HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Accepted]grant scouton needs to get un banned

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
grant scouton

PostSubject: [Accepted]grant scouton needs to get un banned   Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:32 pm

hi my name is grant scouton and I was banned by the anti cheat system and there was 2 admins on and both said they did not ban me and I did nothing wrong and I would like to be un banned
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger
Donator

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]grant scouton needs to get un banned   Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:51 pm

use the format supplied on this page. read next time.
http://www.frostburnt.com/h8-ban-appeals

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: Price
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]grant scouton needs to get un banned   Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:59 pm

Well I suggest to fix this up to the standard appeal format so we can have more details on how/why/what/who banned you. On a side note I tried to contact a higher ranking administrator and havent heard anything back yet but from my understanding you were banned by accident/glitch with the anti cheat system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]grant scouton needs to get un banned   Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:02 pm

Anti cheat systems don't really mess up that often. If it's a VAC ban there's nothing you can do about it.

If it's a anti cheat system put up by Bizzclaw I guess he could void the ban.

But I wouldn't count on it.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]grant scouton needs to get un banned   Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:05 pm

This seems to be happening often lately. Don't listen to those guys up above, this isn't a standard ban. Getting Bizz or Ameno to look at this right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtikNinetails

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]grant scouton needs to get un banned   Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:10 am

Just so you know, CAKE has about a 99.999% accuracy when it comes to finding hackers. It's also pretty much impossible to work around because it checks the clients, itself before checking clients, while checking clients, and after checking clients so you really can't bypass it. If CAKR caught you and based you it was probably because you used an injector and lua files that edited your client settings such as cl_lua access.

Peace is for those who do not have the power to defeat their enemies.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]grant scouton needs to get un banned   Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:50 am

Artik he has no "criminal record" with the CAKE logs thats the first thing I checked. Im still unaware if there are any other automated systems in place if not he must have been banned accidentally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]grant scouton needs to get un banned   Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:06 pm

Also, to Artik. He was probably banned for using PAC. CAKE has a very bad habit of perma banning people for wearing their PACs. Actually, Ameno gets banned for it frequently. So no, I would say you are wrong about having "99.999%" accuracy for it's bans, yeah, it may have that much when it comes to actual hackers, but not when it comes to banning all players
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]grant scouton needs to get un banned   Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:16 pm

I actually got auto-kicked a while back. Possibly by the same system. My guess would be that the system is not reacting well to something that was recently added to the server, because I've never seen anything remotely similar happen until *very* recently.

ArtikNinetails

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]grant scouton needs to get un banned   Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:53 pm

I'll take a look to see if I can find anything that would trigger CAKE in PAC. I'll p let you guys know if I find anything.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]grant scouton needs to get un banned   Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:12 am

Ok grant, I found no evidence in the cake reports of you being banned. Does any other staff know who banned him? Can a CSC look into this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]grant scouton needs to get un banned   Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:14 pm

Regulars are punished all the time from CAKE for stupid reasons. Why, just the other day Riktov got banned when the server was lagging. It's not just players though, staff have also been banned from CAKE's false-positives. Ice Frost, for instance, has been kicked multiple times for "speed hack" when in actuality, it was just him lagging, in fact, the same lag that caused Riktov to crash. Owners as well. Bleck was BANNED from CAKE for using something in PAC. That little percentage Artik came up with is entirely fabricated.

Please, refrain from posting inaccurate statistics next time you contribute to something like a ban appeal.

On a side note, even though we probably know why you were banned Grant, we DO still need you to post in the correct format.

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtikNinetails

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]grant scouton needs to get un banned   Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:55 pm

Yeah tha number was just to say that it's REALLY good at finding hackers. False possitives maybe not so accurate.

Anyways, only thing that I could find or think of about CAKE triggering on PAC would be if the server or a client has a convar changed or something that doesn't match up to CAKE and then CAKE thinks that it's a hacked in setting. It's just speculation so I can't say for certain that that is the reason, just a possibility.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anchorman

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]grant scouton needs to get un banned   Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:17 pm

Hey artik did you make the server? Or did you put the anti cheat in? No, So thank you for your services as an admin that you never were please come back later. Also the anti cheat actually does mess up I've seen it ban Bleck and Bizzclaw before. Also, Brig already said you're getting unbanned. He didn't have enough energy to do it yesterday because he had just got home from work and I asked him to play CSGO. So I'm pretty sure you're getting unbanned unless you already are.

Chess
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]grant scouton needs to get un banned   Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:45 am

I'm unbanning you with the assumption it was pac that caused it.

[Accepted]grant scouton needs to get un banned
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1