Share | 

Official Statement of affairs.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:17 pm

Gnomp wrote:
Leaving up a legacy Postnuke server at this point would prevent players from experiencing the new and improved.

I'd still try the new server, but let's be honest, a lot of people still want the old one, because it's a fun gamemode. Why not just keep it. I wouldn't mind one less map on the "new" server if it meant keeping pnrp classic.[/quote]

Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:14 pm

Quote :
I'd still try the new server, but let's be honest, a lot of people still want the old one, because it's a fun gamemode. Why not just keep it. I wouldn't mind one less map on the "new" server if it meant keeping pnrp classic.

Postnuke 2 will have all the old features of the original and much more. It's a sequel that supersedes it's predecessor by improving where the old failed to shine. At this point, wanting the old server after Postnuke 2 is released is like wanting an expired Snickers Bar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James King

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:27 pm

Gnomp wrote:
Quote :
I'd still try the new server, but let's be honest, a lot of people still want the old one, because it's a fun gamemode. Why not just keep it. I wouldn't mind one less map on the "new" server if it meant keeping pnrp classic.

Postnuke 2 will have all the old features of the original and much more. It's a sequel that supersedes it's predecessor by improving where the old failed to shine. At this point, wanting the old server after Postnuke 2 is released is like wanting an expired Snickers Bar.

Kinda like how people wanted old school runescape
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:10 pm

Quote :
Kinda like how people wanted old school runescape

That's a horrible example, the 'New Runescape' failed to fix issues by bringing more into play and by 'fixing' what wasn't broken. We won't be doing this, we'll be doing the exact opposite. Think of the Souls series of video games. Demon's Souls was amazing, but Darksouls took what Demon's Souls had and made a better game, it skimmed on the atmosphere, but that was kind of expected. The story was deep, the gameplay was solid. All the meanwhile Demon's Souls was smiling from the back of the room in acceptance of it's worthy successor.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:59 pm

Gnomp wrote:
Quote :

It may seem that way to you, but to be honest, it's all about personal opinion. Just like how some people like the original Fallouts more than 3 or New Vegas. Steam still has those Originals available for purchase, even though 3 and NV are better in the eyes of many people.

Edit: Maybe we should make a separate topic to discuss this?

Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:10 pm

The new Fallouts don't capture the atmosphere or gameplay of the first two, I'll refer you to the Souls game arguement.

Quote :
That's a horrible example, the 'New Runescape' failed to fix issues by bringing more into play and by 'fixing' what wasn't broken. We won't be doing this, we'll be doing the exact opposite. Think of the Souls series of video games. Demon's Souls was amazing, but Darksouls took what Demon's Souls had and made a better game, it skimmed on the atmosphere, but that was kind of expected. The story was deep, the gameplay was solid. All the meanwhile Demon's Souls was smiling from the back of the room in acceptance of it's worthy successor.

Edit: I have a deal-breaker for all of you: You realize that when we release Postnuke 2, even if we did keep the original up, it'd still be reset to be moved to the new Dedicated servers. Would you all honestly play on the old with a fresh start? This makes my point really shine, Postnuke 2 is a different fresh start with more features.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:52 pm

Why reset it at all? Just leave it. Stagnation can (Sometimes) be good.

Fade Attano
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:26 pm

As long as I can look like a Legion scout and go around yelling RETRIBUTION i'm fine...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpRaY_N_PrAy

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:19 am

Bizzclaw wrote:
I'm a mapper/lua scripter/modeler/animator and I'd like to see this happen so much that I'd like to help!
I would really appreciated any help I can get.

Welp, who wants to map with Spray?/Who will be mapping? I have some ideas and tips to share around as I'm sure some others have to share with me.
I'm not amateur, I promise.

Last edited by SpRaY_N_PrAy on Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : nosey little fucker, aren't you?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlankJones
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:38 pm

SpRaY_N_PrAy wrote:
Bizzclaw wrote:
I'm a mapper/lua scripter/modeler/animator and I'd like to see this happen so much that I'd like to help!
I would really appreciated any help I can get.

Welp, who wants to map with Spray?/Who will be mapping? I have some ideas and tips to share around as I'm sure some others have to share with me.
I'm not amateur, I promise.

How long have you been doing the hammer? c:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpRaY_N_PrAy

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:13 pm

Can't say for sure, but over a full year. What about you? Probably far more than me, actually.

EDIT: I've actually never made a map for Garry's mod. I have no idea how to actually port hammer to it for direct map transmission.

Last edited by SpRaY_N_PrAy on Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Yeah, really...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlankJones
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:26 pm

SpRaY_N_PrAy wrote:
Can't say for sure, but over a full year. What about you? Probably far more than me, actually.

EDIT: I've actually never made a map for Garry's mod. I have no idea how to actually port hammer to it for direct map transmission.

I sent you a request on steam c:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpRaY_N_PrAy

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:03 pm

Thanks!~

I don't think it's healthy for the playerbase to have postnuke running at the same time of resurgence. Not that it matters, though, because everyone has tons of time to enjoy postnuke before "Surge" comes out. Also, I'm a bit worried that if resurgence comes out, everyone I've met will just play postnuke and I'll have to find new friends........again...
I have one question though- Are we keeping Firearms: Source? I've never liked the fallout weapon's look or feel, or sounds, and FA:S is my favorite half-life mod+workshop content, please tell me we can keep a FEW guns, maybe make the Firearms Ak-47 the "Chinese Assault Rifle" (Fucking what, fallout? Chinese? The AK??) and the Firearms M1911 could be the... wait, the 9MM?? What the fuck??

Exavolt
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:12 pm

Spray, it's called Chinese rifle because in the fallout universe the communist China has absorbed what would have been the soviet union, and the 9mm pistol in new Vegas isn't a 1911, it's basicly a browing high power, a VERY similar gun. The real 1911 is featured in one of the DLC.s

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:29 pm

Here we go with the fucking terminology again, might wanna stop posting on this thread before someone gets banned.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:19 pm

Quote :
Here we go with the fucking terminology again, might wanna stop posting on this thread before someone gets banned.

There's nothing wrong here, you must be perceiving idle conversation and debate for hostility. I assure you nothing harsh will come of this.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
James King

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:52 pm

Gnomp wrote:
Quote :

There's nothing wrong here, you must be perceiving idle conversation and debate for hostility. I assure you nothing harsh will come of this.

Dang, used wrong joke

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:05 pm

Quote :
Dang, used wrong joke

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpRaY_N_PrAy

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:01 am

EDIT: So, is that a "No" for the Firearms: Source?

James King wrote:

Nobody's going to be banned for my blatent butthurt for how the chinese just threw out all of the Russian rifles after conquering them.
"Communism ruined everything." That part of the Fallout lore was always so predictable to me. Communism is rather nice.

Daniel Reid
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:40 pm

Oh no. You've done it now.. here comes DC. I sense it

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:13 pm

SpRaY_N_PrAy wrote:
Communism is rather nice.

Get out.
Unless you want to put your money where your mouth is and defect to North Korea.

RedCloud

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:18 pm

SpRaY_N_PrAy wrote:
SpRaY_N_PrAy wrote:
SpRaY_N_PrAy wrote:
SpRaY_N_PrAy wrote:
SpRaY_N_PrAy wrote:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you

Malcom

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:57 am

is server reset decided?

Sakuya dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:42 am

The server roll back happened about a month or two ago...

Not reset, just rolled back a day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malcom

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:34 am

Coront wrote:
The server roll back happened about a month or two ago...

Not reset, just rolled back a day.

Quote :
I'm sure you wouldn't think that if I said it would be reset. I know you guys don't want to lose all of your progress, but I refuse to let any of it carry over even if it could for several reasons

1. It's impossible
Like I said, the character data is organized completely differently.

2. It would ruin the game
It will take longer to progress in Resurgence due to the fact that it will simply take longer to get end-gamed because there is so much more you'll be able to do, having people instantly starting out with power armor would make the gamemode unfair for newer players as it would take them longer to get to that point.

3. You'd be missing out
One of the things you'll be working towards in the gamemode is getting to that end-gamed point, and with Resurgence the journey there will be completely different. By starting out with the best gear, you'd be missing out on about half of what the gamemode has to offer.

im talking about this
who dont know that was a roll back

Sakuya dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Official Statement of affairs.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next