HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

ranged weapons craftable by the scavenger

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: ranged weapons craftable by the scavenger    Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:03 pm

now that with the most recent update, some classes got crafts redistributed to them. awesome!

scavengers in particular got to now make melee weapons, fucking great in my idea, some might not care at all and nothing changed.
Now im going to bring up ideas that were brought up in the past that would be all kinds of awesome to have on the server since it'd make sense to have them.

short bow and long bow and crossbow
we said all the reasons why it'd be awesome to have them in past threads. now here's my mechanical idea for them.

Short Bow: has lowest of ranges amongst the three. they'd have a fast knocking and charging time for firing. the more charged, the more damage it does and the further it goes up to a limit.

Crossbow: has medium range, medium damage and medium load speed, but no charge time for the shots, making them overall good weapons for all purpose.

Longbow: has highest range of the three, has the highest damage potential, slow knocking speed and a slower charging rate than the shortbow.

charging would increase the arrow's damage, velocity and range before it comes down
shooting cant happen without charging and a minimal charge would make the arrow fall at the user's feet

javelins and throwing daggers and throwing axes
if James can retrieve the models for the tomahawks from Fallout New Vegas, that'd be awesome for the throwing axes
for the javelins, we got a harpoon model in HL2, so that's all good
now the throwing daggers, heck, we can pick up the old knife model from FAS2 and make it our throwing knife

this is my entire argument for these weapons, throwing knife being demonstrated. imagine this is Sparta beign demonstrated, and Bacon is the instructor

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malcom

PostSubject: Re: ranged weapons craftable by the scavenger    Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:06 pm

actually i suggested it before, crossbow and throwable knives
i really want the crossbow

Sakuya dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: ranged weapons craftable by the scavenger    Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:25 pm

just want this to pop back up on the main page, these things could really make the difference between low and mid tier players with ranged weapons

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: ranged weapons craftable by the scavenger    Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:54 pm

I like the idea of bows, but crossbows should probably be more powerful than longbows, mainly for better armor penetration characteristics.

Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: ranged weapons craftable by the scavenger    Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:55 am

I'm pretty sure a longbow of the same pressure as a crossbow, say both being 150 lbs, the long bow will have more power behind it by virtue of having more power from the user delivered in the shot than the crossbow, however, I would agree the crossbow will have more effectiveness at a shorter range

Also I'm pretty sure you're saying that because you have a boner for guns and crossbows were the rifles of the 15th century

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: ranged weapons craftable by the scavenger    Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:48 am

What can I say? I like guns. Now that I think about it though, it would really depend on the specific types of bows and crossbows used. A hand crossbow would obviously be weaker than a longbow, but an arbalest, on the other hand...

Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: ranged weapons craftable by the scavenger    Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:23 pm

im talking light crossbow here, arbalests are a whole other thing man

an arbalest is a light anti-infantry siege weapon.

this is a light crossbow, a light infantry weapon used primarily to defend from attackers siegeing your castle walls. where the bow isnt much help firing downwards, the crossbow is made to do just that.

this is a heavy crossbow, its a 2 man operated weapon and honestly, its not used for when you go attacking people, its made to defend the inner keep of your castle. 2 man team using two heavy crossbow. one is being reloaded by the man at the back, the other one is being fired, switched when the other is ready to be operated

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malcom

PostSubject: Re: ranged weapons craftable by the scavenger    Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:29 pm

i think we could make a unique crossbow like a barret
scavenger can make this crossbow but you have to get its parts from scavenging and conglos and rare parts can only found from conlgos

we are in the high-tech industry so reloading heavy crossbow is not a hard work

Sakuya dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: ranged weapons craftable by the scavenger    Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:23 pm

I would of wanted them kept low tech or looking really made from scrap and spare parts, make it look all kinds of savage and stuff

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: ranged weapons craftable by the scavenger    Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:24 pm

I think the main issue with implementing this would probably be actually finding working models, although I think there may be some longbow models of some sort on workshop.

Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: ranged weapons craftable by the scavenger    Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:57 pm

The models for the fallout throwing axes are already on workshop under a large fallout weapon model add-on.

PostSubject: Re: ranged weapons craftable by the scavenger    Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:18 am

I'm all for throwing weapons and sure, even x-bows.
I'm leaving Blackwood and I'm going to be starting my own community derived around the belief of Valhalla, humbleness in serenity, and glory on the battlefield.
...and my vikings need throwing axes.

Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: ranged weapons craftable by the scavenger    Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:58 pm

you would also need spears, round shields and broadswords

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comrade Yakov

PostSubject: Re: ranged weapons craftable by the scavenger    Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:31 pm

Bucklers, yes. And LOTS of dane axes.

ranged weapons craftable by the scavenger
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1