PostSubject: Pac Appeal   Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:47 am

Attempted to Replicate:
Click Here

Couldn't due to Fallout > Garry's Mod Player Models
Ended up Reskinning NCR Ranger Armor
Added White eyes, Light gray tone
See here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=428149850
Specter made this for our RP community that reflected off Pre-Ncr Rangers, "Ghosts"
searching for forgiveness.

We roleplayed in these PAC's for about 5-6hours before one staff member said it was "Invalid and needed to be removed" and I couldn't get confirmation from Bizz because he was too busy.
We have a community with 3 Members including myself, Blade and Specter (Roleplay)

We tried to replicate an Outfit, had to settle with what we could find.
I don't mean to come off rude but nobody else had an issue with it when we walked around or when I confronted Daxton or Korbin.

I even asked a staff member before Specter made it for us!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/AdalsteinnLeif/screenshot/544150006535866329

I don't know if this "Appeal" thing is Valid but seriously?
Again, I don't mean to be disrespectful.

Last edited by JohnWoodlock on Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheBlade

PostSubject: Re: Pac Appeal   Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:05 am

I believe that this PAC should be allowed, and I understand that there is a reason as to why staff believe it shouldn't be, because there is a rule that states it. But this PAC has brought up a ton of RP and it's only been around for about 8 hours, during that time we managed to go on some "expeditions" with fellow server members, in IC situations with real RP.Now I know you could argue that any against the rules PAC could be justified by "rp", but we have a whole build up on lore and characters that will develop as time goes on, and it would be a shame to waste it. I don't mean to say any of this in a rude/demeaning manner, but I would like for this PAC to be allowed within the server.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Pac Appeal   Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:50 am

That particular armor model is prohibited because it was a very rare reward for an event, and this server has a rule about using PACs to display yourself as being more heavily armored/armed than you really are. example: using PAC to appear you have power armor when you are wearing nothing at all) The owner of the server has decided that due to the rarity of this armor, it is prohibited to wear it if you don't own it. It doesn't matter that you made edits to it.

As far as confirming with Bizz, you shouldn't have. On this server, if an administrator gives you a command, you need to obey. Especially if you can see the rules listed in the MOTD, the MOTD you agrred to obey when you joined the server. By not removing the offending PAC, you defied an administrator.

In regards to Collin Memphis's saying it is fine, I am not able to verify whether he is an admin or not, but if he is, I am sorry for his mistake. He was incorrect for saying you could use the ranger armor.

Finally, you really shouldn't use that sort of language in any form of appeal, just saying you are not trying to be rude is not a valid exchange for actually not behaving rudely. If you have the time to type a message, you have the time to show respect.

What is your name in game again?

PostSubject: Re: Pac Appeal   Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:05 pm

Actually, I'll make this easier for myself.
Whoever see's this can lock the thread.
We will just Reskin another Model.
Sorry for the fuss.

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Pac Appeal   Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:03 pm

Collin was incorrect indeed, I'll have a talk with him about that.
Please don't PAC yourself as wearing armors you don't have. If you want to look cool using the armors in the gamemode, you need to earn it. Sorry.
Locking this thread upon request.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Coront
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Pac Appeal   Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:56 pm

With permission from Bizzclaw, I have unlocked this thread to explain myself.

Yesterday, I was approached by Chef Jasper AKA JohnWoodlock, and was asked if he could use the Ranger armor for a PAC, I initially said no, but he then explained that he needed it for the coat so he could make it look like the following (It was from a nexus mod which can be found here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/2654/?) :

I can even quote him as saying the following: "In the end, you won't be able to see the ncr ranger". I was NOT told that it would be simply a gray re-texture.

Exavolt wrote:
I am sorry for his mistake. He was incorrect for saying you could use the ranger armor.

Exavolt, please do not try to take responsibility for something you don't have the right to, and get all sides of the story before coming to a conclusion next time, I don't exactly appreciate being accused of things.

I am Collin Melphis, by the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Pac Appeal   Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:19 pm

I didn't intend for my message to sound like I was accusing you of incompetence, I was under the impression that OP had given us the full story, which you have made apparent they had not. I am sorry Coront.

Ban

PostSubject: Re: Pac Appeal   Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:54 pm

[Accepted]

Not the pac, just the apology
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Pac Appeal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1