Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: [Denied]Removal of ban (Jeff Belinger)   Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:05 pm

Server: PNRP

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:9204571

Your RP Name: Jeff Belinger

Date of incident: 20-02-2015

Time of incident (HH:MM 24hr): around 3 PM

Time Zone: EST

Please explain exactly what happened from start to finish: I was going around CSC desert and talking on TS with other people when 3 people started surrounding me and swinging their lead pipes, they were new players and new players dont read the rules. They were about to ask me to drop all my gear and weapons and stuff, they were swinging their lead pipes to intimidate me. I told them i wasnt going to have any of that shit and killed two of them. I say on TS that I killed some players because they were about to try to mug me and I shot them dead for it. Brig and some other folks tell me i shouldnt have done that and i get banned for a week.

So i was wrong in defending myself from new players trying to mug me? I dont think so. This ban in unjustified. I was in a situation where i couldnt lose time with warning them or else i woulda gotten beaten to all hell and lost all my gear and a bunch of resources to new players, which you DONT want them to have end game loot as soon as they start playing, right?

If you have any evidence to support this report, please give it here: Brig was in the guy who banned me, he was in the teamspeak. there was also stormy, Dan kalosh, and i think Ameno, not sure. there was a bunch of people on the channel.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James King

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban (Jeff Belinger)   Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:41 pm

Well. "They were about to ask me to drop all my gear and weapons and stuff, they were swinging their lead pipes to intimidate me." Suggests that they haven't asked you yet. But whatever. Maybe you should of asked them to leave first, its what I would of done.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban (Jeff Belinger)   Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:09 pm

Jeff, I was in the channel too, and you said the following: "Some guys surrounded me with lead pipes, so I killed them.", or atleast something along those lines. You never said they were swinging them, but still, the ban was justified. Just because a bunch of players walk up to you with their weapons out, not even hitting you, doesn't give you the right to kill them.

The physgun is considered a weapon too, and many players walk around and up to people with it equipped. What if we killed everyone that walked up to us with a physgun?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban (Jeff Belinger)   Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:22 pm

physgun isnt a weapon, its fukken tool.
and I did say they were swinging their pipes, you probably didnt hear it, that happens

Quote :
Maybe you should of asked them to leave first
and quoting here
Quote :
I was in a situation where i couldnt lose time with warning them or else i woulda gotten beaten to all hell and lost all my gear

Quote :
Well. "They were about to ask me to drop all my gear and weapons and stuff, they were swinging their lead pipes to intimidate me." Suggests that they haven't asked you yet. But whatever. Maybe you should of asked them to leave first, its what I would of done.
[Cherry picking intensifies]
they were asking me to drop something and i told them i knew where this was going and then i shot them. they were trying to mug me and i didnt want any of it because. I'm one of the only players that role play and when players point guns at me i tell them to holster it or put it on safety. I put my shit on safety when want them out but not pointed. where am I going with this? in a RP situation, which is by definition all the time aside from admin sits, I was in a situation of danger, i was being threatened by thugs surrounding me. what does an armed man being surrounded do to defend himself? he fires at the thugs.

also, the incredible bias the community has towards me makes it that only Bizzclaw or Ameno can make a decision that I would be in acceptance with, regardless of the outcome

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban (Jeff Belinger)   Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:27 pm

Since they didn't attack first and their is no way to actually verify that their intention was to mug you, so you basically killed a bunch of people for no reason. Honestly though, this entire thing would of never happened if you had just done one simple thing, given them a warning. If you had asked them to back away from you and they didn't, none of this would of never been a problem. I get you where afraid, but our rules on killing currently sort of work on a whitelisted basis.

As far as the rules are concerned you can't kill someone based on an assumption made by such little provocation. I mean, shooting at you is one thing, but standing around you with a melee weapon? Now I'm not going to sit here and pretend that they weren't actually going to try attacking you, they very well might of, but standing around you with weapons out isn't a big enough reason to justify killing under our current rules and if it was it would be heavily abused by people who love nothing more than to find loopholes in the rules that lets them play this game like DayZ.

Sorry, but the ban is justified. We do however generally shorten the bans of people who appeal and it still may be shortened depending on your response to this, so I'll keep this thread unlocked for now.

EDIT:
Jeff Belinger wrote:

they were asking me to drop something and i told them i knew where this was going and then i shot them.
Why wasn't this mentioned in the OP? This contradicts everything you've told us so far which was that they where "about" to ask you to drop something. Please don't change the story, that confused everyone and makes it seem a lot less believable.

Last edited by Bizzclaw on Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Ameno-Sagiri
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban (Jeff Belinger)   Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:29 pm

Should have waited until they said something. I would have shot all of them in the face and banned them permanently.

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban (Jeff Belinger)   Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:31 pm

You may only rob a base, not a player out in the wasteland. Approaching a player claiming you are there to rob them is not a valid reason to kill them.

Acceptable reasons to kill players with a text warning (Unless defending someone):
Someone is being a general nuisance, such as micspamming or following you.

i think it will be a problem

Sakuya dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban (Jeff Belinger)   Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:36 pm

thank you for having answered, and as i stated, i'll accept your answer no matter the outcome.
I find it a little cheap that i cant claim this as self defense, because it was. preemptive attack, yes it was, but I might just not have had the time to tell them to leave in chat because my tpying speed is slow and you can get killed in the middle of typing without being able to do a single thing and have your loot stolen before you finish the sentence. saying this out of having experienced it in various games.

I think out of this, I'll make a warning bind for people to fuck off/stow their guns and whatnot.
what's the console command?

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malcom

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban (Jeff Belinger)   Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:42 pm

its -say-

Sakuya dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigadier General Bacon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban (Jeff Belinger)   Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:46 pm

meh

Last edited by Brigadier General Bacon on Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban (Jeff Belinger)   Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:46 pm

Put quotations around what you want to bind, for instance:

bind j "say HUED BLACK DUEDS"

And I understand that Jeff, but if they had killed you, they would of been banned and you would of gotten it all back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban (Jeff Belinger)   Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:08 pm

alright, im good. we can wrap this up
Quote :
12:12 - :F|F: Bizzclaw: "alright, im good. we can wrap this up"
12:13 - :F|F: Bizzclaw: >not what I'm looking for
12:13 - Jeff Belinger: ok
12:13 - Jeff Belinger: just askign what's wrong with me being in agreement with you saying the way i handled things was wrong?
12:14 - Jeff Belinger: because i do agree that i should have issued a warning, even though i thought i didnt have the time
12:14 - Jeff Belinger: that was my wrong doing
12:15 - Jeff Belinger: by saying that we could wrap this up was that i didnt have anything to add
12:15 - :F|F: Bizzclaw: Then say that on the forums. All i was looking for was a "I messed up" and "sorry"
12:15 - Jeff Belinger: ooh, that's pretty much what i meant to convey
12:16 - Jeff Belinger: you know me james, when i do wrong, its not that i intentionally want to do so
12:16 - Jeff Belinger: but yea, i dun goofed, and im sorry for the fuck up
yea, i appologise, i fucked-up because of paranoia.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Denied]Removal of ban (Jeff Belinger)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1