HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Suggestion] Buff Sonic Miners

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Comrade Yakov

PostSubject: [Suggestion] Buff Sonic Miners   Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:18 am

Alright, so back before Forn Hjorr was demolished, I suggested to my scavengers, "Let's get a supersonic miner or two and share around the resources with the rest of the clan."
Asking people around the server about miners, we received many different judgements of the miners, but the gist of everything we've heard about them was: "The miners are not good, and they're definitely not worth it."
I've also heard: "They're good when you get tons of them, but you're better off keeping the resources."
"The miner skill is broken. Don't get one."
One individual even went behind my back and told many others I was retarded for suggesting miners. I've only ever played cultivator, how should I have known? No, why are miners so weak that I'm being called retarded for suggesting we make one?
That's why I suggest miners/the mining skill gets a buff.
I'd also appreciate some accurate statistics with the rate of mining per level, scrap-to-parts ratio, if anyone has the time.

Last edited by SpRaY_N_PrAy on Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sif Green
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Buff Sonic Miners   Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:55 pm

It's not that it needs a buff it's just that it's broken altogether. More important problems may be being worked on first but I'm just guessing.

*Edit: So its actually not broken, the skill that you upgrade just reduces the amount of time for it to make the resources, but it doesn't change the amount you get each time. So asking for a buff is correct, sorry. I do support the need for a buff on the sonic miner now however, because besides the suggestions i've heard from fellow players, i've had a first-hand experience with the miner. It would take an insanely long amount of time to make back all the resources you made considering it only makes 1 of whatever resources it mines out of the ground each time. Maybe the skill could buff the actual amount it mines as well, or just make the resources that come out more consistent. Not to mention the risk of being raided if you use it inside you're base, which makes it more not worth it. If you make the miner un-raidable by making it public, then you simply won't get even as much resources as you normally would too.

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Buff Sonic Miners   Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:59 am

Sorry to *Bump* this topic, but some closure would be nice.
Are the miners going to be changed in any way, or is it just not worth it changing?

James King

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Buff Sonic Miners   Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:22 pm

Now that nuclear cores are more common you Would think people would start using miners, but instead people are just selling them dirt cheap. If miners were buffed or made cheaper we could actually use the abundance of cores we have. +1, and on the statistics I think on TBU super miners did like 1 resource per 30 seconds and normal miners did like 1 per minute

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Buff Sonic Miners   Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:56 pm

Yeah I'm pretty sure the times for resources pooping out is the same on frostburnt. If you have six supers it's fine if you're willing to run it for long amounts of time. And by long, I mean sitting in a base for hours on end. It'll eventually make up for it.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Buff Sonic Miners   Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:49 pm

Even if the rate of drops are the same, the ampund of resources it takes to scratch out a life here is certainly higher than on other servers, while powerful factions do not have to worry so much about resources, weaker players do.

StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Buff Sonic Miners   Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:24 pm

Spartan574 wrote:
Even if the rate of drops are the same, the ampund of resources it takes to scratch out a life here is certainly higher than on other servers, while powerful factions do not have to worry so much about resources, weaker players do.

The gamemode emphasizes cooperation, i believe james wanted to have a post apacolyptic setting where you would have to struggle together to survive, (thats why most "weaker players" are struggling more) ( and also the fact that small factions starting out are not very smart, thinking they have big cahoonies and going around threatening and fighting with older factions who come down with a alliance of the elder gods and completely kill off the small factions in a 12 V 1 faction war.)

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Buff Sonic Miners   Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:03 pm

The miners resource production is based on it's resource update timer. This timer is slightly reduced based on a player skill. It's rpetty simple, for a default miner, the time is 60 seconds and for every level of the owners mining skill, four seconds is subtracted. This means that at a mining level of 5, the time it would take for resources to update is 40 seconds.

The equation Looks like this
Time = 60 - (skill * 4)
For super miners, everything is cut in hap
Time = 30 - (skill * 2)

Also, there is a 1/4 change (25%) that every miner update, the miner will yield small parts instead of scrap.
So, based on this information, it would take 19.5 hours to make up the scrap it costs to build a super sonic miner, and another 29.1 to make up the small parts cost. This means that assuming you played an average of 4 hours a day on the server, it would take you 19.6 days to make up the resource costs of building the super miner initially (roughly)

Yeah... Looking at these rates, it does seem like they could use a bit of a boost. What do you guys think? How long should it take you to make up the costs of a miner realistically?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Sif Green
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Buff Sonic Miners   Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:12 pm

Considering that most players have less time on their hands like me (For example college and work), a realistic time would be the same amount of time it takes the same value of grubs to make back the resources(For example however many grubs is equal to 1 miner). Given how miners are raidable if you don't make them public, the time to make the resources back could be lessened even more. Grubs already make a fair amount of chemicals back, so why shouldn't miners be able to make small parts and scrap back as much?

Last edited by Sif Green on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James King

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Buff Sonic Miners   Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:59 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
The miners resource production is based on it's resource update timer. This timer is slightly reduced based on a player skill. It's rpetty simple, for a default miner, the time is 60 seconds and for every level of the owners mining skill, four seconds is subtracted. This means that at a mining level of 5, the time it would take for resources to update is 40 seconds.

The equation Looks like this
Time = 60 - (skill * 4)
For super miners, everything is cut in hap
Time = 30 - (skill * 2)

Also, there is a 1/4 change (25%) that every miner update, the miner will yield small parts instead of scrap.
So, based on this information, it would take 19.5 hours to make up the scrap it costs to build a super sonic miner, and another 29.1 to make up the small parts cost. This means that assuming you played an average of 4 hours a day on the server, it would take you 19.6 days to make up the resource costs of building the super miner initially (roughly)

Yeah... Looking at these rates, it does seem like they could use a bit of a boost. What do you guys think? How long should it take you to make up the costs of a miner realistically?

Sif does bring up a good point it only takes 350 minutes (around 6 hours) to get your resources back from the cost of the grub and to start making money. I couldnt quote both of you but I do agree with 10-20 hours of gametime.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comrade Yakov

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Buff Sonic Miners   Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:12 am

Bizzclaw wrote:

Personally, I'd say anywhere from 8.5 to 13 days for full reimbursement, assuming the player uses them 4 hours a day.

[Suggestion] Buff Sonic Miners
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1