HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Appeal Accepted/Ban Shortened - Bizzclaw]Reduction of ban (Denise Marshal)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alturaus

PostSubject: [Appeal Accepted/Ban Shortened - Bizzclaw]Reduction of ban (Denise Marshal)   Fri May 08, 2015 11:13 am

I was banned on Frostburnt - PostNuke

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:25486246

RPName: Denise Marshal

Date of Incident: 5/7/2015

Time of incident (HH:MM 24hr): 02:30PM / 14:30

Time Zone: Eastern (ET)

I'll tell this story truthfully, since I have no need to lie about anything.

It started off a few days before the incident whereas I was hired to make a PAC3 outfit for this guy who I have been friends with for quite some time. I agreed willingly being very interested in the addon of late, also figuring I could make an easy profit. So it began - I started working and everything was great! The payment was set to be payed with 'Sentry Robot', which sounded a considerably silly considering their cost - why would I not agree?
    Days went by and I had finally completed the required project, tested it out, and the customer was satisfied. As the deal was coming to a close, somehow they managed to rob a dead corpse of their 'Conglomerate Recon Armor' quickly saying "Here, quickly take this" - I did, why not? About 15 minutes later I asked about the payment again and he suggested that the armor was payment enough for a job well done. I was a little hesitant and confused at first but I simply told him 'whatever'.
   The next day, he came online and we started playing together. I had my own base before he even joined and showed him around - I had grub worms in back and had nothing to protect my production. It was suggested by him that he allow me to use his sentry bot inside my base for protection, I was enthralled that he would allow me to use it and accepted. Only problem was, you are prohibited from using solar panels underground due to the obvious reason of being that it will not work. That's when I went out of my way to craft a gas generator to charge up the machines.

Everything was in place, only problem was he was nowhere to be found. I checked steam and messaged him that I was ready, and he simply told me that he was working on his base above ground. An hour passed of waiting for him to finish building a hotel, and I got upset since he still was not finished. I opened up steam for a final time and started yelling at him to come down and do it considering I had just spent a lot of resources on a gas generator and fuel, and the base of mine was no less than a one minute walk. He refused and than completely removed me from steam. This is when I was pissed off, and came up with a reason to go up there and 'Give him a reason to bitch' as quoted from me in the conversation.
    I destroyed his face, than his solar panel. My fiance and I have previously warned him that if he fucks with us we will get him, acknowledging the fact that he has previously had issues with us but we dealt with it. I admit I did not know of any rule that stated I should not destroy a solar panel, I've been playing for a very long time and that never has been a rule before, I will have to re-read the rules again - but I am NOT sorry for killing him. I may not have the best reason ever to do it, but I certainly have one.

Ending this ban appeal, I would like to request a ban reduction for the RDM, but leave the breaking of a solar panel on the table. I have no evidence of any of this all evidence is on the ban form submitted by my client. I did not record any of it considering he was a friend, I did not think I would need to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laithqakeesh

PostSubject: Re: [Appeal Accepted/Ban Shortened - Bizzclaw]Reduction of ban (Denise Marshal)   Fri May 08, 2015 11:14 am

It went from removal of ban to reduction of ban Surprised
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alturaus

PostSubject: Re: [Appeal Accepted/Ban Shortened - Bizzclaw]Reduction of ban (Denise Marshal)   Fri May 08, 2015 11:22 am

Initially that's what I meant Razz have to take what I can get I'm bored!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Appeal Accepted/Ban Shortened - Bizzclaw]Reduction of ban (Denise Marshal)   Fri May 08, 2015 11:39 am

I don't normally deal with ban appeals, but this is an interesting situation that I'd like to weight in on. In terms of the gamemode it was still against the rules, but if I thought our rules where perfect and the gamemode had a good way of working with them, I wouldn't be making a new gamemod from scratch. The reason I'm working on the new gamemode is because I want things like this to be allowed, and I really think they should as in specific situations, these sort of things should be permissible.

The problem with the current gamemode is if you allow one thing because you know a few people will respect it's limitations, such as killing someone for the reasons you stated above, you know others won't and will take it to a whole other level and find reasons to kill someone, such as when people used to kill eachother when someone said they where "rude" in private and it was overheard by someone and reported to the "rude" person on steam.

Anyways, the point is you did break the rules, but I wish it didn't have to be a rule, and if it wasn't abuseable, the reasons you gave for killing him wouldn't of been against the rules. Also, I don't appreciate how he sort of left out the more important parts of the story, and only told the parts that made you look like a monster. I might propose an idea to the CSC members about ban requests to give the accused party a day to weigh in on the issue before being banned, because we might have been able to resolve this a lot sooner, but whatever, I'm glad yo made a ban appeal.

Anyways, I'm going to shorten your ban to end tonight at midnight so you can enjoy the weekend tomorrow. I'll see you on the server then

[Appeal Accepted/Ban Shortened]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

[Appeal Accepted/Ban Shortened - Bizzclaw]Reduction of ban (Denise Marshal)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1