My steam name is [FOG] [Festive]KorbinRock

Server: Postnuke RP

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:91218390

Your RP Name: Korbin McMuffin

Date of incident: 2/18/15

Time of incident 2:23 AM *Around that minute time.*

Time Zone: Eastern Time Zone

Please explain exactly what happened from start to finish:
So I was playing, I just got released from questioning for the Rad Rock incident as the main questioner hadn't come yet.. So the guy keeping me in a cell got tired and said he would find me tomorrow. Which is now today.... But before I left last night. I was randomly permanently  banned with the reason...  Net messages are fun, aren't they? Did that mean I couldn't steam chat? A friend told me I was telling the console to give me something, and I was either lying, being framed, or my Gmod was acting up... And if that really IS the case I don't even know how to do that. And I didn't know it was a thing. I was just about to leave, and banned.... I don't know who banned me, I was too surprised to check if I even could. Even if I cant get un-banned. Can I just have it explained WHY I was banned? Please...? Thank you, and have a nice day..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel Reid
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [Unbanned] Korbin McMuffins ban appeal   Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:16 pm

I think that message is an autoban thing to prevent duping or some other hack if I remember correctly..

PostSubject: Re: [Unbanned] Korbin McMuffins ban appeal   Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:20 pm

Oh. I don't even know what the heck that means. Did I somehow do it without even knowing? I have no idea how to hack or anything of that sort. So can you explain a little more into exactly what that is?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel Reid
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [Unbanned] Korbin McMuffins ban appeal   Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:28 pm

I'm sure Bizz or someone with more technical knowledge of that system will tell you, but that's basically all I know about it. Another player recently had that issue and got permabanned for the same reason, but it was a mistake and he's unbanned now. So don't worry if you don't think you did anything wrong

PostSubject: Re: [Unbanned] Korbin McMuffins ban appeal   Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:30 pm

Oh okay, thanks for lifting my hopes! I now have some hope I can go on playing! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Unbanned] Korbin McMuffins ban appeal   Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:30 pm

Were you doing anything in particular before you got banned? Like equipping a weapon or something?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KorbinRock

PostSubject: Re: [Unbanned] Korbin McMuffins ban appeal   Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:32 pm

Hm....... Yes! Because when I was in questioning I was told to take off my stuff and store it, I had just put it all back on including my Super Sledge, then I was about to leave and banned. I forgot about that....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Unbanned] Korbin McMuffins ban appeal   Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:51 pm

What happened the moment you got banned, like did you click store on a item, then get banned just afterward?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KorbinRock

PostSubject: Re: [Unbanned] Korbin McMuffins ban appeal   Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:58 pm

Hm... I don't remember storing an item... I kept trying to equip my hammer but it wouldn't work... Then I equipped it, was about to leave and yeah. I believe I was only equipping items
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Unbanned] Korbin McMuffins ban appeal   Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:03 am

I was giving an example. What happened the moment you got banned? Were you just walking around? Or did you click something?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KorbinRock

PostSubject: Re: [Unbanned] Korbin McMuffins ban appeal   Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:04 am

I was walking around. I jumped onto a small wall, and then I was banned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Unbanned] Korbin McMuffins ban appeal   Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:54 am

Trying to equip a hammer from your inventory, huh?
Strange, but I think I'll disable that autoban system, basically there used to be an exploit that allowed you to use items form your inventory without actually having them present (gg TBU). A lot of people where exploiting this, so i order to catch them I made it automatically ban you if you tried. I can turn that off now though since that was over 6 months ago and the exploit was fixed.

I'l lift your ban now because I can imagine you might have tried to do the exploit on accident.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
KorbinRock

PostSubject: Re: [Unbanned] Korbin McMuffins ban appeal   Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:36 pm

Oh okay, Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Unbanned] Korbin McMuffins ban appeal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1