HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Problems with ghoul race

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
James King

PostSubject: Problems with ghoul race   Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:56 pm

I became a ghoul but then I realized it sucks. I have the resources to buy pure food and all that but i cant handle being "soft". Not to say ghouls are useless, if your new its probably the best option actually. Its just that I am stuck as a ghoul until they add female models, what im trying to say is it would be nice if there was a race change system like how you can change class but its 100% of your xp and resources or something like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Problems with ghoul race   Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:42 pm

What do you mean "stuck as a ghoul until they add female models" ?

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Problems with ghoul race   Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:56 pm

The post that mentioned the Ghoul race specifically stated that you wouldn't be able to change your appearance/model after choosing it initially, at least until female models come out. You should have played on a character you didn't care about to test out the ghoul, or you could have come on the test server to check it out.

Just wait for Females to come out. Considering Bizz's skills, it probably won't be any more than 2 months. But don't quote me on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Problems with ghoul race   Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:05 pm

I'm not sure if you realize this, but you can practically negates the damage debuff from 20% to 5% by being fully irradiated. However, this is always subject to change and the damage debuff can be lowered.

DmgMul is the number that the damage is multiplied by.
Code:

DmgMul = 1.2 - (rads * 0.00015) -- simplified without complicated looking clamp functions.
target:RemoveRads(damagetaken * math.random(2,3)) -- ghoul loses rads based on the damage they took multiplied by 2 or 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
James King

PostSubject: Re: Problems with ghoul race   Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:13 pm

I realize being fully irradiated will help, but you lose rads every time you get hit and you cant heal by sitting (alt+e). and standing in a lake for 200 seconds to go from 0 to 1000 is quite annoying because you will lose all those rads really fast.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Problems with ghoul race   Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:45 pm

There are certain areas in all of the maps we play on that are full of radiation other then water. gm_fork for instance has several areas that are heavily irradiated, such as the silo of the missile bunker and the end of the collapsed train tunnels. You shoudn't need to regain health by sitting as radiation heals you and these areas will skyrocket your radiation level granted you get as close as you can to the radiation source. Regardless, I'll lower the amount of rads you lose per hit to be the exact damage you took instead of multiplied by either 2 or 3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
James King

PostSubject: Re: Problems with ghoul race   Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:00 pm

Also, a new idea popped into my head. I used to play this game called Orcs vs. Knights ( a clash of clans rip off) And you either chose your race to be a Orc or a knight. If you chose orc at first but decided you liked knights better there was a special item that would change your race. I'm just putting the idea on the table because choosing a race is a new thing to postnuke and some players (like myself) will make a poor decision on their choice.

Picture of the item (its the 3rd item)

EDIT: I just got ran over and lost ALL my rads, i was at 1000 rads now I'm at 0...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Problems with ghoul race   Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:15 pm

At first glance, I thought that was Toon Town.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James King

PostSubject: Re: Problems with ghoul race   Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:45 pm

Coront wrote:
At first glance, I thought that was Toon Town.

Yeah it honestly wasn't that great of a game so i quit but i remember that item which linked to this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Problems with ghoul race
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1