HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent

Share | 

PSA: Gray Models (AKA Gray Freeman)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Coront
Ban

PostSubject: PSA: Gray Models (AKA Gray Freeman)   Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:08 pm

Hello everyone! Coront here bringing you all a public server announcement! Today I'll be telling you all about Gray Models!

This is a gray model:

Now, you will probably see these in spawn every so often just sitting there. These are the entities of players that are joining the server. If you kill these, the person who that entity belongs to will crash, thus preventing them from joining the server.

If you are caught killing these entities, you will be warned. If you continue, you will be punished accordingly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jim Warren

PostSubject: Re: PSA: Gray Models (AKA Gray Freeman)   Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:39 pm

My entity gets killed sometimes, i don't crash though.. Odd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chess
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: PSA: Gray Models (AKA Gray Freeman)   Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:15 pm

They also commit suicide decently too.

Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: PSA: Gray Models (AKA Gray Freeman)   Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:37 am

There's no hard evidence of people crashing when being killed as a gray player, but still you shouldn't be killing anyone for no reason. Most of the time, you can't kill them because in spawn damage is disabled, but on other maps, like this one it might be possible.

Also, if anyone is wondering why these now show up, it's because of the last gmod update. After the gmod update, people who where loading in generally head every sound on the map at once. This caused great headache. The reason this happened was due to the unloaded character being in "spectator" mode, keeping them from being in the game. I had to however disable this after the update in order to keep players from hearing these noises, so now the players are existent in the world. What you see is the result of that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Wilson Grayes

PostSubject: Re: PSA: Gray Models (AKA Gray Freeman)   Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:15 am

I had wondered what would happen if a player's 'Grey' self was killed, prior to Character selection. Good to know, or at least have an idea of it.

Several times I'd seen other players intentionally killing them repeatedly on maps such as CS_Desert, or Garbage, for no reason whatsoever aside from "Just 'cause" 's sake. Knowing now that there is a large chance that it has a negative result and is frowned upon (much to my satisfaction.), I'll not stand idly by if and when it happens again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PSA: Gray Models (AKA Gray Freeman)   

Back to top Go down

PSA: Gray Models (AKA Gray Freeman)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Fallout Decay General Discussion-
Jump to: