HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Suggestion] Radiation system and Traits

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: [Suggestion] Radiation system and Traits    Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:49 am

WALL OF TEXT INCOMING
Okay, I've been getting on the server lately, and the radiation system seems to be a bit... Weak. Allow me to suggest some things to be changed. Keep in mind this will change how some foods work. Also includes suggestions for traits when they come out. Feedback would be appreciated.

250-1500 msv: long term effects are negligible, and symptoms are basically unnoticeable. However, at about 750 msv, you will lose health slowly and will be slowed down slightly.

1500-3000 msv: effects are noticeable immediately, victim is being drained of health a bit quicker than before and is slower with his stamina regenerating slower. Treatment is recommended at this point.

3000-4500 msv: Victim is quickly being drained of health, is even slower, has very slow stamina regeneration. A full recovery is feasible with extensive use of anti radiation drugs.

4500-6000 msv: All symptoms mentioned above are increased ten fold (not literally), and your nervous system is permanently damaged unless you use special drugs to treat it. Death is highly probable.

6000 and above: Immediate death.

With this being said, anti radiation drugs will also be changed accordingly. They will take away 3750 msv of radiation, but on the other hand will make you more hungry by 35 points. You will not be cured of radiation at once, it will take 11 seconds for the drugs to finish up what they do.

Beans should also be found as clean food by default, but they will be much more rare and will give a bit more hunger than they do currently. 20ish hunger?
In order to gain a reliable source of food, you need to hunt (or farm), but food obtained from animals will be a bit more "extreme", so to speak. Raw food on average, will give you 1500 msv of radiation. This varies from mutant to mutant, but generally the harder it is to kill, the more radiation and hunger it'll give you. For example, a dog's meat raw, will give you 600 msv and 8 hunger. The simplest stove should make it about 500 msv and 15 hunger. Industrial stove makes it about 250 msv and 30 hunger.

As a side note, clean water should take away SOME radiation. Not a lot, about 215 total msv. Dirty water gives you 400 msv.

Now for the traits! Yay!
Some simple starting off traits. For the starting perks you can choose only one, every two levels you can change it if you want to.

Starting perks

Survivor's Instinct
Now that you've been out in the wasteland for quite a bit, you know how important it is to get out of the way of dangerous things, bullets being one of them. +15% stamina.

Sneaky Beeky
A good survivor is often a stealthy one and you're one of them! You know how to move around without making too much noise. -50% sounds generated by moving around.

Haste
After barely getting out of some bad situations, you're now faster at doing anything! All interaction (whether it be crafting or keypad cracking) is 25% faster.

Combat traits

Combat traits will give you traits attributed to combat. This can allow players to fit their traits to whatever their playstyle may be, whether it be reconnaissance or being better at a stand up fight. One trait per level. You can change any of them once you level up.

1st Level

Quick Reload
Practicing reloading can let you reload faster than other people out there. +25% faster reload speed.

Tight Grip
After learning how to keep a good grip on your weapon in fully automatic, you've become better at keeping on target. -20% overall spread increase in fully automatic.

Walking Fire
Practicing techniques you learned from old handbooks and other survivors, you've learned how to hipfire better than most other people out there. +30% accuracy when firing from the hip.

2nd Level

Dead-Eye
Months of training your eye to look out for key features comes in handy. You can now identify individuals without the help of optics or concentrating. You don't need to aim down your sights to see a person from afar and the distance of which you can identify someone is increased slightly.

Iron Fist
You know where to hit enemy vehicles and robots to hurt 'em the most. +30% damage to vehicles and robots.

Grenadier
Learning how to properly modify your explosives is necessary. +15% more damage with all explosives.

3rd Level

Inconspicuous
Enemies need to be much closer in order to identify who you are (players with dead-eye bypass this perk by a little). Robots will also need to get closer to fire at you.

Sprinter
After being caught in the open a couple of times, you know how important it is to get running fast. +15% acceleration and +5% top speed.

Marathon Runner
Having to move from place to place doesn't require pure speed, it also requires stamina. +20% stamina and +15% stamina regeneration.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Radiation system and Traits    Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:54 am

Why should I change from the easy to understand and reliable rads to Msv?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/ Online
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Radiation system and Traits    Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:47 am

Don't need to if you don't want to. For me, I've gotten used to both. They're both pretty similar (I think?). However I've gotten used to seeing Sieverts a bit more than rads because of MISERY. So it might induce a bit of bias, but I dunno.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sif Green
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Radiation system and Traits    Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:25 am

In MISERY anything above 750 is already killing you so anything above doesn't really matter cause you just die faster basically lol. If I hit 750 I already get mad cause it's so annoying in MISERY.

Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Radiation system and Traits    Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:13 am

Use the REM measuring system.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Suggestion] Radiation system and Traits
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1