AuthorMessage
StormySunrise

PostSubject: [Accepted] Moderator Application Stormy   Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:46 pm

In-game Name:Stormy

Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:39627650

Have you donated:No

Where are you from/time zone:East Coast, U.S, MI

How long have you played:853 Hours on Gmod

How did you hear about FF: Browsing the server list.

How old are you:14 Physically

Do you have a microphone:Yes

Do you know any of our admins: Char Co. Burns, Bizzclaw,Gnomp, Mushroom (recently), Nightmare(recently), R.P Murphy, Alaska, Silent Ghost, and Killermarine101

Have you played on any of our other servers?: F:F TTT, F:F Stranded, F:F Postnuke RP 2

Why you wish to be admin:I do not wish to be a admin, only a moderator because I understand that if I become a admin I would most likely take things too far when emotions run high.

What can you offer for us as an admin:I can offer frequent moderating on the server each day.

Anything else you want to add:I believe a good system of punishments should go as such, Offense 1: warning/kick, Offense 2:1 day ban/week-ban, Offense 3: Ban/Perma-ban.
Other than that I think I can mediate most situations and learn when and when not to intervene and when a situation is out of my hands.I have also been with the server for a long time,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gshep

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Moderator Application Stormy   Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:33 pm

14 "physically" c'mon, you're just 14. None of this "physically" bullcrap.

BTW, Hockey is the best sport ever, and if you don't like that, you can take it up with Owen Nolan.

Breaking Badpones:

Hockey:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: Arisen Demon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Moderator Application Stormy   Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:15 pm

He is very mature so I would say he could easily act like he is 18 or a little older. So yes he is 14 "physically" I don't think I've ever seen you even talk to Stormy.

View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Moderator Application Stormy   Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:14 pm

Yeah, Stormy is one of the most mature people I've seen on the server. He's more mature than most of the 16 and 17 year olds we have.

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Moderator Application Stormy   Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:07 pm

You kind of made me want to compile a list of top 10 most mature... I don't have enough good raport with any and everybody to make something like that accurately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Moderator Application Stormy   Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:36 pm

Even though he has an itchy trigger finger, Stormy isn't too bad of a person. I don't see him being a jagoff to anybody or punching people for no reason. The only bad thing I've seen about him is that he shoots anything that's even remotely near a KOS zone.
Back to top Go down
Gshep

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Moderator Application Stormy   Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:26 pm

I just hate when people pull that "physically" stuff. It's your age, I understand that it doesn't necessarily determine your maturity, but it's your age. It's a concrete number that changes after every trip you take around the sun. You shouldn't need to say "physically" to clarify.

BTW, Hockey is the best sport ever, and if you don't like that, you can take it up with Owen Nolan.

Breaking Badpones:

Hockey:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Moderator Application Stormy   Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:42 pm

Gshep wrote:
I just hate when people pull that "physically" stuff. It's your age, I understand that it doesn't necessarily determine your maturity, but it's your age. It's a concrete number that changes after every trip you take around the sun. You shouldn't need to say "physically" to clarify.
Well I love to clarify things because most experienced internet users usually think "Oh this person is young and they are on the internet and they don't know what they are doing" and I would love to make it clear that I am not a mingebag. All argument aside i respect your opinion on this matter and will take it into consideration.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Moderator Application Stormy   Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:07 pm

Oh god not the one day ban

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Moderator Application Stormy   Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:17 pm

ONE DAY BAN.

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Moderator Application Stormy   Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:14 am

About your scale of punishment, I don't think something could be done quite so simply because people break rules for a variety of reasons. There are the people that join the server with no real intentions to play, such as people that just go around Propkilling and spamming and i think that should speak for itself. they have no interest in the game other than causing anger and frustration in others.

There are also people who are just ignorant, lazy or stupid. In it's lighter forms people who don't know how to make a legal base, versus the people who intentionally do things like push their de-building lockers out in prop-surf territory where nobody can get them, or people that build an illegal base for 2 minutes hoping they won't get caught while they stash some things in their stockpile. Sometimes someone breaks a rule out of frustration like i've wanted to; while people stand next to what i'm trying to build, just -begging- to be sodomized with the prop i'm trying to arrange. People who revenge kill and people who so happen to do stuff like killing for a barret, or killing because they lost their barret.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Moderator Application Stormy   Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:23 am

Tanuki wrote:
About your scale of punishment, I don't think something could be done quite so simply because people break rules for a variety of reasons.   There are the people that join the server with no real intentions to play, such as people that just go around Propkilling and spamming and i think that should speak for itself. they have no interest in the game other than causing anger and frustration in others.

There are also people who are just ignorant, lazy or stupid. In it's lighter forms people who don't know how to make a legal base, versus the people who intentionally do things like push their de-building lockers out in prop-surf territory where nobody can get them, or people that build an illegal base for 2 minutes hoping they won't get caught  while they stash some things in their stockpile.   Sometimes someone breaks a rule out of frustration like i've wanted to; while people stand next to what i'm trying to build, just -begging- to be sodomized with the prop i'm trying to arrange.  People who revenge kill and people who so happen to do stuff like killing for a barret, or killing because they lost their barret.

Of course, I have read your concern and things should be tweaked so that certain rule break's get a certain punishment, im just putting down a template that I use when i see a base rule breaker "first time playing RDM" such as that. But i do agree wtih you that certain people who stupid things, do need to be jumped the gun upon and banned instead of kicked and warned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Moderator Application Stormy   Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:40 am

Tanuki, if it makes you feel better, sometimes when people are being idiots and are standing in the way of me building and aren't making any efforts to move when I give them a warning, I will intentionally unfreeze a prop or unweld something and watch it either crush them to death or throw them across the map.

It's their own fault for not listening to me.

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Moderator Application Stormy   Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:25 pm

Stormy, I like you, you seem to have a level head, it's just one of those things I get a little hot about.

Breaking Badpones:

Hockey:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Moderator Application Stormy   Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:13 pm

Talked it over with James and Nightmare. You have been on the server a long time and keep the rules. Congratulations!

[Accepted/Locked]

[Accepted] Moderator Application Stormy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1