HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Suggestion] Giving The Old Conglo's A New Meaning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheVokak
Ban

PostSubject: [Suggestion] Giving The Old Conglo's A New Meaning   Tue May 12, 2015 5:57 pm

As we all know, there are knew conglomorte skins who really look a lot like star wars characters to me. But then we had the Combine removed because of these new skins (which are great BTW), but now we don't care for the Combine. I propose a new use for them. Recently I have been rping as the combine, aka Civil Protection and such, but I was thinking a possibility of metro police rarely spawning around heavily populated areas/high mob spawning areas. They would be like protectrons, killing all the unwanted monsters of the wasteland, and would also attempt to murder anyone who attacked another person. If any of them were killed, a large, combine invasion could possibly be taken in place. AKA, a small, soldier force attacking first, and then having either a strider, or an attack helicopter, being to start murdering all who they could see. This may be a far out and probably wont be implemented. ever. But this could possibly be nerfed, maybe a custom attack heli which can be destroyed after massive damage, and will drop a large amount of ammunition, and rarely will drop hardplates and or power armor.

Last edited by TheVokak on Thu May 14, 2015 8:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Giving The Old Conglo's A New Meaning   Thu May 14, 2015 1:44 am

I can't help but get a little flustered over the absurd amounts of double-standard bullshit and cynicism used by a large number of people on this forum. It's honestly getting on my nerves just occasionally looking these awful replies to what is honestly a helpful idea that could provide good food-for-thought in the development process of the server.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Giving The Old Conglo's A New Meaning   Thu May 14, 2015 2:07 am

There has been A LOT of shit posts lately. Shit threads too.

Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Giving The Old Conglo's A New Meaning   Thu May 14, 2015 2:11 am

So I've seen, mostly by Telly. I honestly want it to stop, but I'd rather not make a huge scene and declare it stop with a huge attention grabbing post. This isn't the place to ask of it but honestly now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Giving The Old Conglo's A New Meaning   Thu May 14, 2015 10:21 am

Not really a bad idea, in fact something similar to this is already in the works for the new gamemode I'm working on. Just to clarify though, I don't like using the Combine NPCs since they are incompatible with my NPCs which I made from scratch. They do not attack my NPCs and simply let themselves get torn apart. The Conglomerates currently in the server are not simply "re-skins" I actually had to remake them on to my Custom Made AI base so that they'd target my AI, as well as attain the ability to use weapons that don't suck (such as the ones that wield sniper rifles).

Also, I took the liberty of cleaning up this thread so that it stays on track.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Telly

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Giving The Old Conglo's A New Meaning   Thu May 14, 2015 10:34 am

Just because you didn't like my first post it doesn't mean it was unrelated. For fuck's sake.

But fine make the game more of a safeland than it is already with people having 30 sentry bots in their bases and nearly everyone wearing power armor.

It doesn't matter if mirelurks are simply pests that people just shoot at from town and since they normally just shoot from atop that sentry tower in gm_atomic the mirelurks and ghouls just stand there in place once hit the first time. It's not that there needs to be more dangerous random events that test the mettle of the already entrenched people in towns with their big sliding door and sentry bots everywhere. It's not like the general price for most of everything has gone down because of the ease that you get the items. the gatling laser seems to be the best gun right now due to it being a laser minigun with ammo that's cheap to make if you bother a scientist (Usually me whenever I'm on.) to make you a bunch of it.

Who needs a barret or a shotgun when you have a gatling laser?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheVokak
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Giving The Old Conglo's A New Meaning   Thu May 14, 2015 10:46 am

Telly the Scorned wrote:
But fine make the game more of a safeland than it is already with people having 30 sentry bots in their bases and nearly everyone wearing power armor.

Telly, this wouldn't make the wasteland more of a "safeland", it would just be there as a little extra help, oh and if you didn't notice....

"of metro police rarely spawning around "

I don't want to start any wars here, so lets just leave it at that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Telly

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Giving The Old Conglo's A New Meaning   Thu May 14, 2015 10:51 am

The robots were supposed to be a little extra help. :T
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mathew95597

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Giving The Old Conglo's A New Meaning   Thu May 14, 2015 11:04 am

I had to re-read this again. My mind was telling me for a few days after reading it the first time that "Hey, this would make a great addition to Postnuke then what everyone else says about it".
I would love to see this in there. Add some NPC's that would help us till we hit them, they would start a war with you. (Kinda like how we do except some of the wars shouldn't have started in the first place; like he stole my gun. WAR!!!!) and/or we could interact with them.

Mathew -Lone Scout
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Giving The Old Conglo's A New Meaning   Thu May 14, 2015 11:52 am

I believe there was a plan for NPC bases spawning places but unfortunately that was not revisited. ( I believe we have Raider NPC's that shoot and stuff but dont count my word for it)

(do NPC base spawns that take a wel ltrained team to attack please Smile)

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Telly

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Giving The Old Conglo's A New Meaning   Thu May 14, 2015 1:02 pm

StormySunrise wrote:
I believe there was a plan for NPC bases spawning places but unfortunately that was not revisited. ( I believe we have Raider NPC's that shoot and stuff but dont count my word for it)

(do NPC base spawns that take a wel ltrained team to attack please Smile)

Yes. That is much better than having police hang around towns protect scrubs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Suggestion] Giving The Old Conglo's A New Meaning
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1