[Denied] Tenno Abuse Report

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Circle
2015 Halloween Profile Pic Contest Winner

PostSubject: [Denied] Tenno Abuse Report   Thu May 07, 2015 8:59 pm

Server: PostnukeRP

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:85576444
Your RP Name: Glenn (At the time I was killed, it was Tommaso di Giovanni di Sitorne)

Their SteamID: STEAM_0:1:84681566
Their RP Name: Tenno

Date of incident: 5/7/15 (Thursday, May 7th, 2015)
Time of incident (HH:MM 24hr): Roughly 6:15 PM
Time Zone: PDT

Please explain exactly what happened from start to finish: I was in a community called "The Inter-galactic combine force" and a war had started out between us, the talon company, and then Nova Ukraina began to assist. When I logged back in, because I was relogging so VOKAK could set my new rank, Father had told me that I was at war with Talon Company, which I looked around and I saw that I was. So, I quickly ran to the far train track area that led underground while being shot at, and managed to hide. I hid down there for a long time, maybe 20-25 minutes. During that time, Nova Ukraina started war with us to assist their Allie. I then thought of the idea to sneak around the map to find my comrades. Unfortunately, I found nobody but found out that one of my comrades had deserted, I then ran back down to the metro. VOKAK then logged off. I had the idea to stop wearing my PAC, change my name, and switch my class until the war had died down. So, I did all that with nobody around and life was all dandy and such. I walked into the town where all my former enemies were, but since they could have no way of knowing who I was, I thought everything was fine. Tenno came up and asked me, "Hello Sir, do you know where a man named Glenn is?". I knew he thought that I was Glenn but he had no evidence that I was. I said "No, sorry, I haven't". So then, I kept on walking around and eventually ended up in spawn where I put on Recon armour that I had recently bought earlier that day. I walked back into town, and Tenno came up to me and started talking to me. He said that he knew it was him, he knew that because I guess he looked in some kind of log to find this line of text

Glenn said /rpname Tommaso di Giovanni di Sitorne

I then immediately started telling him about how that is breaking RP to find evidence on who I am. He did not acknowledge that, and continued to say how I only changed my name, not my character. He also said how I (Glenn) never logged out because it is not in chat. So, as I was typing in /looc asking him if he wanted a trial on if this was allowed or not, before I could finish the message, he shot me. I immediately called in admin chat for any staff that was online saying I was rdm'ed by tenno. Johann teleported to me and said how I was a deserter and how it was fair. I told him how he got the evidence was breaking RP, and Johann said it still wasn't rdm. I then was flustered with how it was very unfair, so I couldn't really continue arguing with Johann, so he teleported back. I then logged off, being very frustrated, and made a new character named "Dylan Rob" seeing as how that is what I needed to do to get away from the war, and not just be able to switch my name. I then logged off, realizing I could make ban report, or atleast get this settled. I tried to get some screenshots through console, but script errors were pushing the chat logs out of view, so I could not get any.

Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Tenno Abuse Report   Thu May 07, 2015 9:03 pm

From what you're telling me, this is definitely metagaming. I'll look into it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedCloud

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Tenno Abuse Report   Thu May 07, 2015 9:44 pm

The red flag would still stay next to your name if you left during a war for about a day, even if you changed your name. tenno may have just deduced full well that you were glenn because of the red flag, and looking for a good time to kill ya. and everyone can see you change your name glenn, it shows up in everyone's chatbox.

Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Tenno Abuse Report   Thu May 07, 2015 9:56 pm

Yeah, I gotta say, if you want to avoid a war, deserting and changing your name isn't really a good way to go about it. Even though you changed your name, you were still on the same character, and since in the RP universe you can't see people's name tags, it was reasonable for Tenno to suspect you were the same person. Next time you want to avoid a war, use a different character.

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Circle

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Tenno Abuse Report   Thu May 07, 2015 10:09 pm

RedCloud wrote:
The red flag would still stay next to your name if you left during a war for about a day, even if you changed your name. tenno may have just deduced full well that you were glenn because of the red flag, and looking for a good time to kill ya. and everyone can see you change your name glenn, it shows up in everyone's chatbox.

When someone changes their name, it doesn't show up for me. Also, I asked Morty if there was a red flag beside my name, and he said no.

Chess
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Tenno Abuse Report   Thu May 07, 2015 10:25 pm

RedCloud wrote:
The red flag is true but, only staff can see name changes.

RedCloud

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Tenno Abuse Report   Thu May 07, 2015 10:37 pm

are you sure chess? becase when vokak changed his name to "combine babee" tenno acknowledged that as well

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Tenno Abuse Report   Thu May 07, 2015 10:53 pm

Metafag is meta
Back to top Go down
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Tenno Abuse Report   Thu May 07, 2015 10:56 pm

RedCloud wrote:
are you sure chess? becase when vokak changed his name to "combine babee" tenno acknowledged that as well

That's because Tenno checks periodically to see if people have changed their names. It shouldn't matter though, If Glenn not going to bother changing what his character wears, then him being identified as the same character is understandable.

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Circle

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Tenno Abuse Report   Fri May 08, 2015 12:13 am

Opsan wrote:
RedCloud wrote:

That's because Tenno checks periodically to see if people have changed their names. It shouldn't matter though, If Glenn not going to bother changing what his character wears, then him being identified as the same character is understandable.

Well, as you see in my original post, I say I clear my Pac. For the duration of the time before I stopped wearing it, I was wearing a conglomerate model. To be precise, the Nova prospekt guard with the yellow glowing eyes.

:F|F: Price
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Tenno Abuse Report   Fri May 08, 2015 8:47 am

Who sent the war request first? im assuming it was your group Circle. Considering the fact that if your group started shit then I wouldnt complain about being shot afterall you started it. And a namechange is the same as being a refugee. You were technically the same person. So you should have just logged off or into an actual new character. I dont like players that start stuff and then try to use the rules to avoid fighting a war with the wrong people and getting what is deserved. Now if the other group started everything thats a different story. On the topic about meta the kill was legal as our war system marks players who youre fighting with a red marker. Only your enemies will see the marker. So the kill was completely legal however Tenno MAY have went overboard. He should have honestly just killed you for being marked as an enemy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whitewood

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Tenno Abuse Report   Fri May 08, 2015 10:18 am

I consider this to be a case of hardcore metagaming, and that Tenno should be properly punished for breaking immersion, rp and harassing you, given the information you provided is correct and not false.

You all should keep in mind of the immersion and rp of the gamemode that blizclaw has created for you, as the gamemode is essentially a rp world of large immersion, despite the mechanics and restrictions set forth in this particular engine.

Think of yourself as an individual as you play, like in real-life, you cannot see a HUD, health bar, radiation bar, water and food levels, you cannot see a persons name above their head or faction they belong to. Stating you can see this through chatlogs or the HUD is metagaming, unless you specifically known the information at hand.

EDIT: As for the red flag above peoples names, you also, cannot see that, dont metagame, again, unless you have the knowledge and information that you know someone is such and such. ( There are certain things to be taken into account, my last line was probably not dwelled on with the rest of the post. )

Last edited by Whitewood on Fri May 08, 2015 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fade Attano
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Tenno Abuse Report   Fri May 08, 2015 10:28 am

Well Whitewood it's a game it's not metagaming because if there wasn't names or red flags and your in a war they'll be lots of rdm reports etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: Price
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Tenno Abuse Report   Fri May 08, 2015 10:49 am

The flag is there to ID the enemy as a basic function of the game afterall its a GAME guys. Dont complain about angering a faction to the point where they warred you. Circle why was the war started in the first place?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel Reid
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Tenno Abuse Report   Fri May 08, 2015 10:57 am

Pretty sure it's meta gaming if he didn't see anything himself.  The fact he had a log means he must have asked a staff and a staff member told him.  Did nobody notice that?  Is obvious he asked Johann and Johann told him, then sided with him in the sit.

(Sorry for double post, can't fix, I'm on my phone)

Johann and Tenno have been friends for a long long time last I checked.

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Tenno Abuse Report   Fri May 08, 2015 11:41 am

How the war started (I believe this is what happened as I was in pad trying to figure out combine sounds and wasn't really paying any attention).

I believe it was Mike Simms who was sneaking up behind VOKAK (Oour leader) with a machete out. So, Ryan trying to rp I guess kept telling him to put his weapon away which ended in Ryan and or VOKAK shooting him. Mike then told us how he is going to start a war once Yuri gets on. So then, a sit starts between VOKAK and Ryan, and Mike Simms, and maybe he had friends I am not quite sure, debating about whether that is meta gaming or not. Or it could have been about If it was rdm or not. I do not know. Anyways, when the sit ended, I asked VOKAK if they could go to war with us, and he said no. So, then Yuri gets on and we run over and tell him that Mike Simms/Tenno I forget who VOKAK said, might ask you to go to war with us and that its invalid. So Yuri said "Alright, honestly I do not care. I just want some sleep". I at least think I heard sleep. Anyways, time goes by and Mike and all these guys come up to me about how I should quit my community and how about they like me and they don't want me to be killed. So, I kind of just nod it off since I thought the war wasn't actually gonna happen they were just trying to scare me. Then, a time later, VOKAK tells me to get a new model, the one I had before that was the Civil protection model since I was metro police, and switch to Nova Prospekt guard because I was ranking up. So, I did that and I logged off and logged back in so he could change my rank because that seems to work. I log in, and and now we're back to the main post.

Also, when you first posted about the red flag, I went up to Morty Lenard who is a part of Nova Ukrania about if there is a red flag beside my name. He said no. Sorry if this counted as double posting since I did post this before but people obviously didn't see it.

Techlord9

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Tenno Abuse Report   Fri May 08, 2015 12:14 pm

I hadn't told tenno anything. He figured that out on his own.

Johann Liebert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Circle

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Tenno Abuse Report   Fri May 08, 2015 12:28 pm

I just realized I did not say I left the community. Well, when I was switching my pac out and making a new name, I did leave the community. I do not know if this settles anything as I am confused about whether you are talking about these red flag things as if I was still in the community.

Fade Attano
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Tenno Abuse Report   Fri May 08, 2015 2:13 pm

If you leave the community your considered a deserter and can be killed for the remainder of the war also I find it a bit fail to changing your name after you leave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Tenno Abuse Report   Fri May 08, 2015 2:25 pm

Alright, here's my verdict.

No-body's getting banned, tenno didn't break the rules as he could see the red flag above your head.

There is a rule about deserters, Circle. If you leave a community while a war is going on, you can be killed by either faction in that war until the war is over. That's why there was a red flag above your head.

The Tenno got the information about you being... well you, is meta-game. But he could still kill you, because the red flag as I said earlier. I will speak to him about it though.

Also, to fade; it is not fail rp to change your name after deserting.

[Denied]
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Denied] Tenno Abuse Report
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1