View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Brigadier General Bacon
Retiree

PostSubject: [Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig   Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:24 pm

Problems with post nuke

-[Confirmed]Being hit by a car makes you loose your rads. [fixed]
-[Confirmed]The community menu is shot. Promoting/demote, pending broken, canceling ally/war.
-[Confirmed]The csc rank is broken. Map decorator, edit communities, other problems that I forgot.
-[Confirmed]Antlion guard meat broken(since the server started). - Fixed
-[Confirmed]Ghouls drowned (halflife2 animation) when out of air in a rad storm.
-[Confirmed]Armor seems to be broken, the protection is wonky, and heads take no damage [Ballistic damage only broken?][fixed]
-[Confirmed]Wearing any armor pretty much fully blocks rads (breaks the ghoul system)
-[Confirmed]Some people cant see others' swimming animation.
-[Confirmed]The new conglo have guns missing texture. Barret, Pistol, Assault rifle, possibly others.
-[Confirmed]The conglo hunting mech looks purple in any light.
-[Confirmed]The plane spawns with its tires in the ground.[fixed]
-[Confirmed]The barretta tt has wonky hard to find seats
-[Confirmed]Ghouls will still sometimes walk against walls in groups, on some maps like Pripyat.
-[Confirmed]Painspike armor makes the players arm appear twisted and broken.
-[Confirmed]Items displayed, if bought without the proper funds, return to the vender, ruining displays.[fixed]
-[Confirmed]Sometimes when using defibs, the player won't spawn. This was a previously fixed problem.
-[Confirmed]Switching seats in a heli kills you, or nearly if wastelander.
-[Confirmed]Sitting when injured past the healing zone still allows you to heal.
-[Confirmed]The sako is no longer craftable.
-[Confirmed]The new ammo types cant be f2'd.
-[Unconfirmed]Were fairly sure the mining skill has been broken always.
-[Unconfirmed]Some melee swing too fast. Ancient blade swings 2 times a seconds or something like that.
-[Unconfirmed]Being disintegrated deletes a player case.
-[Unconfirmed]Car inventories seem to be appearing full when their really not.

Error messages found.

-Involved with community menu [http://puu.sh/g5uyu.txt]
-Unknown cause, given by Jeff. [http://puu.sh/g5vxO.txt] [http://puu.sh/g5vzc.txt] - Fixed
-Music system error, given by Coront. [http://puu.sh/g5vLz.txt] - Fixed

Suggestions

-Please dear god make being a ghoul less tragic, rads suck to get, maybe add a radiation pill, gives rads. Or an injection.
-Miners take days to get back what you spent. Increase production?
-Worms only produce 1 chem a minute for a worm that costs 250 100 350, and now have to be places with space. Meaning only a few can be used. Maybe make it 2 per minute.
-Now that many items are worth more that 1000 of each, maybe the vender can have the price range bumped up to like 50k of each.

Feel free to add other bugs you know, but don't put any random unrelated stuff or i might just delete it.

Last edited by Brigadier General Bacon on Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:40 pm; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James King

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig   Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:39 pm

I know for a fact getting run over by a car makes you lose rads as a GHOUL and only ghoul. Also the sako is invisible when you equip it. Some areas of water don't radiate you on certain maps making ghoul race even more frustrating.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedCloud

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig   Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:02 pm

about the community menu: 2nd rank has basically no powers at all, they need to get the power to invite a person to a faction, they used to have that power.

Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig   Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:44 pm

It isn't the game's fault that the plane spawns with its tires in the ground, it's yours. You aren't supposed to look at the ground when spawning the plane. Look up a little when doing it.

The part about switching seats in a heli has already been reported a million times, bizz is working on it.

Ghouls are supposed to be able to run out of breath in a rad storm.

Ant lion guard meat is supposed to be in-obtainable, at least to my knowledge.

Also, What is a combine hunting mech?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malcom

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig   Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:33 am

Coront wrote:
It isn't the game's fault that the plane spawns with its tires in the ground, it's yours. You aren't supposed to look at the ground when spawning the plane. Look up a little when doing it.

The part about switching seats in a heli has already been reported a million times, bizz is working on it.

Ghouls are supposed to be able to run out of breath in a rad storm.

Ant lion guard meat is supposed to be in-obtainable, at least to my knowledge.

Also, What is a combine hunting mech?

a cyborg

about the melee
i wroted melee weapons damages and there is no problem with attack speed but i think ancient is little weak
(this is when you have lvl 8 strength)
sledge-54
kebab-28
ancient-34
axe-44
pipe-33
machete-37
combat-26
bottle-24
sorry for the shovel and crowbar and rebar, i forgot those
as compare machete and ancient, anceint can attack one more time than machete with full stamina but it seems little worse in view of its rarity

Sakuya dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig   Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:07 pm

got you a little bit of troubleshooting for you folks

[ERROR] gamemodes/postnukerp/gamemode/derma/loadin.lua:109: attempt to call method 'Close' (a nil value)
 1. DoClick - gamemodes/postnukerp/gamemode/derma/loadin.lua:109
  2. unknown - lua/vgui/dlabel.lua:206

http://steamcommunity.com/id/JeffBelinger/screenshots/
the two most recent images are the images related

edit got more code for you

TEST [lua/vgui/deasybuttons.lua][lua/vgui/dlabel.lua]
TEST [lua/vgui/dnumslider_legacy.lua][lua/vgui/dlabel.lua]
TEST [lua/vgui/dprogressbutton.lua][lua/vgui/dlabel.lua]
TEST [lua/vgui/prop_enum.lua][lua/vgui/dlabel.lua]

[ERROR] gamemodes/postnukerp/gamemode/derma/loadin.lua:109: attempt to call method 'Close' (a nil value)
1. DoClick - gamemodes/postnukerp/gamemode/derma/loadin.lua:109
2. unknown - lua/vgui/dlabel.lua:206

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig   Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:27 pm

A nicely compiled list. By the way, the armor's BALLISTIC resistance is broken. The melee and everything else is dandy. It explains why you guys have been dying instantly in heavy armor from a sniper conglo. Like, it'd make sense if all of them were shooting at you at once with no armor, but Charles was wearing combat mark II, and he got rekt instantly.

Sniper: ~50
regular: 2x5 = 10
shotgun: ~10?

Even if they all shoot you at once, you wouldn't die instantly. These states are adjusted for Combat mark II armor. I'm not actually sure if these are the damages, but I'd reckon they're pretty close.
Now, another thing is these assholes have dead-on accuracy. Like, even if you're trying to dodge, they could still hit you in the head pretty quickly. It's kind of ridiculous. I don't mind the harder enemies, but when you make a counter-sniper, you also make a counter-assault. Just ends up fucking everyone else over too.

Nerf the snipers damage down to an SR-25's, so like 50 or something. That'd be good.

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig   Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:56 pm

I think they should be harder to defeat, they used to be way too easy. It's good that veteran players have difficulty killing them, otherwise it's just boring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigadier General Bacon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig   Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:18 pm

It also seems that car inventories are being reported as full when there not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malcom

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig   Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:39 pm

james said they shoot me at once so im getting high damage but i dont think so
i thought its just them ignore players armor but as the immortal's combat simulation they showed there is a bug when they get hit by lasers, its dmg is 37 but they get killed by just 4 shot whiled they are wastelander and wearing a power armor set. also when james spawned just one sniper i got 70 dmg from it

Sakuya dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig   Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:28 am

Now that I finished Final Fantasy XIII, I can get back to fixing these. Thanks for giving me a concise list of what needs fixing

Going to add my personal list of things I need to fix for reference. Also you can see what's getting fixed.

- Make sitting only work when your not moving, as to avoid annoyance when trying to open doors.[done]

- Fix missing textures on some of the conglomerate weapons.

- Add the weapons the conglomerates use to the gamemode for player use.

Last edited by Bizzclaw on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
RedCloud

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig   Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:37 pm

the community one is kinda big too, lvl 2's really need that invite players to factions power back....

Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig   Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:17 pm

Got another bug; Music system not working

Error in hook Think: gamemodes/postnukerp/gamemode/vgui/cl_music.lua:188: attempt to index field 'Music' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
gamemodes/postnukerp/gamemode/vgui/cl_music.lua:188: in function 'fn'
addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:183: in function
[C]: in function '‭‬‌‎'

[ERROR]
 1. unknown - [C]:-1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptnSmurf

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig   Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:08 pm

Found another one, can't disable armor drawing anymore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig   Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:10 am

So I spent a good deal of time tearing my hair out trying to figure out what was wrong with the armor system. Why hasn't it been working? Why does it work for some things but not others?

I finally figured it out though. Source has many different damage types, such as blast, radiation, bullet, slash, crush, ect. Basically, all of the armors have a table of damage types and how they defend against these types, however for some inexplicable reason, most weapons weren't doing the DMG_BULLET Damage type! They actually weren't even using a proper damage type! I don't know why or how, but it was happening. And another weird thing: Some weapons used different damage types then the others, for instance, the Conglomerate Sniper elites, where doing something called "8194" while other guns did "4098". Anyways, I cataloged all of these "weird" damage types and they are now converted into DMG_BULLET, so it should be fixed for good now. Sorry about the weird damage stuff guys. Let me know if there's any other weird things. I'm fixing more stuff now.
Back to top Go down
Malcom

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig   Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:26 am

curiosity about power attack efficiency

normal attack speed

speed of power attack > normal attack

speed of normal attack > power attack (had to power attack after attack motion aboved)

when i tried to normal attack > power attack faster

this makes power attack inefficient

Sakuya dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig   Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:04 am

can we sticky this thread on the suggestion/bug list so this thread doesnt die too soon?

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malcom

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig   Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:59 am

suggestion
additional melee damage if player attacked behind, if player was in the air

Sakuya dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig   Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:02 am

Power attack is still useful because it has a farther reach and it can do more damage at once. while the overall DPS is lower, it can still be useful in many situations, and can still be the difference between life or death when it comes to melee combat.

Last edited by Bizzclaw on Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Malcom

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig   Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:11 am

i meant there is a needless delay when im trying to normal attack>power attack

Sakuya dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptnSmurf

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig   Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:28 am

Malcom wrote:
suggestion
additional melee damage if player attacked behind

This would make stealth a much more effective option.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig   Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:13 pm

CaptnSmurf wrote:
Malcom wrote:
suggestion
additional melee damage if player attacked behind

This would make stealth a much more effective option.

You're forgetting about noobs with shanks that try backstabbing people over resource piles. If you added a backstab damage bonus, it could be an issue.

Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig   Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:17 pm

Well, if the kill was invalid, it wouldn't matter anyway.

The victim would be reimbursed, and the rule breaker would be punished.

Last edited by Coront on Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spellingwawd)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig   Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:19 pm

Technically it wouldn't, but it's just an unnecessary inconvenience to have to call an admin over something that could have been avoided by not doing something else. Attacking someone from behind already gives you an advantage. Especially if you're using an automatic weapon.

Malcom

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig   Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:25 pm

DCWasteland3r wrote:
Technically it wouldn't, but it's just an unnecessary inconvenience to have to call an admin over something that could have been avoided by not doing something else. Attacking someone from behind already gives you an advantage. Especially if you're using an automatic weapon.

automatic melee weapon?

Sakuya dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Bug] A list of current bugs. By Brig
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next