Share | 

Map suggestion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sif Green
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Map suggestion   Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:06 pm

A map that i'd like to try out is Gm_Aftermath, which I had sent a message to Bizzclaw about a while ago but i'm not even sure if he saw it. Anyway, i've tried the map out in singleplayer and the only problem I saw would some buildings having to be crouched inside of due to the bigger models in Postnuke. Some notable things in it is a relatively big map size, a spawn-point separate from the map, and a working train which you activate which can also only be heard within a short distance of being near it. The other things in it are a bit of buildings throughout the map and a fallout-look to it all, hence the name "Aftermath". The steam link i'll provide for it only includes one picture but I could take some myself is it's really needed. The funny thing is I actually just found a comment from Bizzclaw on the map's steam page from 2014, but i've never seen it in Postnuke which is why i'm suggesting it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=118213637&searchtext=aftermath

*Edit: Well apparently it has been used before but isn't anymore due to players not liking the lack of buildings, yet CSC_desert has even less locations, i'll leave it up to someone to put it into the server or not.

Last edited by Sif Green on Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comrade Yakov

PostSubject: Re: Map suggestion   Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:19 pm

Yeah I remember aftermath, glad to know why I haven't seen it in forever.
As for buildings, a big part of it is people's laziness or inability to build their own (Gm_fork is still horrible, though).
I +1 the possibility of bringing back this map, even for a trial of sorts.

StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Map suggestion   Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:15 pm

I believe that players did not like the setup of the buildings, (A shopping center on the corner of the map behind a hill with no road leading to it)< Its a good example, there were also a large garage building that served no function at all besides a cool looking cube with a button to ope and close a blast door.

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sif Green
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Map suggestion   Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:06 pm

I would think that it's hardly a problem that some buildings may not make sense to some people. The map has some nice features as are listed along with its size.

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Map suggestion   Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:15 pm

I'm actually working with the maker of this map, Nanospork, on testing and providing ideas for a newer version of that map. It has a lot more buildings and in general is a lot cooler, but it's progress has been slow for the last few weeks. I'll get in touch with him and see how it's going, but yeah soon we'll be using the updated version of that map.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Sif Green
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Map suggestion   Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:17 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
I'm actually working with the maker of this map, Nanospork, on testing and providing ideas for a newer version of that map. It has a lot more buildings and in general is a lot cooler, but it's progress has been slow for the last few weeks. I'll get in touch with him and see how it's going, but yeah soon we'll be using the updated version of that map.
Could we use the other version thats out now or does it not have a good reputation?

Map suggestion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1