Share | 

Weapons opinion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sif Green
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Weapons opinion   Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:11 pm

What would you suggest are the overall best weapons for PvE, as well as PvP? I haven't really been on the server long enough to know yet so I was wondering about other's opinions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Weapons opinion   Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:27 pm

my opinion: the FN G3A3 battle rifle. uses high caliber amunition, 7.62 x 51mm, has high stopping power, very tight spray, can be used as a marksman weapon from medium to long range and medium-short to short range is incredibly deadly.

its a weapon that has high recoil, but is very much worth it if you spent some levels in gun handling.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comrade Yakov

PostSubject: Re: Weapons opinion   Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:36 pm

I'd only use an MP5 if I want to (make it ridiculously tactical) use it for PVE.
The ammo is 9mm, and the DPS is nice. It's cheap and so is it's ammo.
Don't PvP with it.

Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Weapons opinion   Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Usually would use a Sako for general purpose PvP. Good fire rate and damage, it's my weapon of choice for most engagements, especially if it involves me sprinting around corners spraying into people's faces. That fire rate and damage is something I'll need for CQB engagements, but further out it kinda becomes useless.

I also like the Pulse AR for it's accuracy, damage, reload speed and light ammo. It's my backup weapon and I'll generally pick it up if we're fighting 50 meters and beyond.

Sako against hardsuit takes 14 shots or so to the body to kill him. Assuming he's wastelander. Arms and legs do half damage, head twice. Pulse AR take around 13 shots I'm pretty sure. Time to kill I'm not sure, but you should factor in fire rate as well. Pretty sure that if you were to spray into a guy wearing hardsuit it would take around 1.5 seconds to kill him with a Sako. Cut that in half if you hit him in the head.

I dunno about PvE, I rarely ever PvE but I think I'm good at PvP. Done a lot of research into it (such as how many shots it takes to kill a person wearing X, or the general accuracy at Y distance) and have fought a bunch. And I don't run around in a hardsuit and spam M60/Barrett and claim I'm a god at this game mode.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Weapons opinion   Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:13 pm

Jeff Belinger wrote:
my opinion: the FN G3A3 battle rifle. uses high caliber amunition, 7.62 x 51mm, has high stopping power, very tight spray, can be used as a marksman weapon from medium to long range and medium-short to short range is incredibly deadly.

its a weapon that has high recoil, but is very much worth it if you spent some levels in gun handling.

Just so you know, the G3A3 is actually made by H&K, not FN. FN made the FAL, among other things.
Expense aside though, the G3A3 is a very good weapon for both CQB and Long-Range combat, but I've personally taken a liking to the plasma pistol. Not necessarily the best weapon overall, but the best for my play style.

Comrade Yakov

PostSubject: Re: Weapons opinion   Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:14 pm

Tactical Bacon wrote:
And I don't run around in a hardsuit and spam M60/Barrett and claim I'm a god at this game mode.
Bacon tells us how it is. Skill does not weigh in materials. R'spect.

Fade Attano
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Weapons opinion   Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:03 am

Weapons to use against the classes

Wastelanders
---------------
Barrett
G3A1
Desert eagle
SKS
M14
Ak-47