Share | 

Server Reset Vote

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Server Reset Vote   Wed May 20, 2015 5:37 pm

Hello everyone! Coront here to ask you all an inquiry question!

As you may know, in Postnuke, the rich stay rich, and the poor stay poor. You really can't deny it; in it's current state, you can't make any progress if you aren't rich on the server.

So, we're doing a vote. Do you want a server reset? Here are the positives and negatives of the situation:

Pros:

If we do a server reset...

-Everyone will have a fresh start

-Anyone can progress quickly without some big community looking over them

-Everyone will have equal wealth

-Raiders will be more of a threat

-Wasteland will be more wasteland than safeland

-Everything toxic said

Cons:

If we do a server reset...

-Everyone will have a fresh start

-Raiders will be more of a threat

-Wasteland will be more wasteland than safeland

-You will lose everything in your inventory

Vote wisely!

Last edited by Coront on Wed May 20, 2015 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vac

PostSubject: Re: Server Reset Vote   Wed May 20, 2015 5:43 pm

I really hope this is a joke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: De Luca

PostSubject: Re: Server Reset Vote   Wed May 20, 2015 5:45 pm

With a giant event on the way and players who actually just started getting items this would be a terrible idea,

PostSubject: Re: Server Reset Vote   Wed May 20, 2015 5:48 pm

the server is going to be reset when postnuke 2 comes out so it would be a fresh start and then another fresh start

Fade Attano
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Server Reset Vote   Wed May 20, 2015 5:54 pm

No reason to restart when were getting restarted in Resurgence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jim Warren

PostSubject: Re: Server Reset Vote   Wed May 20, 2015 5:54 pm

I hope we don't get reset, since a reset is coming anyway in the next gamemode.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyextri

PostSubject: Re: Server Reset Vote   Wed May 20, 2015 6:02 pm

unless we can restart now and keep the save data after the reset and put that info into postnuke 2

Jim Warren

PostSubject: Re: Server Reset Vote   Wed May 20, 2015 6:05 pm

Nyextri wrote:
unless we can restart now and keep the save data after the reset and put that info into postnuke 2

I don't think that will be possible, since the coding will be completely different and saves will not be compatible. (So i've heard)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Server Reset Vote   Wed May 20, 2015 6:40 pm

The new gamemode will have a completely different system for character progression in terms of leveling and gear and most of the weapons in Postnuke won't really have a resurgence counterpart, especially since in the beginning their won't be more than 1 or two weapons of each type do to the intense amount of work I have to do with the new weapon system

Basically, they aren't the same gamemode; It's not simply a recode, it's a completely different experience that works on everything that made PostnukeRP successful and working around PostnukeRP's issues. Of course the inventories won't match up.

Also, Coront failed to mention this, but the outcome of the vote will not actually decide whether or not the server resets. This is just a survey to get what people think about the server resetting. I wouldn't actually reset unless an overwhelming amount of people want one (which isn't happening)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Server Reset Vote   Wed May 20, 2015 6:43 pm

With a new gamemode on the way that already will set everyone to a blank slate, I see no reason to piss everyone off by wiping them without anything nessesitating it yet.

Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: Server Reset Vote   Wed May 20, 2015 9:27 pm

But why not? I mean you have people sitting in towns all day just wearing hardsuits waiting for conglomerate to drop or events, hardly anyone bases (Smite me if I'm wrong but that's the way it seems). The server is dry the only thing keeping it interesting as it would seem (to me) is the huge conglomerate event going on and if you haven't noticed the event has been ground to a halt for various reasons.

Plus with a wipe everybody would fear fear their neighbor. When I first joined I was terrified of everybody, new or old players. Now everybody is either too scared to fight lest a war break out and make anything interesting or they simply are too lazy and figure that they have no need to scavenge. I mean I see people scavenge here and there but I don't see the wealthy factions sending out droves of newer scavengers to collect these copious amounts of resources they pull in.

So yes. I am all in favor for the reset, although my opinion will only be an opinion not a real "vote" I feel as if the server would benefit from this as it would put everybody on the same level for at least a little while. It's disheartening to see newer players be either thrown out and warded off from other players and then have to live like a recluse and scavenge because they cannot compete with the others, or be thrown a pair of power armor and become another pawn of some powerhouse community that is simply another gun.  And when I see an up and coming community doing well for themselves I see another community take it over by sending in their own players. Dirty fighting is the worst when you take a someones dignity and wave it in front of his face and sell it simply because you want to control them. Sure destroying them from the inside is allowed and roleplay friendly it totally makes sense. But without facing your opponent in open combat what does that make you seem like?

Not only that the next game mode isn't going to come out tomorrow, next week or even next month most likely. Besides what have you really got to lose? something you could easily gain back within a week or two?

There is no wasteland now, only a safeland. Nobody has fear and that makes them lazy fools who are too comfortable, change will upset them but that change will be a good upset.

Crucible
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: Server Reset Vote   Wed May 20, 2015 10:41 pm

Lets just see what the vote says before everyone gets into a butthurt safeland-wasteland argument.

And tbh, a server reset wouldnt help out the safeland situation all too much.

StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Server Reset Vote   Thu May 21, 2015 10:50 am

Toxic Impulse wrote:
But why not? I mean you have people sitting in towns all day just wearing hardsuits waiting for conglomerate to drop or events, hardly anyone bases (Smite me if I'm wrong but that's the way it seems). The server is dry the only thing keeping it interesting as it would seem (to me) is the huge conglomerate event going on and if you haven't noticed the event has been ground to a halt for various reasons.

Plus with a wipe everybody would fear fear their neighbor. When I first joined I was terrified of everybody, new or old players. Now everybody is either too scared to fight lest a war break out and make anything interesting or they simply are too lazy and figure that they have no need to scavenge. I mean I see people scavenge here and there but I don't see the wealthy factions sending out droves of newer scavengers to collect these copious amounts of resources they pull in.

So yes. I am all in favor for the reset, although my opinion will only be an opinion not a real "vote" I feel as if the server would benefit from this as it would put everybody on the same level for at least a little while. It's disheartening to see newer players be either thrown out and warded off from other players and then have to live like a recluse and scavenge because they cannot compete with the others, or be thrown a pair of power armor and become another pawn of some powerhouse community that is simply another gun.  And when I see an up and coming community doing well for themselves I see another community take it over by sending in their own players. Dirty fighting is the worst when you take a someones dignity and wave it in front of his face and sell it simply because you want to control them. Sure destroying them from the inside is allowed and roleplay friendly it totally makes sense. But without facing your opponent in open combat what does that make you seem like?

Not only that the next game mode isn't going to come out tomorrow, next week or even next month most likely. Besides what have you really got to lose? something you could easily gain back within a week or two?

There is no wasteland now, only a safeland. Nobody has fear and that makes them lazy fools who are too comfortable, change will upset them but that change will be a good upset.

I might Smite you in spite, but I would agree, also i would also agree to any wars Smile.

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laithqakeesh

PostSubject: Re: Server Reset Vote   Thu May 21, 2015 11:47 am

How about make a 24-48 hour protection (Not invincibility) for new comers to not drive them away
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Server Reset Vote   Thu May 21, 2015 12:28 pm

Explain what you mean, exactly.

PostSubject: Re: Server Reset Vote   Thu May 21, 2015 3:45 pm

Toxic Impulse wrote:

I whole-heartedly agree with this. I think a reset would shake things up and make the server have a bit more action rather than having a bunch of people with good armour controlling everything from conglo drops to the economy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Server Reset Vote   Thu May 21, 2015 3:51 pm

Cancelling vote, it isn't going anywhere
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Server Reset Vote
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1