Share | 

Conglomerates and stuff

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sif Green
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Conglomerates and stuff   Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:07 am

Ok before I start I just wouldn't like to hear anything like "git gud m8", or something along the lines of that. Anyway, a couple days ago I was just in my van as a scavenger actually warning people of the conglomerate drop ahead during/after a raid storm. All the sudden, i'm one-shot at full health by a conglomerate sniper i'm guessing. I didn't even know that you could be one-shot especially in a vehicle, along with me having some great armor on like the T4D5 power armor and an assault helmet on, and 4 weapons including a barret. As I then lay dying, it goes through my head that I just lost so many hours of scavenging and selling my cheap items at my shop all for nothing, throughout all those days. While this is going through my head, I expect the people next to me to just take my items as almost everyone else does,w which they did of course...

So basically my suggestion is MAYBE they could do % health damage instead of base damage where they can one-shot almost anyone that is not a wastelander in hard-suit armor. Besides my suggestion, i've basically lost my motivation to continue considering the times i've died and lost all progress, and from all the greedy people I have met along the way, though I wouldn't be missed haha. Maybe it just isn't the server for me either. Whatever the case is, i'm honestly expecting some pretty short/troll comments about me just being bad or something, but you know, I was just throwing it out there about all the hard work and progress that can be lost, while I have all that defense behind me.

Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Conglomerates and stuff   Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:02 am

The problem is you are a scavanger, not a wastelander. He other night when only one other person was on, I threw myself at a conglo squad and died 5 times wearing combat armor mk2, and every time I picked my ass up and walked back before I finally killed them all. I was rewarded with some ammo I don't use and an armor plate

Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Conglomerates and stuff   Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:30 am

My point was maybe they shouldn't be able to one shot considering the defence that was already there. You did just bring up another problem though. When I died I was unable to go back for a long time due to me being stuck inside another player at spawn, and an administrator said I couldn't get my stuff refunded because it would be NLR if I went back after dying by conglomerates...

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Conglomerates and stuff   Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:36 am

Are you saying armor does not work in cars? That would make sense since you're a scavenger and the damage that the conglo does is about 70, so I can see how that could kill you instantly. I'll test this next time I get the chance. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Also, I agree that it's bull to lose all of that stuff when you die like that and I've actually been brainstorming a possible "keep some items when you die" system, but the problem is that I'd need to find more reasons/systems to fear death for people. My possible ideas are your Max Health lowering, permanent injuries or long lasting death debuffs. I'm not sure exactly what I'll do, but I don't think this current system is working too well honestly. Not when it makes some people quit when they die, that's just not right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Ice Frost

PostSubject: Re: Conglomerates and stuff   Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:55 am

I usually wear Recon Armor with no helmet as scavenger and survived from the conglo with barret, first shot in the chest, my health was at 20-30. Remember guys conglomerates are so accurate sometimes, so take cover.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Conglomerates and stuff   Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:03 pm

If that's the case, then it is certainly possible armor doesn't work in cars. I'll get this fixed.
Back to top Go down
Sif Green
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Conglomerates and stuff   Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:06 pm

Thank you for that reply Bizzclaw, I do have a couple stuff to say still then. Does NLR still apply when I die by something like a conglomerate because exavolt said he went back like 4 times after dying but I wasn't allowed to. I was also stuck in spawn for a long time so I was unable to at all either way.

Another thing is I don't think I should die even as a scavenger at full health, when in a car and also with all that armor I had on. This is why I think it is unfair that I died, and being stuck in spawn

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Conglomerates and stuff   Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:57 pm

NLR does apply to NPCs and events actually. The idea is that you don'r remember how you died or even if you did, as if you your character has amnesia of the last bit of time, this is also why you lose XP on death. I've slayed many people in events for coming back.
Also you're right, you shouldn't of died, like I said armor doesn't work in cars so it wasn't protecting you, which is my fault and I'm sorry.

However, I cannot reimburse you as your items where picked up by other players, and to do so would technically dupe the items.
Back to top Go down
Sif Green
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Conglomerates and stuff   Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:12 pm

I actually don't know if my items were picked up I just figured they were because thats what usually happens honestly, there was a radstorm though so theres at least a chance they weren't, I would hope that I could be refunded but I mean I understand if I can't be still. Just not really in the mood to continue playing at the moment at least. And since you don't want the items duplicated, if they were picked up, could you refund me in resources instead so that way items would not be duplicated?

PostSubject: Re: Conglomerates and stuff   Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:11 pm

I tested it out and as of now armor works when you are in a car.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Conglomerates and stuff   Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:49 pm

The problem isn't losing stuff when you die. The problem is how long you have to grind to GET said stuff, only to die right after. The best solutions IMO would be: A: Craftable everything (even hard plates), and B: 2x Resource looting rate. I know that's probably a dumb sounding idea to you, but grinding isn't all that fun. (Also, when you die. You should drop all of the 10% of your resources you lose, not 5%. Stuff doesn't just magically vanish.)

janho5

PostSubject: Re: Conglomerates and stuff   Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:46 pm

Um, Sif Green, I'm just going to speak out and ask whats your in game name, because i think i saw your corpse near a orange car a few days ago, when my friend and I were firing at the conglomerates.

___________________________________________________________________________________
"L'Chaim!"
Yanklemyer Narosti

WHERE THE F**K ARE THE CHEMICALS?!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Conglomerates and stuff
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1