Great news

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Great news   Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:26 pm

Server Crashing Fixed!

So the reason the server's been crashing is because a function that is used very often in PostnukeRP's runtime was updated, and now whenever it runs it has a small chance to crash the server. This is why the server has been crashing so often and apparently it's not just an issue with PostnukeRP like I originally thought.
Since the issue has been found, a user on facepunch named syl0r has released a temporary fix that replaces this function with a custom made one, and Team Garry is currently working to fix the default function. This might cause a few unforeseen issues, but the server hasn't crashed in over four hours while we've had over 10 players on after it's been added. Feel free to join and try it out!

I'm sorry I thought he gamemode was unfixable, but considering it might actually work again I'll be able to continue making fixes to the gamemode as opposed to completely forgetting about it while working on the new gamemode. Still, the new gamemode takes top priority. Just keep in mind that it won't be coming out for a very long time (5-10 months) so don't worry about losing your current characters just yet. Just keep on enjoying the gamemode for now, but keep an eye out for my psots as I'll be continually discussing the new gamemode. Thanks for your patience on this issue!

Last edited by Bizzclaw on Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Sif Green
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Great news   Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:31 pm

I don't know if I should post these in the thread for bugs or this since the server isn't crashing now. But bugs that may have been caused by the fix are:

-Sentry robots attacking anything that is in danger, like 2 different people attacking eachother who have nothing to do with the robot.

-Facial hair moving around as you walk on someone's model (Or maybe that was just one specific hair style/model)

-The Sentry robot raises the arm that does nothing, while the other arm stays down and shoots instead.

PostSubject: Re: Great news   Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:57 pm

I'll be on the sever once I finished the Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat. Oh wait I actually finished Fallout 3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James King

PostSubject: Re: Great news   Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:09 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
Server Crashing Fixed!

So the reason the server's been crashing is because a function that is used very often in PostnukeRP's runtime was updated, and now whenever it runs it has a small chance to crash the server. This is why the server has been crashing so often and apparently it's not just an issue with PostnukeRP like I originally thought.
Since the issue has been found, a user on facepunch named syl0r has released a temporary fix that replaces this function with a custom made one, and Team Garry is currently working to fix the default function. This might cause a few unforeseen issues, but the server hasn't crashed in over four hours while we've had over 10 players on after it's been added. Feel free to join and try it out!

I'm sorry I thought he gamemode was unfixable, but considering it might actually work again I'll be able to continue making fixes to the gamemode as opposed to completely forgetting about it while working on the new gamemode. Still, the new gamemode takes top priority. Just keep in mind that it won't be coming out for a very long time (5-10 months) so don't worry about losing your current characters just yet. Just keep on enjoying the gamemode for now, but keep an eye out for my psots as I'll be continually discussing the new gamemode. Thanks for your patience on this issue!

Whenever I try to join it says bad password and doesn't let me join, what is up with that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sif Green
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Great news   Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:10 pm

...It means that you can't join the server because you don't have the required password to join, meaning Bizzclaw locked the server to fix it again.

PostSubject: Re: Great news   Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:18 pm

Oh well it never let me enter a password and I saw people in the server, and bizzclaw said "Feel free to join and try it out!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Great news   Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:51 pm

Server was under maintenance for a bit, but it's done for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

Great news
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1