HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Serious RP.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Serious RP.   Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:49 pm

Just figured I'd do a little survey and ask who likes to RP Seriously on PNRP, and who doesn't. I figure this should lead to some interesting conversations.

Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Serious RP.   Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:50 pm

I do.

Also, here's what most people who try to do a serious RP end up doing:
Video made by me

pls like and subscribe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptnSmurf

PostSubject: Re: Serious RP.   Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:12 pm

Most times, I like it a lot. If it's well structured and doesn't have a bunch of people randomly trying to butt their heads in and screwing everything up then yeah, it's great. Like that time Marcel, Red, Collin, Folding and I interrogated the ghoul terrorist who was responsible for the summit bombing and town bombings.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chess
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Serious RP.   Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:35 pm

I don't mind serious rp. Most of the time I try to though, everyone is either treating me like I'm an admin and forgetting I like to play or everyone is trying to act like billy badass and act like they're the best thing since ailerons.

DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Serious RP.   Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:48 pm

I get what you mean. Some people just don't cooperate when someone else is actually trying to RP, and I Imagine being an admin could further complicate that.

Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Serious RP.   Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:50 pm

That gif is amazing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mathew95597

PostSubject: Re: Serious RP.   Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:54 pm

I roleplay every now and then but, sometimes I end up just being myself. When it really comes to it I can do Serious when needed to.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel Reid
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Serious RP.   Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:16 am

I really like to RP, but it's easy to like it when you're RP'ing as a hugely armored, highly armed and trained gun for hire

CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: Serious RP.   Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:01 am

thats not rp thats just pissing off Marcel xD and you may like to rp but you DONT wana piss off Marcel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chess
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Serious RP.   Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:59 pm

Blackhawkdownabc wrote:
thats not rp thats just pissing off Marcel xD and you may like to rp but you DONT wana piss off Marcel.
Why not? He's just another person. He's more vocal than others is all. 2edgy4me

DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Serious RP.   Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:53 pm

Coront wrote:
That gif is amazing.
It is.

:F|F: Price
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: Serious RP.   Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:03 pm

I was just jokin Chess Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Serious RP.   Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:18 pm

I like to RP when theres a storyline to follow, for example There was a short storyline with a user called Veronica Falycon or something like that and he/she (pretty sure the entity was a she) would create great Rp out of nowhere, and kinda had this "Rp Air" around her. So sometimes there would be things she needed help with and other times where I would meet her at random times, usually on friendly terms (i think she left the server though)

Back to the topic since im ranting, if you can start up a situation where it makes sense and can go somewhere I'll probably join in!

Srs Rp es now negaged pls buckle your seatbelts and get rdy for the most srs out of bodyd roleplay you will ever be introduced to lel.

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Serious RP.   Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:41 pm

StormySunrise wrote:
I like to RP when theres a storyline to follow, for example There was a short storyline with a user called Veronica Falycon or something like that and he/she (pretty sure the entity was a she) would create great Rp out of nowhere, and kinda had this "Rp Air" around her. So sometimes there would be things she needed help with and other times where I would meet her at random times, usually on friendly terms (i think she left the server though)

Back to the topic since im ranting, if you can start up a situation where it makes sense and can go somewhere I'll probably join in!

Srs Rp es now negaged pls buckle your seatbelts and get rdy for the most srs out of bodyd roleplay you will ever be introduced to lel.

Veronica Faolan is still around. Just waiting for the new playermodels to get finished.

Rezzy

PostSubject: Re: Serious RP.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:48 pm

Thanks for the shoutout Stormy! I'm still here, I just haven't been on as much lately what with all the issues that have been plaguing the server lately. Love to meet up with all of y'all one of these days and get a huge RP going. That's where this server is at it's best imo.

Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Serious RP.   Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:46 pm

Post nuke 2 is going to have a large amount of space for either party due to persistent maps. PvP zones are more prone to have the baseline non-roleplay populous, while the 'Safe' zones are more prone to have roleplayers. I for one as part of the development team, albeit in a small way, am opposed to having no player-to-player damage in these "Safe Zones" it detracts from the setting of a wasteland in terms of helplessness, why even call it a wasteland when we can feel safe? This is post apocalyptic after all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chess
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Serious RP.   Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:38 pm

Yea, even if the "Non-Pvp" area isn't based around well, pvp, I can see it still be a state of affairs. People who steal will get shot, raiders will raid, etc. And if you can't cause damage in the safe zone, it'll make player to player threats less spooky. Sometimes the best way to resolve something is the easiest. E.G. Bullets.

Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Serious RP.   Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:52 pm

It's honestly because I want to build a gamemode that requires as little moderation as possible. Perhaps there could be an "RP MAP" of some sorts that sort of reflects the rules of the current server with PVP enabled but RDM administrated, but having every server allowing PVP when RDM isn't allowed would be impossible to administrate. I mean seriously, it's annoying enough administrating the current server.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/ Online
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Serious RP.   Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:01 pm

You can't automate people, and by limiting player interaction on a level like that is detracting from the showcased and presented experience by stealing away atmosphere and alternate routes of decision making. Sequels are supposed to supersede their predecessors in one way or another, and frankly by taking away a key role of player to player interaction and making it purely accessible with no restraints in other parts of the game world is sort of like telling a kid he can't play with his favorite toys using his hands, he has to use his feet and that's retarded.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Serious RP.   Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:05 pm

Gnomp wrote:
Post nuke 2 is going to have a large amount of space for either party due to persistent maps. PvP zones are more prone to have the baseline non-roleplay populous, while the 'Safe' zones are more prone to have roleplayers. I for one as part of the development team, albeit in a small way, am opposed to having no player-to-player damage in these "Safe Zones" it detracts from the setting of a wasteland in terms of helplessness, why even call it a wasteland when we can feel safe? This is post apocalyptic after all.

I'm in agreement. Stricter PVP moderation? By all means. But completely disabling it is not a good idea IMO either. Would make theft a HUGE issue especially.

CaptnSmurf

PostSubject: Re: Serious RP.   Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:27 pm

All I can imagine is someone breaking into your base and taking everything cause you can't shoot them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Serious RP.   Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:32 pm

You must not have a very broad imagination, DCWasteland3r's point is that PvP being disabled in these 'Safe-Zones' would cause more issues that it would fix. People stealing items during transactions would be another large issue. Death is going to have heavier penalties in Postnuke 2, so having it disabled would remove the threat of getting punished by other players for your own actions.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptnSmurf

PostSubject: Re: Serious RP.   Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:44 pm

That's what I was trying to convey, you couldn't stop people from doing nefarious things.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Serious RP.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: