Share | 

Official Statement of affairs.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
CaptnSmurf

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:51 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
Vehicles will have individual inventory, condition and fuel management.

I'm all for the fuel management idea, but what if there was a fuelless alternative?
ENTER THE HORSE!
If you still have the Skyrim horse models and animations, could they be added as a vehicle that doesn't have condition? And horses don't need gas to run so instead of needing gas you'd need to feed it, which brings up the dilemma of feeding yourself or the horse. You obviously can't make a horse out of duct tape and wires so what if the horse spawned as an NPC on the map and you had to feed it x amount of food and put a saddle on it. You would either craft the saddle or you could find it as a rare drop while scavenging. The saddle could double as a container so people don't get any funny ideas about where you store something on a horse.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warandally
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:55 pm

So will caps be implemented as a currency system?Only problem is crafting would have to be changed comepletely as in Postnuke the crafting materials are the currency.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James King

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:24 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
Pac will be on the server, I don't see why I'd take it off.
Vehicles will have individual inventory, condition and fuel management.
Repair system will work more like Fallout 3's than New Vegas's, as in your repair skill will limit the level at which you can repair an item.

Also, I was thinking that there would be a way for players to work very hard to earn the ability to flag more than one favorite item, but donators might be able to get it off the bat. I just want to make sure the gamemode doesn't get too pay to win. That idea is probably subject to change.

Oh and I forgot to mention how ammo will work.
If your ammo is in your inventory, you'll be able to use it, however when you die you will lose a certain percentage and all of your magazine's of that ammunition

But isn't gas almost non existent in the fallout universe? (Suggesting postnuke2 or whatever it will be called is based off fallout)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:52 pm

In Fallout 2 you can get a car working.
I didn't say it would require gasoline, I only said fuel and that could be anything from MF Cells to Fission cells.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:47 pm

Warandally wrote:
So will caps be implemented as a currency system?Only problem is crafting would have to be changed comepletely as in Postnuke the crafting materials are the currency.

How about machines placed in the world that let you redeem pre-war cash for resources?

Edit: Also, I see it as more "Pay to have fun" than "pay to win". May just be me though.

Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:53 pm

Pay to have fun and Pay to win are the same exact thing. You're paying to get something in the game, and the thing you are paying for gives you an advantage over other players who didn't pay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:56 pm

Coront wrote:
Pay to have fun and Pay to win are the same exact thing. You're paying to get something in the game, and the thing you are paying for gives you an advantage over other players who didn't pay.

That's the thing though. This gamemode is supposed to be fun, and is when you get established, but starting with literally nothing but my fists after spending nearly a year building up resources is not fun, and I'm sure some other people agree. Not much I can do to stop it at this point, but I'm a bit disappointed.

Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:44 pm

It will be a shame to start all over from scratch after finally getting power armor, but I suppose I understand. I'm surprised to hear Postnuke was in as bad a shape as Bizz says it was before this shit.

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:25 pm

Bizzclaw, I know a slight amount of Lua, and if you need anything, Feel free to contact me at
ryanww0629@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whitewood

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:47 am

DC, its better starting fresh, can always make your faction again, with the same people.
Its also alot better, because EVERYONE, has to work to gain things, instead of having duped items, cheated or otherwise been given items via corruption. It'd be a nice, fresh start without any leverages, grudges/personal vendettas. Exploring the new world to your hearts content with your friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:01 am

The issue is that there s no equivalent of your postnuke character possible in the new gamemode as everything will work so much differently. Also, it's not like I'll be finishing Resurgence any time soon. Who knows, maybe I'll find out what's causing the server to crash, fix it and then you'll be able to play on the current server normally until this is done.
Oh and Ryan, do you know how to do derma/HUD stuff?
Back to top Go down
Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:34 am

Since it will be actually about fallout, and it will have the ability to go to different maps, would you consider the name "Fallout: Territories"?

Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:26 am

Well, I'll be here to answer any questions regarding the new gamemode so James doesn't have to, as I am part of the development teams, albeit in a small way.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ryanww

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:17 pm

Derma/Hud? Cake, what do you need me to do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ryanww

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:21 pm

However derma has become deprecated, and certain functions are no longer available, so it would be better to use something more up to date, as we don't want (excuse my language) shit coding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:28 pm

Fair Enough, Although I do have another idea: Starting kits. As in 3-5 Clean Water + Beans, and a Knife. You can eat for a short time, and if something small tries to mess with you, you can stab it.

Crucible
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:30 pm

U said you have dedicated servers now didnt you? "We can host as many servers as we need"
Why dont you just keep the old frostburnt server up as well as the new one?

Sif Green
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:33 pm

Spartan574 wrote:
U said you have dedicated servers now didnt you? "We can host as many servers as we need"
Why dont you just keep the old frostburnt server up as well as the new one?
Well the old server is now like fucked up to the point where it's almost unplayable, even if he kept it running there really would be no reason to play it. I mean, unless you enjoy crashing every 5 minutes or so, I think it would just be more exciting to play on a stable and upgraded server.

Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:16 pm

I think Spartan means keep postnuke still living, and Im honestly onboard if there was a aay to keep frostburnt post nuke around especially since sone of us have spent years developing their character
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Frost

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:28 pm

Is there gonna be rewards for old players like CS:GO veteran 5 year just iron picture below their name in player menu it shows how long they have been playing Postnukerp.

EX-Staff Member, I was demoted because I choose over anime and reading light novels than to play Fallout Decay for a long time, in other words, being inactive for all eternity that's the reason, folks!
See how many anime I finish!
See how many Light Novel I finish!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zontar

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:07 pm

Yea would be sweet something visual

Patrick Schindler, aye
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:44 pm

Blackhawkdownabc wrote:
I think Spartan means keep postnuke still living, and Im honestly onboard if there was a aay to keep frostburnt post nuke around especially since sone of us have spent years developing their character

The fact that Postnuke is now broken isn't really my fault, and unless whatever is crashing it is patched in a gmod update, I can't fix it. The only solution is to remake Postnuke from Scratch, which is a waste of time considering I'm already making my own gamemode.

I'm sure you wouldn't think that if I said it would be reset. I know you guys don't want to lose all of your progress, but I refuse to let any of it carry over even if it could for several reasons

1. It's impossible
Like I said, the character data is organized completely differently.

2. It would ruin the game
It will take longer to progress in Resurgence due to the fact that it will simply take longer to get end-gamed because there is so much more you'll be able to do, having people instantly starting out with power armor would make the gamemode unfair for newer players as it would take them longer to get to that point.

3. You'd be missing out
One of the things you'll be working towards in the gamemode is getting to that end-gamed point, and with Resurgence the journey there will be completely different. By starting out with the best gear, you'd be missing out on about half of what the gamemode has to offer.

Last edited by Bizzclaw on Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:54 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rezzy

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:44 pm

You know I've lost my stuff tons of times before, and I honestly don't think I'll mind getting all that stuff back. What does bother me though is the move to a new storyline altogether. I've had so many RPs and interactions and just straight up tales that were only possible in the freedom of being in an original world. Now that we're constrained to the Fallout Universe that really does put a huge dampener on original plotlines and ideas. I've made a lot of friends, enemies, successes, mistakes, and adventures in this old world of ours. Gonna hurt to see that stuff go. I'm not saying to not do it, I completely understand why and I think this is really the best way, I'm just pretty bummed out by the story aspect is all.

Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:04 pm

That's the thing about being really far away from any notable locations in the Fallout series. We can do our own stuff, and not really have it conflict with Fallout canon. We can make our own factions, have actual Fallout factions be here, there's still a lot of opportunity.

However, I will still cherish the fun I've had with the 117th Legion, everyone I've fought with, and against. The original Postnuke will still have a place in my heart.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James King

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:16 pm

I like to look at it this way. We get a new start which means new roleplay opportunities. Maybe you have been the nice guy in the wasteland well now you can change and be a mercenary or raider. I have defiantly gotten bored of the same thing over and over again so Im looking forward to the new gamemode. Also if you choose to stay the same, people will remember you from the past and nothing will change with your reputation.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Official Statement of affairs.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next