HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Suggestion] Tobacco plants and the cigarette animation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Comrade Yakov

PostSubject: [Suggestion] Tobacco plants and the cigarette animation   Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:31 am

Alright, so I was looking waay deep in the forums and saw Tanuki's suggestion to put tobacco plants in the game,
and lately, a few forumers were begging for cigarettes and animations (Jeff) since Bizzclaw already put fallout animations in PNRP.
So when resurgence comes out and we're well passed the point of "Must-haves" in terms of items and development, maybe players
with cultivating proficiency could use their tobacco plants to draw in costomers, or make their faction look cool.

I know its a early for suggestions, but I saw Tanuki's old suggestion, and everyone's begging for cigs and saw my chance.

EDIT: NOW EVERYONE CAN BE TUNNEL SNAKES

Last edited by SpRaY_N_PrAy on Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Tobacco plants and the cigarette animation   Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:01 pm

Doesn't sound like a bad idea. I'm currently trying to figure out how to get animations into the models, so I'll see if I can get the smoking ones in as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
CaptnSmurf

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Tobacco plants and the cigarette animation   Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:08 pm

*cough* marijuana *cough*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel Reid
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Tobacco plants and the cigarette animation   Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:34 pm

Liquor should give temporary Stat increases. Orange whiskey giving +1 strength, -1 weapon handling and melon whiskey giving +2 strength -2 weapon handling. Or something like that. Also drinking animation.

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Tobacco plants and the cigarette animation   Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:03 pm

Smoking should decrease everything but only for a short amount of time.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sif Green
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Tobacco plants and the cigarette animation   Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:58 pm

Weed should be illegal in the wasteland cause its bad for you :p

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Tobacco plants and the cigarette animation   Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:29 pm

CaptnSmurf wrote:
*cough* marijuana *cough*
Yep, that's pretty much why you're coughing.

DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Tobacco plants and the cigarette animation   Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:43 pm

*Buys 800 Cigarettes.*

Coront
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Tobacco plants and the cigarette animation   Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:01 am

Smoking should temporarily give you +2 Weapon handling (Since it apparently calms your nerves), but while the effect lasts, your health slowly degrades (maybe about 2 hp every 10 seconds?).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zontar

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Tobacco plants and the cigarette animation   Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:01 am

I think more about something like you will get debuffs if you cant afford your smoke lifestyle any longer

Patrick Schindler, aye
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Tobacco plants and the cigarette animation   Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:45 am

Coront wrote:
Smoking should temporarily give you +2 Weapon handling (Since it apparently calms your nerves), but while the effect lasts, your health slowly degrades  (maybe about 2 hp every 10 seconds?).

How about -1 or -2 athletics instead, since it's probably harder to run with smoke filling your lungs? But making it so that smoking could kill you over the course of a few minutes is a bit extreme.

Coront
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Tobacco plants and the cigarette animation   Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:30 pm

Well, obviously the smoking killing you part would be a bit extreme, so maybe it'd not damage you if you're below 75% of your hp. So, you can't b go below 75 hp on regular classes, can't go below 113 hp on waster, and scavenger would be 56
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Tobacco plants and the cigarette animation   Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:45 pm

I'd personally still prefer athletics, simply because smoking doesn't make bullets hurt more, and I would be using those a LOT for RP reasons.

Comrade Yakov

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Tobacco plants and the cigarette animation   Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:39 am

I like the -1 athletics and +1 weapon handling

Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Tobacco plants and the cigarette animation   Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:02 am

Health risks from smoking are more of a product of long term use, and seeing as how this is a game, I'd prefer to focus on the immediate effects. On that note, making your athletics suffer in favor of weapon handling as oppose to hurting you makes more sense.

EDIT:

I know this is a bit of a necro, but I've finally figured out how to get custom animations loaded into the models.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Coront
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Tobacco plants and the cigarette animation   Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:44 pm

It's only necro if it's for an un-important reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Tobacco plants and the cigarette animation   Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:16 pm

MFW the community and server owner is afraid of necroing. You're adorable.

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Tobacco plants and the cigarette animation   Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:16 pm

Remember, every time you complain about necro, you only keep the thread at the top longer.

[Suggestion] Tobacco plants and the cigarette animation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1