HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[UNBANNED - TREAD CAREFULLY] Carter Smith Unban Appeal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vac

PostSubject: [UNBANNED - TREAD CAREFULLY] Carter Smith Unban Appeal   Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:34 pm

Server: Post-Nuke RP

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:29538476

Your RP Name: Carter Smith

Length of ban: Permanent

Date of incident: 03/06/2015

Time of incident (HH:MM 24hr): 02:28

Time Zone: UTC - 5

Please explain exactly what happened from start to finish:I'd like to begin by saying I know what I did was shitty. I broke a few rules and acted like an asshole. I don't know why I did what I did, but looking back on these things, they were all poor decisions on my part. I know now that I shouldn't have run around with the radio playing songs like I did, I guess I just wasn't thinking. Nor should I have disrespected Daniel Reid the way that I did. It was something I did in the heat of the moment and was unacceptable. I understand that's not a proper excuse, but I'm hoping you understand that we all make mistakes. I also should have let Nightmare into my base when he asked to talk to Daniel Reid. I am deeply upset that my ban is permanent because this community is really cool and while I acted as I had, I really enjoy being part of it. Now that I know better, and if you give me a chance again, I'll make sure that this doesn't happen again.

Thanks.

If you have any evidence to support this report, please give it here: No.

Last edited by Vac on Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger
Donator

PostSubject: Re: [UNBANNED - TREAD CAREFULLY] Carter Smith Unban Appeal   Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:03 pm

i wish my ears hadnt been raped, but they cant be unraped.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sif Green
Donator

PostSubject: Re: [UNBANNED - TREAD CAREFULLY] Carter Smith Unban Appeal   Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:26 pm

I can't help but be suspicious of what your steam profile has.

PostSubject: Re: [UNBANNED - TREAD CAREFULLY] Carter Smith Unban Appeal   Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:35 pm

It has been two weeks since this appeal was posted. I have sent multiple private messages to staff regarding the status of this appeal, and requesting to discuss the severity of the ban, and there has not been a single reply. If someone could discuss this with me that would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James King

PostSubject: Re: [UNBANNED - TREAD CAREFULLY] Carter Smith Unban Appeal   Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:59 pm

Is this isiah or whoever the fuck?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [UNBANNED - TREAD CAREFULLY] Carter Smith Unban Appeal   Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:01 pm

Being one of the people to witness your childish and thoughtless tendencies, I frankly have to decline your appeal. Although, I will withhold from that staple if one of the other staff has anything to say about it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vac

PostSubject: Re: [UNBANNED - TREAD CAREFULLY] Carter Smith Unban Appeal   Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:05 pm

My point gnomp is that I understand I shouldn't have been acting that way on the server, however is what I did really deserving of a permanent ban? Not only that but this is my first ever offense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Sandbox
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [UNBANNED - TREAD CAREFULLY] Carter Smith Unban Appeal   Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:56 pm

There were no warnings, and no one spoke to him that what he was doing would be punishable by a permanent ban. He was only scavenging at the time he was permanently banned, and the only time someone spoke up to stop being annoying was on a different day when the radio playback was bothering other people. If someone had given him prior consideration, instead of discussing without him, this wouldn't be an issue where an unnecessarily harsh, one sided ban would be made.

Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [UNBANNED - TREAD CAREFULLY] Carter Smith Unban Appeal   Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:18 pm

I am acting not by what was reported, but by what I and a co-founder experienced while interacting with him. He is being punished for the past, not the present.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Sandbox
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [UNBANNED - TREAD CAREFULLY] Carter Smith Unban Appeal   Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:33 pm

If the past experience while interacting with him were punishable enough for a permanent ban, why did you neglect speaking to him to cut it out or stop?

PostSubject: Re: [UNBANNED - TREAD CAREFULLY] Carter Smith Unban Appeal   Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:41 pm

Mr. Sandbox wrote:
If the past experience while interacting with him were punishable enough for a permanent ban, why did you neglect speaking to him to cut it out or stop?

Maybe it was just a ton of one-day bans added all together.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vac

PostSubject: Re: [UNBANNED - TREAD CAREFULLY] Carter Smith Unban Appeal   Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:11 pm

James King wrote:
Mr. Sandbox wrote:

Maybe it was just a ton of one-day bans added all together.

In one of my previous posts in this thread I clearly stated this was my first ever offense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpRaY_N_PrAy

PostSubject: Re: [UNBANNED - TREAD CAREFULLY] Carter Smith Unban Appeal   Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:48 am

Vac wrote:
I guess I just wasn't thinking. It was something I did in the heat of the moment.
I know you already apologized, but I have to clarify that it was your fault and your decision, not the "heat of the moment's" decision, or your brief moment of going full retard and "not thinking." It was all you, and you alone.
Admit that everything you did, you were exited to do beforehand.

Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [UNBANNED - TREAD CAREFULLY] Carter Smith Unban Appeal   Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:21 pm

Quote :
I know you already apologized, but I have to clarify that it was your fault and your decision, not the "heat of the moment's" decision, or your brief moment of going full retard and "not thinking." It was all you, and you alone.

Thank you for saying what we were all thinking, couldn't have said it better myself.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anchorman

PostSubject: Re: [UNBANNED - TREAD CAREFULLY] Carter Smith Unban Appeal   Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:50 pm

poop.

Vac

PostSubject: [UNBANNED - TREAD CAREFULLY] Carter Smith Unban Appeal   Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:01 pm

SpRaY_N_PrAy wrote:
Vac wrote:
I guess I just wasn't thinking. It was something I did in the heat of the moment.

Sandbox and I were were inside our base when Daniel Reid came up to the base and forced an admin sit about how our base was against the rules. After which Marcel Stone came up and attempted to force his way inside our base demanding he talk to Daniel Reid, who was in an admin sit. If Marcel had something groundbreaking, and direly needed to talk to Daniel he could have joined the admin sit. Instead he stood outside our base for 5 minutes, while the admin situation was ongoing, still attempting to get inside our base. But like I said in my last appeal, it was our base and we were not required to move from the doorway . I had not been out seeking to stir trouble at the time of my ban, merely just planning my base with Sandbox to reflect the newly added rules.

Not only that but my previous appeal was denied on the grounds of a false appeal and body blocking. However, I  thought the reason for my ban were for actions that transpired on that day not previous one. I can't help but feel that the ban was a little more than extreme, I mean a permanent ban for playing loud music over a radio? I've seen other threads on this forum with people doing thing way worse than I, but for some reason they get much more lenient punishments.

http://www.frostburnt.com/t2103-accepted-ct-9911-striker ( RDM X3, Multiple NLR breaks )
http://www.frostburnt.com/t2065-accepted-lone-wanderer-ban-appeal ( Failing to warn in text, resulting in 2 RDMS )
http://www.frostburnt.com/t2031-accepted-removal-of-ban-daniel-reid ( Blatant rdm )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel Reid
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [UNBANNED - TREAD CAREFULLY] Carter Smith Unban Appeal   Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:53 am

Funny. It wasn't even Marcel who tried to get in. It was a few other non-descript players. Weird story you have that changes all the time

PostSubject: Re: [UNBANNED - TREAD CAREFULLY] Carter Smith Unban Appeal   Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:00 pm

Daniel Reid wrote:
Funny. It wasn't even Marcel who tried to get in.  It was a few other non-descript players.  Weird story you have that changes all the time

I'm not quite sure what you're implying because my story has stayed the same from when I got banned to now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ameno-Sagiri
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: [UNBANNED - TREAD CAREFULLY] Carter Smith Unban Appeal   Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:47 pm

Yes, it is stupid that you were banned for the base related thing. While Daniel Reid was standing bitching about your base, I seen absolutely nothing wrong with it, since it was an in progress base. Everyone on the server was just butthurt about your non-raidable base that nobody could get into the night before, so they were treating you like shit.

From what Bizz and Nightmare told me however, AFTER I unbanned you that night, I was told you and Sandbox got on the server and kept war baiting Marcel and you were stealing everyone's cars and annoying people with music, which is why I seen you were banned again the next morning, so I gave up on trying to get you unbanned. If true, at that point, this falls under the common sense rule. I just ban whoever tries to start shit.

Donator

PostSubject: Re: [UNBANNED - TREAD CAREFULLY] Carter Smith Unban Appeal   Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:13 pm

Ameno is right I was there that night when they were both doing that stuff.

Ban

PostSubject: Re: [UNBANNED - TREAD CAREFULLY] Carter Smith Unban Appeal   Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:33 pm

The war baiting ban was solely on me, and was dealt with. I was the only one approaching Marcel so there shouldn't be an inclusion of Vac in that accusation. Vac was minding his own business scavenging that night, while I did indeed steal and hide one car, however, neither of us used radios on mojave. On a side note on what Daniel Reid claimed, Marcel was attempting to get into our base.

PostSubject: Re: [UNBANNED - TREAD CAREFULLY] Carter Smith Unban Appeal   Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:16 pm

Sif Green wrote:
Ameno is right I was there that night when they were both doing that stuff.

After I got unbanned I did not run around and war bait Marcel, I merely scavenged for about ~6 hours. I did not steal anyone's car and logs from the server will also show that I did not spawn in a radio after I was unbanned and got on (If there are even logs for that).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ameno-Sagiri
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: [UNBANNED - TREAD CAREFULLY] Carter Smith Unban Appeal   Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:07 am

Unbanned. Watch being edgy, there's going to be a lot of pissy people I would imagine.

[UNBANNED - TREAD CAREFULLY] Carter Smith Unban Appeal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1