HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Engineers don't have much variety anymore

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Engineers don't have much variety anymore   Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:55 am

So i recently became an engineer, crafted a weapons bench and all that stuff
But then i realized that no one buys guns or ammo anymore.
And the reason is that everyone already has loads of them.
So whoever is reading this, engineer isn't a good investment

So maybe there could be a new feature added to the server
That over time your weapons will break and you need to buy new ones
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Notorious B.R.L.
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Engineers don't have much variety anymore   Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:16 am

Whoa Whoa Whoa, ok.... there are still alot of people who buy lots of ammo people come to me all time to buy ammo and they will also buy weapons but not straight from you usually if you make the weapons and then sell it for a good price in a vendor then people will buy them

Biggie Smalls
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Engineers don't have much variety anymore   Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:21 am

No.
No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

In the time I spent playing as an engineer, I never had an issue finding buyers for guns, or ammo. Especially ammo. If you can't find any buyers, you're selling to the wrong people. There are several classes of people to sell to: New-Ish players have some resources and usually buy pistols and low-quality rifles, mid-level players usually buy rifles and shotguns, and high level players usually buy heavy weapons and ammo in bulk. Find people who fit these groups, and try to pitch specific goods to them. Also, set up a store in the center of a town and advertise. A bit of good advertising can go a long way.

But the feature you're asking for would annoying as hell, especially considering how rare resources (Mainly Chems) are, and would basically be an annoyance to everyone on the server, for the benefit of one class.

Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Engineers don't have much variety anymore   Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:07 pm

ok, i guess i was just a noob engineer XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Engineers don't have much variety anymore   Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:11 pm

>ok, i guess i was just a noob
FTFY

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Engineers don't have much variety anymore   Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:35 pm

Damn it Jeff, don't be a dick again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Engineers don't have much variety anymore   Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:40 pm

In order to have any sort of condition system, the item base and item system would need to be re made from scratch, which is honestly more work than I'm willing to do on this version of postnuke considering this will be implemented when I move everything to the new base that already supports item condition. It's actually one of the reasons I'm moving to a new base for postnuke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

Engineers don't have much variety anymore
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1