Share | 

Teamspeak problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jeff Belinger
Donator

PostSubject: Teamspeak problems   Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:22 pm

its a fucking problem to me if i can get on TS and cant go on channel where my friends are because I dont have the right access channel power/key/passwords and whatever.

Freedom of access, to go where I want without having to rely on others to get me in channels is really important, and with access 3, i could go a few places, but now, im stranded and made isolated.

bottom line: not going on TS if i cant go where my friends are

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptnSmurf

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak problems   Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:47 pm

Can't you just ask for the channel key?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak problems   Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:09 pm

i dont get answered, so no

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
|Antony|

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak problems   Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:08 am

I don't understand why you are flipping out about this. Many people do not have the bypass password permission on the teamspeak and no one else wines.

Jeff Belinger
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak problems   Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:47 am

because others dont have a problem getting let in by others while I do. no one either wants to let me in or answer me.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak problems   Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:27 pm

Everyone should just use Skype instead. What's even the point of TeamSpeak when there are already so many other ways to communicate?

Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak problems   Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:52 pm

Team speak is easier to use, and far more organized. Plus, it's always up, so anyone can join at any time. And, you don't have to be in the same chat as everyone else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak problems   Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:49 pm

Nonsense. Just because TeamSpeak is always up doesn't mean people can actually join if they want, thanks to passwords. Organization is of almost no importance (This is a videogame, not the Army.), and it's possible for different Skype calls to be going on at once soo...

Ameno-Sagiri
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak problems   Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:39 pm

Nah, Skype doesn't work the quite the same as TeamSpeak.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak problems   Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:01 pm

Ameno-Sagiri wrote:
Nah, Skype doesn't work the quite the same as TeamSpeak.
That's what makes it better though.

Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak problems   Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:45 pm

"You just don't understand!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak problems   Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:49 pm

The access level system has been removed. Please refer to this thread:
http://www.frostburnt.com/t2017-new-teamspeak-access-system

And Jeff, If no one has given you access to their channel it means they either don't know of the new access system. Ask your friends for the key to their channel and you'll be able to join freely.

Also, Skype is fine for small groups of people, but when it comes to a Gaming Community with hundreds of users, something like Skype is impossible. With Skype, if you want a group chat you must always be present in it, meaning tat you'll get constant chat notifications. I know tons of people who try to do this on Skype, however they must set their status to "do not disturb" so they don't get constant chat notifications. Skype is also peer to peer based, meaning anything public like what we have with team speak is impossible. With a teamspeak server, you can have tons of rooms all with different settings where people can hang out. lastly, since Skype is peer-to-peer, it's quality is crap. This is amplified by it's lack of a voice activation detection system and push to talk capabilities (seriously?). Who in their right minds wants to sit in a chat room with everyone at once with a bunch of static pouring in from every mic? With teamspeak you can easily scroll through all of the rooms and see who is online. You can ask the owner of the room for the password if they're your friend, and then once you join the first time, you can be given the channel key and can join whenever you want. (If the channel is passworded, it will still give you a password box, but you can just leave it blank)

Bottom line - Teamspeak is better for more people. Skype is passable for only a few... Seriously good luck having 15 people in a Skype call.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Aesop
Server-Operator
Server-Operator

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak problems   Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:16 pm

DCWasteland3r wrote:
Nonsense. Just because TeamSpeak is always up doesn't mean people can actually join if they want, thanks to passwords. Organization is of almost no importance (This is a videogame, not the Army.), and it's possible for different Skype calls to be going on at once soo...

I usually don't call people retarded since my job is to remain neutral but are you fucking me?

"organization is of no importance, this is videogame, not army"

like what; I guess I can say the same about my room?
Alright though; let's see, what if I want to hang out with SPECIFIC friends, at CERTAIN TIMES. Oh? Make a new skype call? Sure, let's just pile up about 80 skype calls where we always have to change host WHENEVER the current host launches the game and internet slows by 50kb. :')

seriously as james said, 15 people on one call with one shitty host, or even one good host, starts to lag.
>>dedicated host
>>>host never has to be switched
>>>>can turn down specific people
>>>>>can raise certain peoples volume
>>>>>>no constant background noise
>>>>>>>instead of making a new skype call like you say can fucking just password or give key, ez'r than having a BILLION different Skype calls in my "recent" tab.
>>>>>>>>push2talk
>>>>>>>>>mute sound easier
>>>>>>>>>>can have music bots
>>>>>>>>>>>can kick people out of channel without having to kick them from skype call via waiting the host to do it
>>>>>>>>>>>>MFW ORGANIZATION IN ANYWHERE EXCEPT THE ARMY APPARENTLY = BAD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak problems   Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:47 pm

rekt

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak problems   Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:17 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
The access level system has been removed. Please refer to this thread:
http://www.frostburnt.com/t2017-new-teamspeak-access-system

And Jeff, If no one has given you access to their channel it means they either don't know of the new access system. Ask your friends for the key to their channel and you'll be able to join freely.

my ENTIRE point is that people dont RESPOND to my pokes and outright ignore me.
this is turning out exaclty like last year, on how i thought everyone was faking to be my friend. I said to many people i hate being alone in a channel on TS and people, when they migrate from channel to channel, dont pick me up because they ignore me.

this is the second time i got to explain my issue: people refusing to reply to me back.
i just want a fucking answer, yes or no and with a reason with the no so im not thinking they're keeping me apart from the rest of the folks.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak problems   Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:01 pm

I'm going to chill about this whole Teamspeak VS. Skype thing before Aesop IP Traces his way to my house and kills me.

Aesop
Server-Operator
Server-Operator

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak problems   Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:01 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak problems   Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:04 am

The scary part is, Aesop seems like the type of person who'd do that kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
|Antony|

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak problems   Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:55 pm

Quote :

my ENTIRE point is that people dont RESPOND to my pokes and outright ignore me.
this is turning out exaclty like last year, on how i thought everyone was faking to be my friend. I said to many people i hate being alone in a channel on TS and people, when they migrate from channel to channel, dont pick me up because they ignore me.

this is the second time i got to explain my issue: people refusing to reply to me back.
i just want a fucking answer, yes or no and with a reason with the no so im not thinking they're keeping me apart from the rest of the folks.
Did you ever think that the person who you are poking is busy? I often get poked when I'm busy and I do not respond for about 10-15 minutes.

CaptnSmurf

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak problems   Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:43 pm

I really don't think its a problem with the new access system

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Antwon Anvari

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak problems   Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:19 pm

I keep the lock on my Cell in case i want to be alone but people still have access to a member of staff in case they need something, It also says in the teamspeak rules that a staff member needs to be on ts  when they are on duty.

Jeff Belinger
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak problems   Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:51 am

well, this is still an issue and I have been proven that my anger from last year at thinking no one is my friend on this community has been completely justified

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whitewood

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak problems   Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:03 pm

What makes you so special and deserving to have complete access to the teamspeak?
Why do you feel the need to cry and bitch about apparently believing no one is your friend,
Toughen up and accept that this issue of yours is very stupid, get over it, move on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: Price
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak problems   Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:17 pm

Jeff sometimes people are just busy, Im an ADMIN and sometimes I can never get someones attention on teamspeak. I wouldnt go around saying we are "biased" to you. It happens to everyone just suck it up an find a way to grab there attention alternatively, steam, skype, by phone, etc etc sometimes peeps just wana be with certain peeps and that should be respected.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel Reid
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak problems   Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:22 pm

Maybe people don't want to talk to you, Jeff.

Teamspeak problems
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next