HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[ACCEPTED] Moderator Application (Colonel DC Stevenson)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: [ACCEPTED] Moderator Application (Colonel DC Stevenson)   Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:54 pm

In-game Name:
Colonel DC Stevenson

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:72951432

Have you donated: (Not required but recommended)
Not yet. Gotta get that Credit Card.

Where are you from/time zone:
Eastern Time Zone, Central FL.

How long have you played:
About 10 months, not including my recent time off of the server.

How did you hear about FF: (E.g. Friends: Admins: Other:)
Other: I was looking through the server lists, thought it looked cool, and decided to give it a try.

How old are you:

Do you have a microphone:
Yes. I prefer not to use it, but it's there.

Do you know any of our Moderators/Admins: (List names here)
Gnomp, Red Cloud, Brigadier General Bacon, Rebecca, Duncan, Bizzclaw, Ameno, Opsan, Leon Price, Coront, Mr. Chacon, Nightmare, and Shinoda (Retired I think.)

Have you played on any of our other servers: (List names here)
N/A

Why you wish to be Moderator:
I am an experienced player on the Frostburnt Foundation Postnuke RP server, and I would like to contribute to the gameplay experience of other players by acting as a moderator to resolve OOC Issues and discourage rule breaking, both of which can become a major obstacle to RP and fun in general, when left unattended. I also enjoy contributing to the RP experience of other players on the server, and the position of moderator would allow me to take a more active role (Still under the authority of the Admins of course) in the organization of events and RP situations on the server.

What can you offer for us as an Moderator:
I am able to keep a level head in difficult/frustrating situations, and can act responsibly and by the rules to deal with any OOC issues and rule breaking which may occur on the server, in order to improve the RP experience and enjoyability of the server. I will also work to assist the higher-ranking admins in any way possible with their duties, and will willingly follow the "command structure" of the PNRP admin system.

Anything else you want to add:
Aside from my recent "Vacation" from the server, I am, and have been an active player on the server, and I am familiar with the server rules. I am fully willing to follow the rules and meet the expectations set out for moderators, including the use of teamspeak, regardless of my personal opinions on the program. I do not plan on leaving the server again, for any reason, and will remain as active as possible once I begin college (This Fall). I'd also like to apologize for taking my "Vacation" immediately after consideration for my previous application began, as I realize that it was a waste of time for several staff members.

Edit: Call Me Captain Typos.

Last edited by DCWasteland3r on Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James King

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Moderator Application (Colonel DC Stevenson)   Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:56 pm

DCWasteland3r wrote:
I am an experienced server on the Frostburnt Foundation Postnuke RP server,

Hire him already he is an experienced server
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sif Green
Donator

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Moderator Application (Colonel DC Stevenson)   Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:57 pm

We could use more experienced servers considering this one is crashing every 5 minutes.

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Moderator Application (Colonel DC Stevenson)   Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:01 pm

It was a typo lol. Accidentally deleted a line or two of stuff as well. Fixing it now.
Edit: Fixed.

Last edited by DCWasteland3r on Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James King

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Moderator Application (Colonel DC Stevenson)   Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:02 pm

Sif Green wrote:
We could use more experienced servers considering this one is crashing every 5 minutes.

Thats what Im saying yo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Moderator Application (Colonel DC Stevenson)   Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:15 pm

+juan

Though good luck getting accepted. Q_Q it has proven to be a journey of almost a whole year now for me -_-

Daniel Reid
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Moderator Application (Colonel DC Stevenson)   Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:30 am

+1
DC has always helped me with rules. Every time I had a question I asked him. Even the "unwritten rules" he seemed to always know. Sometimes I would check behind his back to see if he was just fibbing (when I first met him) to see if he was lying, with other staff. He never fibbed.

CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Moderator Application (Colonel DC Stevenson)   Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:53 am

well +2 for me but -1 for nuking my stranded troops in alaska if anyone gets my reference xD Hes a good player and fits the role but not sure if we are still accepting applications.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James King

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Moderator Application (Colonel DC Stevenson)   Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:11 am

On a more serious note I'm gonna have to say -1 becAuse I remeber him thinking that stealing counted as baiting and was a bannable offense

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger
Donator

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Moderator Application (Colonel DC Stevenson)   Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:51 am

on a yay or nay basis, my vote is yay.
You're a decent person and I'm pretty sure you'll fit nicely, just like Chacon.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: De Luca

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Moderator Application (Colonel DC Stevenson)   Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:13 am

Now my opinion may seem biased but it isn't.

He recruited me into his community a while back, and from what I've observed he is a great player, follows the rules and enjoys serious rp. I don't know his past but from what I've seen he could be staff material.

+1

Ban

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Moderator Application (Colonel DC Stevenson)   Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:22 pm

If you run around, constantly stealing with no or little items on, James, it is Pvp baiting. That's why Leonard Young got banned, for a multitude of reasons on top of that. Also walking around in no armor/very little armor and trash talking is also war baiting, as quite a few people know now.

Do some research, James.

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Moderator Application (Colonel DC Stevenson)   Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:51 pm

James King wrote:
On a more serious note I'm gonna have to say -1 becAuse I remeber him thinking that stealing counted as baiting and was a bannable offense

In my defense, it wasn't about the stealing. It was about the context. That was just one of many incidents involving you following and annoying UAR members to get a war request. The report basically expired though, so it's not even an issue anymore.

James King

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Moderator Application (Colonel DC Stevenson)   Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:05 pm

Daniel Reid wrote:
If you run around, constantly stealing with no or little items on, James, it is Pvp baiting.  That's why Leonard Young got banned, for a multitude of reasons on top of that.  Also walking around in no armor/very little armor and trash talking is also war baiting, as quite a few people know now.  

Do some research, James.
. So should I put up a report against mike because he stole a thing from me without any armor on
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Moderator Application (Colonel DC Stevenson)   Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:46 pm

James King wrote:
So should I put up a report against mike because he stole a thing from me without any armor on

I doubt he stole with the intent to start a war. Really though, this probably isn't the best place to be having this discussion.

Ameno-Sagiri
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Moderator Application (Colonel DC Stevenson)   Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:40 am

[ACCEPTED]

Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Moderator Application (Colonel DC Stevenson)   Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:26 am

Daniel Reid wrote:
If you run around, constantly stealing with no or little items on, James, it is Pvp baiting.  That's why Leonard Young got banned, for a multitude of reasons on top of that.  Also walking around in no armor/very little armor and trash talking is also war baiting, as quite a few people know now.  

Do some research, James.

No, that isn't why Young was banned, in fact, he's unbanned now. Maybe he just quit the server and never came back.

Anyway, he was banned for a multitude of reasons; baiting to the extreme (Following people around and yelling at them for no reason, so they would attach him, and then he'd kill them), observing people and trying to find a way to kill them (which breaks the common sense rule [Don't go around doing things that seem like they'd be against the rules but aren't. The rule IS enforced]), and some other reasons, including bait steal, but that was a minor among the others.

Edit: Also, congrats DC!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[ACCEPTED] Moderator Application (Colonel DC Stevenson)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1