HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

suggestion: class based clothings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: suggestion: class based clothings   Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:58 pm

I saw on the server that Scientists had a suit allowing them to increase their healing skill by 1 rank while wearing the clothes, this gives scientists a bit of an advantage, again.

I believe it'd be very appropriate if there was a suit allowing a +1 to class skill of scavengers, engineers and cultivators. no need for wastelanders since all combat armors already do this to an extent, reducing melee damage.

this is a simple thing that would allow new players to have that little edge they need to start playing the class they want, also gives incentives to players to look the part of their class.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: suggestion: class based clothings   Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:43 pm

I already plan on making a suit that increases the engineer's engineering skill. AS far as increasing scavenging, I'm not sure what would do that, but I'd love to add something for every class. As for non class stats, I've already made power armor increase your strength in terms of melee weapon damage and I know I want to add cowboy hats that increase weapon handling, I just haven't gotten around to it yet as I'm trying to make a system that only hides part of he players hair when they equip a hat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: suggestion: class based clothings   Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:33 pm

Quote :
I want to add cowboy hats that increase weapon handling
speaking my lingo here bud.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comrade Yakov

PostSubject: Re: suggestion: class based clothings   Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:47 am

I think a cultivator should have one to increase animal husbandry JUST because they have 2 skills to upgrade now and it'd be quite the help. (AND it could be the brahmin-skin outfit, if you can't get the New Vegas overalls, or you could replace that fuckin sweater vest with these clothes either way)
Also, you already can look like your class with the char creation system, excluding the stupid casual-wear sweater vest.

Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: suggestion: class based clothings   Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:45 pm

Bizz plans on adding a clothing item for every class, and I hope he includes every class skill. For example, Brahmin Skin could be animal husbandry, and Overalls could be farming
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: suggestion: class based clothings   Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:13 pm

SpRaY_N_PrAy wrote:
I think a cultivator should have one to increase animal husbandry JUST because they have 2 skills to upgrade now and it'd be quite the help. (AND it could be the brahmin-skin outfit, if you can't get the New Vegas overalls, or you could replace that fuckin sweater vest with these clothes either way)
Also, you already can look like your class with the char creation system, excluding the stupid casual-wear sweater vest.

Quit complaining about the sweater vest. I wish I could use the sweater vest.

Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: suggestion: class based clothings   Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:18 pm

Also you could add a backpack that can be crafted and that it can increase your
weight by 50
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: suggestion: class based clothings   Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:41 pm

There aren't going to be 'classes' per say. But there will be performance enhancing clothing that will assist in choice professions or pursuits.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: suggestion: class based clothings   Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:34 pm

On a similar note, how about "Custom Default Outfits" for characters. As in at the start, you pick your character's base model out of all the non-armor outfits instead of just a jumpsuit. (So merc outifts, sweatervests, suits, ect. for RP reasons mainly.)

Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: suggestion: class based clothings   Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:21 pm

Quote :
On a similar note, how about "Custom Default Outfits" for characters. As in at the start, you pick your character's base model out of all the non-armor outfits instead of just a jumpsuit. (So merc outifts, sweatervests, suits, ect. for RP reasons mainly.)

This is definitely going to be a feature in Postnuke 2. We don't want a bunch of Vault Suits running around after all, that'd kill the atmosphere. Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: suggestion: class based clothings   Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:51 pm

Alright, good to hear.

suggestion: class based clothings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1