Official Statement of affairs.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Crucible
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:22 pm

I still think that if we can fix the current server, we should keep it up, and i plyed on it over the weekend..I actually didnt notice any bugs

Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:22 pm

Did you notice any crashes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Crucible
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:24 pm

None at all while i was playing. The only bug i really noticed was that my sentry went after anyone who shot anyone else

Sif Green
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:36 pm

The less people on the less likely there are to be any crashes

CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:49 pm

Another thing, starting a new server fresh, with no progress saves, is going to show a very common part of human psychology. I have the feeling a large portion of the server will not actively play on the new server because of a major sense of loss due to a loss of everything they had. It has happened before on other servers, im pretty sure it can happen again

Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:59 pm

Spartan, it won't be just a new server, it'll be an entirely new gamemode! Well, not entirely, but its going to be very different.

A whole new experience, so it won't be like starting a new character on a game you play to hell, but it'll be like starting a new character in a sequel to the game you play to hell. All new features, possibilities, opportunities, and more.

Also, this certainly isn't the first time the server has reset over the 2 years of run-time, it's been reset 2-3 times already. The server is still doing pretty well to this day, even with it being broken and all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Crucible
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:07 pm

Yes, a new game mode would draw more people in, but if the old server is kept alive, people would feel more comfortable trying out this new game mode knowing if they didnt like it, they could go back to the old server

Sif Green
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:51 pm

Honestly to the people who are wanting their old stuff back or something like that, just get over it and get reset like everyone else.

CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:21 pm

I dont go on frostburnt to play fallout, i go on frostburnt to llay postnuke rp, and from what i am hearing, this new game mode is literally gonna be fallout for gmod. Already the server is becoming like fallout, not everyone is too thrilled with that...some of us actually like the unique feel of a independant game mode not ripping off of spme major game like have of the other game modes out there.

Edit: im really trying not to sound like a dick, but, i know alot of people who are really not happy with the whole falloutiziation of the server, im not one of those people, but i do miss the unique feel postnuke had before the whole fallout update. I mean, i like how the server is now, but the update kinda got rid of that unique feel.

Whitewood

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:36 pm

I think yall need to take a god damn chill pill before your head explodes. Bizzclaw is working on a new gamemode, with a questionable Lore and loose location, theres not much more than that.
Even if he was making a gamemode kinda based off Fallout, he already said its going to happen elsewhere than the fallout games.

Again, CHILL!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:48 pm

Just saying, have you seen the server? Literally everything is fallout now....literally everything, in exception of a few guns, if he does a story line other than fallout, he is still probably gonna shove a whole lot of fallout content in there.

Daniel Reid
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:02 am

I agree with Crucible/ Spartan574. Losing everything is very upsetting, and I don't think Postnuke is that far gone. Just seems like some random crashing... however it only seems to happen when there's more than 1 or two people, and when it's before 1AM Central time. At 1 AM Central things completely go back to normal and I've noticed it.. I feel like the obsession with this new game mode is causing excuses to be made. I know only one person is working on this, but I really feel like Postnuke can at least be jury-rigged to work properly. Such as finding out why dropping things in bulk/ dropping tools causes crashes. That's the only thing that crashes after my EXTENSIVE time playing it while broken. Sometimes (rarely) crafting crashes as well.

I don't want to lose my items, my characters, nor the Post Nuke story.

Not to mention even though the server is only slightly populated, more people would play if the administrators would get on for more than 5 minutes. RDM is handled by the players and then reported, but other than that some other abuse happens that we don't see nor get evidence of to make a report, but a monitoring admin could, which genuinely adds to frustration to those of us who want to keep our PNRP lives.

Donator

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:59 am

I simply have to trust Bizz when he says PostNuke is in-salvageable, and I certainly understand his indisposition to reimbursing players on the new game mode. If you are ever going to start fresh, this is the perfect excuse. Ultimately I am excited to see what comes of it. I don't see claiming to hate the gentrification of fallout lore to be a valid complaint when no-one respects the rule where your "group" cant be named after something already existing, eastern chapter, ghouls united. If I wasn't already in the trade caravan, I would Just name my group after NE\/EC and give them all famases. I am extremely excited at the prospect of multiple maps running at the same time. I can wait patiently.

CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:02 am

Now whats wrong with The Eastern Chapter? Maybe this change is good so people finally stop complaining about our group "ruining" the rp. Im sorry I love fallout, grew up loving fallout im sure alot of us did so IMO if Bizz wants to use fallout lore than im more than onboard. Whats exactly wrong with fallout anyways? is it too "cliche"? "unoriginal"? Like really guys whats the definition of origin? I think fallout is great for rp and if youre too tired to play the games then theres this nice wikia page out there that takes about a couple minutes to read... The Eastern Chapter has been around before that rule, about a year ago, before it was even written we were actually just the "Brotherhood of Steel" but the staff out of respect for how long weve played let us keep a similar name, and I think that was a noble thing to do on their part. I could personally care less what your group name is as long as you are having fun rping it. I mean this IS an rp gamemode. So rp the way you want and ill rp how I want in the end we all have fun mashing our stories together trying to adapt to each others lore which if you have an imagination is a fun challenge. Take this with a grain of salt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:35 am

Im still holding my stance on this, i have been able to use tools on frostburnt and i actually didnt crash when i accidentally dropped something in bulk, the server is not as messed up as you people make it to be, why dont you guys hop on and find out for yourselves instead of just shouting out false information.

Oh and, who cares who you role play as? Does it really matter that much for people to complain ao heavily about?

mathew95597

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:48 am

Not mad about losing things and I will keep Postnuke lore around with my person. I would do RP like this way:

"I decided enough that there is something else going on in this world and wanted to find more things, I venture off to what seems like another world with strange new things but kinda looks like our own world with the help of a person named James and his faction (all admins and moderators) building what seems like a weird traveling device. They said it will bring anyone to this new world and of course I wanted to go! I go though it, but has I get there someone knocks me out. I found out later that he stole everything that I had on and leaves me in the dust. All I know is I wake up and find all my stuff is gone and now I have nothing but my wits to help me out here in this wasteland."

(something along these lines or make it up as to why your stuff is gone when others play from fallout universe. I would find this fun mixing the Postnuke and Fallout!)

I love playing Postnuke server but guys it is time to say though this update just made it less fun now because of crashing and lots of bugs still out there (maybe not alot but I was able to stay on for 30 mins one day on Postnuke server till Flaming shot a combine and it crashed). I will try my best to keep postnuke lore in this new gamemode if some want to RP that with me, We are a RP server so RP on guys!

Last edited by mathew95597 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whitewood

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:08 am

Spartan574 wrote:
Im still holding my stance on this, i have been able to use tools on frostburnt and i actually didnt crash when i accidentally dropped something in bulk, the server is not as messed up as you people make it to be, why dont you guys hop on and find out for yourselves instead of just shouting out false information.

Oh and, who cares who you role play as? Does it really matter that much for people to complain ao heavily about?

This comes down from James and the other admins themselves, not the players, not sure what you're believing but theres obviously a reason that Postnuke isnt being worked on to fix it, or even if its able to be fixed. But regardless, you have your stance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:22 pm

Daniel Reid wrote:
I agree with Crucible/ Spartan574.  Losing everything is very upsetting, and I don't think Postnuke is that far gone.  Just seems like some random crashing... however it only seems to happen when there's more than 1 or two people, and when it's before 1AM Central time.  At 1 AM Central things completely go back to normal and I've noticed it.. I feel like the obsession with this new game mode is causing excuses to be made.  I know only one person is working on this, but I really feel like Postnuke can at least be jury-rigged to work properly.  Such as finding out why dropping things in bulk/ dropping tools causes crashes.  That's the only thing that crashes after my EXTENSIVE time playing it while broken.  Sometimes (rarely) crafting crashes as well.  

I don't want to lose my items, my characters, nor the Post Nuke story.  

Not to mention even though the server is only slightly populated, more people would play if the administrators would get on for more than 5 minutes.  RDM is handled by the players and then reported, but other than that some other abuse happens that we don't see nor get evidence of to make a report, but a monitoring admin could, which genuinely adds to frustration to those of us who want to keep our PNRP lives.

I agree with you on the fact that excuses are being made. The server is playable, and I dont understand how people think its unplayable. From the amount of glitches i have seen, i think that it is definitely fixable.

Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:30 pm

Well, we aren't going to fix it. It's dated and flawed at a code level. Conflicting code leaves little elbow room for improvement, and fortunately we're going out of our way to make a new gamemode base from the ground up. I honestly think this is a nostalgia tie in terms of loss. No one want's to lose their character, but they fail to realize they won't be. If you honestly wanted to you could "port" your character to Postnuke 2. It would be kind of like the generic sequel to a video game. Dead Space is a decent example of this, in the first game the military suit was a trophy and completionist reward for beating the game, as in a Dead Space 2 it was obsolete and you needed to find more advanced armor and suit upgrades. Your character in Postnuke can easily fit into the new universe by having to start over and adapt. Frankly, if you can't handle losing a character and having to start over we might have a larger issue on a life premise. It's a simple concept of reward, most of our major factions aren't used to losing things because they're too powerful, there's no sense of reward because they already have everything. I honestly think Postnuke 2 is going to be a good refresher for the people mature enough to take on a different perspective.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel Reid
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:57 pm

That's the honesty I was looking for. "Not going to fix it" is far different than the "can't fix it" I've been hearing and reading here.

Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:25 pm

It also can't be fixed which is why we aren't going to bother trying to find a cure or 'quick-fix' for it, it's like trying to find bigfoot, a western mythological trope that probably doesn't exist, which many people have expended large amounts of man power and effort to attempt to find. We're taking the wise and efficient route by making Postnuke 2 instead of trying to revive the old and outdated.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:27 pm

Yeeeep. Some honesty goes a far way

Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:28 pm

So basically, instead of looking for Bigfoot, we're making one.

Also, Spartan, was that sarcasm?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sif Green
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:30 pm

Basically it can't and won't be fixed. And the reason that people aren't on the server is because the more people on, the more likely it is to crash more often. Sure, you can encourage people to keep coming back but it will just crash more.

Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Official Statement of affairs.   Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:32 pm

Quote :
This comes down from James and the other admins themselves, not the players, not sure what you're believing but theres obviously a reason that Postnuke isnt being worked on to fix it, or even if its able to be fixed. But regardless, you have your stance.

You are entirely mistaken, your argument makes little to no sense. Companies like EA have the ability to ignore their consumer base because they have enough funding and support to tank a hit in sales from competent and intellectual consumers not buying their product do to dissatisfaction. Frostburnt on the other hand cannot and will never ignore it's consumer base, albeit if the argument on the consumer side is blatant and unsupported we will indeed ignore it. In this case, we are ignoring the arguments at hand because of the one sided choice of the community failing to see that the original Postnuke needs to be, and can be, done away with to make room for a better stronger and more structurally sound gamemode.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Official Statement of affairs.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next