Share | 

PostnukeRP Server IP move

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: PostnukeRP Server IP move   Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:46 pm

EDIT: The Server has now moved and issues caused by said move have been corrected and the server is now in a stable and playable state. Enjoy!

New Server IP Address:
192.99.9.71:27015

As some of you may or may not have noticed, The NFO PostnukeRP server has been experiencing some boot issues lately meaning that often it has crashed and taken a very long time to recover, sometimes it even takes our manual intervention to repair it, which generally involves just flicking the switch on and off, playing with some nobs and kicking it until it goes back up. This is not an optimal situation for us, and while we are not sure whether the fault for these issues is NFO, Garrysmod's or our own is yet to be determined. One thing's for certain though, having more control would certainly be nice.

Currently, as some have noticed, there is a Dev Server we use running PostnukeRP that has 40 slots. This server is being run off of a dedicated physical server, and we have full control over every aspect of it. In order to manage it, we actually connect to a windows computer remotely and manage a server on it. This means we have as much control over the server as we need, and we can also boot up as many servers as we need. It's a much better situation for us, and it's not that much more expensive than our current situation. It's really a win-win.

The server will be moving within the next week as we ensure everything is prepared, in the mean time I'll be unlocking it for testing. It's currently running a clean server database, but it will be updated with the one on the live server when we move. It's being unlocked, so feel free to join it, add it to your favorites or stress test it if you want.

Last edited by Bizzclaw on Wed May 20, 2015 2:18 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
xxSiMcHyxx

PostSubject: Re: PostnukeRP Server IP move   Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:29 am

wup wup flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: PostnukeRP Server IP move   Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:49 am

I think I fixed the crashing issue as after I made a small edit to a few systems, the server has been up for a couple of hours without crashing. I also fixed the slight second stutter again, my bad.
Back to top Go down
FreeYummy

PostSubject: Re: PostnukeRP Server IP move   Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:55 pm

Can i play on it Lol?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: PostnukeRP Server IP move   Wed May 20, 2015 2:11 pm

I'm making a gamemode that accommodates your style of play yummy, so just be patient.
Back to top Go down

PostnukeRP Server IP move
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1