HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

The Barber Shop (Hair style)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
darknessfire582

PostSubject: The Barber Shop (Hair style)   Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:49 pm

The idea I thought up with the introduction of these new models and the way you can change your hair, I think it would be lovely if their was an NPC where you could go to and ask for a different hair style or beard. Another way of doing it is having a class be able to make a barber "kit" where you could do it yourself, but I don't know what class that would fit well with. Most likely scavenger cause they make the makeshift items and a barber "kit" would probably be just a pile of scavenged barber tools.

If this ever gets introduced people who are disappointed with their choice of hair can change it to make them look lovely. I was thinking you might pay a few old world dollars for a hair cut if it is a NPC, due to the fact it would make it more of an interesting way of pricing things. I hope all you working on this can maybe consider the idea.

If any of you want to modify this idea or think of other ways it could be implemented go ahead and comment
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James King

PostSubject: Re: The Barber Shop (Hair style)   Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:48 pm

Add little godfreys

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: The Barber Shop (Hair style)   Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:09 pm

We could use a hud similar to the fallout one.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The Barber Shop (Hair style)   Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:14 pm

darknessfire582 wrote:
I hope all you working on this can maybe consider the idea.
There's only one person working on the server, and there only has been for the last two years.

Anyways, I do plan on adding a way for people to change their hair style, I just haven't come up with a solid method of how. A barber kit doesn't sound like a bad idea though. Maybe it could just be a rare item that you can find through scavenging?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
darknessfire582

PostSubject: Re: The Barber Shop (Hair style)   Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:59 pm

like I said it could be a craftable item, but you'd need to make some parts to it or something. Having it as a rare find doesn't sound that bad, but if it was a 1 use like a medkit then most would give up on finding one. If you have to find it as a rare item, then you keep it forever i'd say. but if you have to craft it make it like a couple uses. Hell, if you want maybe if you can ever make a Mr. Handy he comes with a haircut feature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The Barber Shop (Hair style)   Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:51 pm

I don't see your reasoning behind me making them rare and 1 time use would result in lowering their value. It's not like you'll find them on purpose, you'll probably just happen to come across them while scavenging. Please explain your reasoning and do keep in mind that it's not as if you'll be changing your hair style every second.
Back to top Go down
darknessfire582

PostSubject: Re: The Barber Shop (Hair style)   Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:14 pm

You mentioned that it could maybe be just a rare item, which is why I brought that up. And I know your not going to be using it constantly. I just wanted to throw some ideas out their.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel Reid
Ban

PostSubject: Re: The Barber Shop (Hair style)   Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:46 pm

I like it being rare and 1 time use. Like maybe 20 x rarer than wheels. And you should make it so people have to use the kit on another person. I mean, how do you give a good haircut to yourself? Would encourage some barber shop kinda stuff

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The Barber Shop (Hair style)   Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:56 pm

Honestly I don't think I'd make it a one time use thing, but I'd probably make it pretty rare. It'd also probably require you to craft some sort of item like "hair gel" or something so that it costs a bit to get a haircut, that way barbers don't need to feel bad about charging people for services. making it something you could actually do.
Back to top Go down
Daniel Reid
Ban

PostSubject: Re: The Barber Shop (Hair style)   Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:09 pm

But it would be something to use on someone else I assume. Like a Swep that brings up a menu when you left or right click on a person.

PostSubject: Re: The Barber Shop (Hair style)   Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:13 pm

Well i'm glad your having a discussion about it because an idea is always better when shared and given changes by others. But yeah I wouldn't suggest making it a one time use unless its a really easy thing to craft like a medkit. Also like I said earlier if you ever decide to add more robots, i'm sure a Mr. Handy could definitely cut someones hair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The Barber Shop (Hair style)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1