sakuya dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Upcoming update changes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next