HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent

Share | 

Looking for the best weapon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
laithqakeesh

PostSubject: Looking for the best weapon   Tue May 05, 2015 3:12 pm

Hello iam looking for opinions on the best weapon against heavily armored players eg assault t51b etc
Just post your opinions below
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Policia
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the best weapon   Tue May 05, 2015 3:40 pm

I hope you are talking about CS: Glow!
In that case the AK-47 duhhh!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warandally
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the best weapon   Tue May 05, 2015 3:43 pm

Laith, I'd certainly recommend the M60 for disposing of heavily armored players, it deals a high level of damage at a high firing rate, just watch the recoil, it's no good at long distance, so make sure your opponent is either isolated or you have a quick and safe escape plan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laithqakeesh

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the best weapon   Tue May 05, 2015 3:49 pm

Warandally wrote:
Laith, I'd certainly recommend the M60 for disposing of heavily armored players, it deals a high level of damage at a high firing rate, just watch the recoil, it's no good at long distance, so make sure your opponent is either isolated or you have a quick and safe escape plan.
What do you mean by isolated Surprised
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warandally
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the best weapon   Tue May 05, 2015 3:53 pm

Alone, not near any faction members or allies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the best weapon   Tue May 05, 2015 5:27 pm

tl;dr assault rifles are good as long as you get 15 rounds on their chest, but M60s/Barretts/Deagles are better against hardsuits if you're good with 'em.
Using lighter armor to maneuver around a hardsuit and swarm it is a good "tactic".

Any assault rifle should do as long as you get AT least fifty percent of all your shots on target. Sako, M4, FAMAS, etc.
Though higher RPM weapons are better if they're used in the right hands but a untrained shooter might just waste most of the magazine.
A Sako can kill in 15 shots to a wastelander wearing hardsuit but this is assuming you only hit the chest.
5.56x45mm ARs take a couple more but they have a higher RPM to make up for that.

For anti hardsuit capabilities, go for what Warandally suggested.
M60s are pretty much effective against any opponent though I wouldn't use 'em against armor that has less than 60% ballistics resistance because that's wasting ammo imo. Barretts or Deagles are fairly effective as well, and like I said before, only good in the hands of someone who can properly use them.

But it's always best to swarm a hardsuit. Though they might be tough to take down, their lack of mobility allows them to be swarmed by superior numbers.
Heck I remember when me, Morph and Vash had no armor and only PP26s killed Anchorman in a juggernaut and a shotgun.

Superior numbers, tactics and pure skill are always better than equipment. Just keep that in mind.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comrade Yakov

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the best weapon   Wed May 06, 2015 8:22 am

Tactical Bacon wrote:
Superior numbers, tactics and pure skill are always better than equipment. Just keep that in mind.

Once again, Bacon surprises me as being the most sensible user on Postnuke.
If I set up a private dedicated server, could you train my men, once I get some?

StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the best weapon   Wed May 06, 2015 11:22 am

SpRaY_N_PrAy wrote:
Tactical Bacon wrote:

If I set up a private dedicated server, could you train my men, once I get some?

Most sensible? I dunno bout that, but he does good pvp, I mean rushing FUBAR and Co. with a jug and m249 wasnt the most smart back in 2014, even though he did kill them both with two player support (Fubar and Co. had full jug and m60's).

Postnuke warfare is mostly tactics and a small amount of competent shooters. If you want the best outta your combat ready men you probably want to tell them to have their shooting at at least 4 (the recoil and accuracy are a lot more managable around 4-5 M60 being almost pinpoint.)

#legiontraining

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comrade Yakov

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the best weapon   Wed May 06, 2015 4:49 pm

StormySunrise wrote:
SpRaY_N_PrAy wrote:
Tactical Bacon wrote:

Most sensible? I dunno bout that, but he does good pvp, I mean rushing FUBAR and Co. with a jug and m249 wasnt the most smart back in 2014, even though he did kill them both with two player support.

I wasn't talking about his tactics, of which I've only heard the bear minimum of, I was talking about his outlook on what is truly more superior - heavy shit, or soldiers' will n' skill.

#Ineedhelptrainingmen

Fade Attano
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the best weapon   Wed May 06, 2015 5:34 pm

M60's,Barret,Sako, and a Ak-47. etc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the best weapon   Wed May 06, 2015 8:06 pm

SpRaY_N_PrAy wrote:

Um... I guess. I mean good luck getting the source code. The closest I've gotten so far was editing FA:S 2's weapons to be like post nuke, got a mod that had ballistic resistance, modified that to be like post nuke, modify the player class thingy and get the source code for TBU Postnuke. Which is like, pure shit. Wish I knew how to fix bugs and stuff.

SpRaY_N_PrAy wrote:
I wasn't talking about his tactics, of which I've only heard the bear minimum of, I was talking about his outlook on what is truly more superior - heavy shit, or soldiers' will n' skill.

#Ineedhelptrainingmen

To be quite honest, you'll want both, equipment and skills. By "heavy shit" I'll assume that you're talking about high quality goodies. Either could be the deciding factor to who wins in a firefight. But skill is arguably, is the most important. I mean, that hardsuit and M60 isn't going to do much good if you have literally no game sense and can't aim very well. And as a general rule of thumb, if you're good at FPS games in general, you're probably good at this one as well.

But generally tactics make a huge difference as well. They're the group's "skill," so to speak. I've pretty much only seen battles where one side sits on this hill and the other side sits on that hill and they start lobbing rounds at each other until the other retreats or dies. Or urban warfare where pretty much everyone stacks into a building and only then a huge offensive/counter offensive can make a difference.

Of course I've done my tidbits of flanking here and there...

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the best weapon   Thu May 07, 2015 12:52 am

Laser RCW

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the best weapon   

Back to top Go down

Looking for the best weapon