3-9-15 PSA READ NOW

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: 3-9-15 PSA READ NOW   Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:06 pm

UPDATE: Most of the bugs are fixed, so its pretty playable now! Crashes are still occasional though

Hello everyone! Coront here, bringing you all a serious public service announcement!
Garry has made a update that broke alot of things on the server.

If you ever do something and the server crashes almost immediately afterward, report it here, and we'll do some tests.
Sometimes it may seem like a coincidence, but it might not be.

List all bugs you encounter in this thread please, I will list anything you find in the list here:
Orange Text= Not certified by testing/undeniable evidence
Green Text= Bug is fixed
Purple Text= Temporarily solved, but not fixed
Red Text= Not fixed

List 'o bugs
-Dropping down vendor makes it disappear, doesn't re-spawn in inventory after re-connecting (Thank you Daniel Reid) [fixed]
-When you join the server, a very loud noise plays. Sounds to be a helicopter, electricity, and radiation playing at same time (Only on csc_desert)
-WAC Aircraft causes a large amount of errors [WAC Removed until it's been fixed]
-Dropping robot charging station causes server to crash (Thank you Sif Green) [fixed]
-Promoting people in communities causes their character to get corrupted (Lose all equipped items, XP, and Skill levels) (Thank you Antwon) [fixed]
-Server crashes occasionally
-Dropping ammo from car causes server to crash
-Strange White Flames do not work when on ground (Out of inventory) (Thank you Capn Smurf) [fixed]
-Debeaked Headcrabs have no name above their head, and cannot be given a name either. (Thank you Capn Smurf) [fixed]
-Radiation insta kills people (Thank you Chacon)
-Prop-killing now possible again (Thank you Chacon) [fixed]
-Lab Coat turns into random suit of armor on some occasions (Thank you Chacon)
-Everyone can grab all props/game items with physgun (Thank you Chacon) [fixed]
-In order to get into any stockpile, even yours; you must break into it (Thank you Chacon)
-Crafting items in bulk causes the server to crash (Thank you Sylas)
-Displaying Vendor items causes server to crash (Thank you DC)
-Using /me does not work properly
-Using Advanced Duplicator crashes the server (Thank you Zontar)
-Multiplas Rifle crashes server (Thank you Zontar)
-Creating a new character crashes the server (Thank you Daniel Reid)

Please be patient while these are fixed
If ANYONE is found exploiting these on purpose, they will be permanently removed from the server without question, and we have logs for everything

Last edited by Coront on Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:58 pm; edited 38 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel Reid
Ban

PostSubject: Re: 3-9-15 PSA READ NOW   Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:14 pm

Vendor thing happened to me, please refund.

Robot charging station is not a rumor, we tested it thrice.  Confirmed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ameno-Sagiri
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: 3-9-15 PSA READ NOW   Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:55 pm

Locked the server for now since there's a small list of bugs already, and people are losing things. We'll see what happens when Bizz comes on.

Other Bugs:
-ULX Menu/XGUI wouldn't work Fixed, Updated ULX and ULIB
-WAC Completely broke, infinitely spamming clientside console with 3 error messages Fixed, removed WAC for now
-There was a couple spotty reports of people dropping things out of their cars and the server instantly crashing. I dropped ammo out of a car and nothing notable happened except for the 20 rounds of buckshot transforming into 60 rounds of a 7.62 ammo. This only happened once to me however, I tried 5 more times and it dropped like it should have.

Serverside:
Code:
Lua Error: [ERROR] gamemodes/base/entities/entities/gmod_hands.lua:53: bad key to string index (number expected, got string) 1. error - [C]:-1 2. __index - lua/includes/extensions/string.lua:310 3. fn - gamemodes/base/entities/entities/gmod_hands.lua:53 4. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:107

Clientside:
Code:
'‭‬‌‎[ERROR]
 1. unknown - [C]:-1

Error in hook Think: addons/wac aircraft/lua/autorun/wac_aircraft_input.lua:156: Tried to use a NULL entity!
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'GetNWEntity'
addons/wac aircraft/lua/autorun/wac_aircraft_input.lua:156: in function 'fn'
addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:183: in function <addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:161>
[C]: in function '‭‬‌‎'

[ERROR]

Error in hook CreateMove: addons/wac aircraft/lua/autorun/client/wac_aircraft.lua:85: Tried to use a NULL entity!
stack traceback:
addons/wac aircraft/lua/autorun/client/wac_aircraft.lua:85: in function 'fn'
addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:183: in function <addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:161>

[ERROR]

Error in hook RenderScreenspaceEffects: addons/wac aircraft/lua/autorun/client/wac_aircraft.lua:68: Tried to use a NULL entity!
stack traceback:
addons/wac aircraft/lua/autorun/client/wac_aircraft.lua:68: in function 'fn'

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: 3-9-15 PSA READ NOW   Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:16 pm

I was up lastnight a little later than I should of been and I noticed the update, but it was far too late for me to start fixing it. I did however make a backup of the server's database, including everyone' profiles, and once everything is fixed the backup will be loaded, so basically all progress people make with their character after 2am last night will be lost. I'v unlocked the server and I recommend people get on and help us find more bugs. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

EDIT: I've moved this thread tot he announcements and posted it on the front page.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Mr.Chacon
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: 3-9-15 PSA READ NOW   Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:19 pm

1.the rad pit and the toxic waste on CS desert can kill you (i had to get some help testing that)
2.people can prop kill by lunching other players into the air with props they spawn by pushing them with the scroll weal or placing the prop under someone and players can prop surf on the props they spawn
3.players can phy gun cars they own and throw them. (not to any prop, only the cars they own)
4.power attacks with fists while blocking
5.lab coats turning in rad suits in inventory (only happened once)
7. venders being eaten
8.characters being eaten/corrupted when promoted in the community they are in
9. multiple server crashes are being reported to me and players are finding ways to crash the server
10. lots of script errors are being reported
11. random noises when you join the game and out in the map

these are bugs that have been reported to me on the server by our players. you guys know more about this then i do but i hope this helps and if it does i am glad i showed this to you all. (I WILL ADD MORE BUGS TO THE LIST AS I FIND/TOLD ABOUT THEM)

Last edited by Mr.Chacon on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:29 am; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sif Green
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: 3-9-15 PSA READ NOW   Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:21 pm

This is just really ridiculous how many bugs there are from one update, and I especially feel bad for the coders who have to fix it all .-..

PostSubject: Re: 3-9-15 PSA READ NOW   Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:27 pm

welcome to Gmod Updates, Sif.
this has been going for longer than anyone would want to admit.
Gmod is suffering

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptnSmurf

PostSubject: Re: 3-9-15 PSA READ NOW   Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:42 pm

I can confirm the ear destruction still happens, does this have anything to do with it?

Error! Variable "$surfaceprop" is multiply defined in material "maps/rp_cscdesert_v3_b1/nature/blendrockgravel001a_wvt_patch"!
***need to set $abovewater for material maps/rp_cscdesert_v3_b1/dev/dev_water2_cheap_1984_-8768_-272
***need to set $abovewater for material maps/rp_cscdesert_v3_b1/dev/dev_water2_cheap_1984_-9040_-256
KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer:  got EOF instead of keyname in file materials/models/weapons/w_models/m82/m82.vmt
VertexLitGeneric,
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file materials/models/cyberpunk/weapons/addons/aimscroll_b2.vmt
(*UnlitGeneric*), (*proxies*), (*TextureScroll*),
Error: Material "effects/plasma_particle" : proxy "TextureScroll" unable to initialize!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vac

PostSubject: Re: 3-9-15 PSA READ NOW   Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:46 pm

CaptnSmurf wrote:
I can confirm the ear destruction still happens, does this have anything to do with it?

Error! Variable "$surfaceprop" is multiply defined in material "maps/rp_cscdesert_v3_b1/nature/blendrockgravel001a_wvt_patch"!
***need to set $abovewater for material maps/rp_cscdesert_v3_b1/dev/dev_water2_cheap_1984_-8768_-272
***need to set $abovewater for material maps/rp_cscdesert_v3_b1/dev/dev_water2_cheap_1984_-9040_-256
KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer:  got EOF instead of keyname in file materials/models/weapons/w_models/m82/m82.vmt
VertexLitGeneric,
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file materials/models/cyberpunk/weapons/addons/aimscroll_b2.vmt
Error: Material "effects/plasma_particle" : proxy "TextureScroll" unable to initialize!

Materials would have no effect on sounds playing.

Sif Green wrote:
This is just really ridiculous how many bugs there are from one update, and I especially feel bad for the coders who have to fix it all .-..

Dev build for this update has been out for a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedCloud

PostSubject: Re: 3-9-15 PSA READ NOW   Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:03 pm

so from what I can gather, and correct me if i'm wrong, garry fatass negroid newman got bored and tried to make a swastika in the garry's mod programming, but he had to call it an update so that he'd have an excuse. so he changed a forward slash to a backslash and basically fucked the entirety of gmod because he knows nothing about game programming, while banging on his keyboard with a comical caveman club.
or thats atleast how i like picture it.

Ameno-Sagiri
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: 3-9-15 PSA READ NOW   Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:47 am

Vac wrote:
CaptnSmurf wrote:

VertexLitGeneric,

Sif Green wrote:

Dev build for this update has been out for a few weeks.

It was already tested quite awhile ago by Bizz, I guess they had some un-announced last minute additions that they applied that broke things in the end anyways, like halving the networkvars per entity, which apparently is a huge problem for PostNuke.

From what I've seen after several years of doing this, if it's tested in single-player or a testing server, everything works fine, if it's on the actual live PostNuke, everything breaks, this is especially the case whenever it's a Garry's Mod update. Pre-Update seems to work well, but then the official update breaks everything.

All issues present after this new update were not issues on the development build is basically what I'm saying (As far as I know). Maybe Bizz did find lots of broken things, but I'm assuming he would have fixed them, or he just doesn't care anymore since he wants to get the new gamemode finished instead of worrying about the current one.

All well, it's a video game. It will be fixed eventually.

PostSubject: Re: 3-9-15 PSA READ NOW   Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:32 am

Vac wrote:
CaptnSmurf wrote:

VertexLitGeneric,

Yeah thats what I thought, it was just the first thing in my console when I joined the server and became deaf.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: De Luca

PostSubject: Re: 3-9-15 PSA READ NOW   Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:11 am

I joined after the server went up again, the sign explaining the bug was up. I placed my vending machine outside of the gas station and dropped my car to go scavenge. 2minutes into scavenging the server crashed. Will my vending machine Stull be In my inventory?

Ban

PostSubject: Re: 3-9-15 PSA READ NOW   Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:11 pm

Probably not. That's what happened to me

PostSubject: Re: 3-9-15 PSA READ NOW   Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:12 pm

=/

Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: 3-9-15 PSA READ NOW   Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:13 pm

-Changing the model on a vending machine makes it completely useless after, you cannot do anything with it, grab it, or put it in your inventory. It goes back into your inventory after you reconnect.

Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: 3-9-15 PSA READ NOW   Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:16 pm

If you read above, Bizz says everything after the Garry's Mod update will be rolled back to right as the update happened. He saved a copy of the database right as he seen the new Garry's Mod update notification on Steam.

Pretty much no reason to play right now unless you want to find all the bugs. Garry changed things with networking too and the server can hardly stay up for 20 minutes before it crashes.

Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: 3-9-15 PSA READ NOW   Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:21 pm

PostSubject: Re: 3-9-15 PSA READ NOW   Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:48 pm

I went on the temp server and recorded a bit.

This is the broken vending machine, which I pushed around for too long, and a messed up chem node.

This is me spawning a bulk box of ammo which crashed the server. This was a one time occurrence, as shown by the video after the next.

I have one more video showing the vending machine and a lack of resource nodes across the map. It also shows that the ammo crash isn't consistent. This was after the first time I killed the server. I will upload it later when my internet doesn't hate me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyextri

PostSubject: Re: 3-9-15 PSA READ NOW   Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:56 pm

hey i cant aim down sights on any weapons and the axe is glitched and we can no clip and chat is now global and no ghouls are spawning anywhere

mathew95597

PostSubject: Re: 3-9-15 PSA READ NOW   Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:35 pm

Ghouls spawning now...but for some reason I couldn't pick up "Old World Money" when it was hovering off the ground.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: 3-9-15 PSA READ NOW   Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:25 am

Your vending machine is still in your inventory. Man I really hate this update, it's ruined everything. Now servers are crashing in ways that my Automated restarter can't detect. To make matters worse, it looks like Garrysmod's server browser doesn't want to show my server no matter what. It shows fine in the legacy browser, but most players don't use that. I've looked into the issue and apparently there's no fix for it, it just happens to some servers. I really don't know what I'm going to do about all of this, this is all very upsetting.

Also, yeah Garry broke gmod even more so that you can't do anything with a weapon that doesn't have ammo. Even if you get ammo for it it still doesn't work until you switch away from it and then back. Why? Because screw you, that's why.
.-.
Ugh....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Sif Green
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: 3-9-15 PSA READ NOW   Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:22 am

Can Garry just like, roll back the update as if it never happened? .-..

PostSubject: Re: 3-9-15 PSA READ NOW   Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:31 am

Are you nuts? That'd make Garry's mod work at least a bit properly. He doesn't want us to have a working game, he wants us to leave the damn thing. They been trying to kill the game from before I even ever started playing the game.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xx_ESTE_xX

PostSubject: Re: 3-9-15 PSA READ NOW   Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:23 am

Another Bug:Wen Using the "power linker" the server crashes

A man once said," To kill or to be killed, unless your enemy can't be killed, well then you're fucked..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

3-9-15 PSA READ NOW
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next