HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun May 24, 2015 11:10 am

I've set up a Trello board.
https://trello.com/b/EKAN0qfQ/resurgence
The Trello board shows the current tasks I'm working on, and what stage of completion they're on.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Since PosnukeRP was made by Radioactive cricket, I've felt it was always limited in regards to what I actually wanted to see in a Multiplayer Fallout Experience, now that I have enough experience, I've started working on Resurgence, my own gamemode made form the ground up.

So what will make this different from Postnuke? Will it be better? Is it worth it?
I'll start to answer this question by listing some of the key features of Resurgence.

The servers will be hosted off of the dedicated server, meaning we can host as many servers as we need with more stability.
There will be multiple server's running at once all on different maps. You can travel between the maps at certain points with the same character.
Maps will be split into different tiers of danger level, with the highest level of dangerous zones spawning raider NPCs and much better loot. The new gamemodes versions of grubs or miners will appear as various buildings scattered around the more dangerous maps. These factories will require a group to take control of them to produce specialized components or resources, but these will be highly contested and will most likely exchange hands frequently.

Lore wise, Resurgence is going to be based on the fallout lore and as such will take place in the Fallout Universe. The current story will be done away with and items will have this reflected. The gamemode will take place in the era between Fallout 1/2 so you can expect to see things such as the Brotherhood going to war with the newly formed Enclave, or the First Expansions of the NCR.

The main point of resurgence is that it will administrate itself. A reputation system and NPCs will govern how players play in areas. Using the New California Republic, or NCR, as an example, the beginner/noob map will be controlled by the NCR and players that start out in this area will start with a slightly positive relationship with the NCR, however, players who attempt to take advantage of new players by attempting to kill them will be gunned down by the NCR soldiers and gain a bounty with the NCR while their victim is healed and suffers no death penalties. This bounty will prevent the player from spawning in NCR Controlled territory, and unable to easily progress through Checkpoints, or to other maps, controlled by the NCR. Players will of course be able to chose to spawn in a more lawless part of the wastes if they chose, but the NCR controlled areas will provide a good place for new players to learn the gamemode without the threat of greifing from other players. This will eliminate the need to moderate Player vs Player interactions, and allow staff members to focus more on being story tellers, or Game Masters, in the gamemode as opposed to dealing with constant petty matters of player death, thus eliminating all RDM rules.

I short list of concepts, you can check the trello and see the progress on some of these

• Loot will no longer be based on sitting at resource nodes. It will be container based, meaning instead of eating cars, you'll have to open up their inventory and collect items from them manually. In order to get raw materials such as scrap metal, you'll have to use a weapon such as your fists, crowbar, autoaxe, ect.
  • Crafting resources will be a lot more complex. Instead of scrap, Small parts and chemicals, you will craft items using various miscellaneous items. Scrap metal, Copper Wiring, Silicon, Duct tape, ect. Some of these items will also have a weight, meaning you wont' be able to carry infinite amounts of them at once.
  • Fully fledged condition system that effects every item from food to weapons and it will change how effective items are. Most weapons and armor will also have a "dynamic max condition" which lowers slowly as the weapon is continually damaged. This will also serve to scale loot with player progression. Weapons will be found while looting cars and building containers, including firearms, however most firearms found will be severely broken with a relatively low maximum condition. A weapon's condition will make it jam, lower it's accuracy, increase it's recoil and maybe slightly effect it's damage.
  • No classes, what your character does is dependent on what you chose to specialize. You can chose some skills to start with that are higher at base, and there will be another layer of skills that determine your character's attributes using Fallout's S.P.E.C.I.A.L System.
    Like So

• Towns built in to maps will have different NPCs from different factions in them. Every few minutes, they will generate a list of various tasks they need done. You can offer to perform theses tasks which will generate a quest. These quests will vary widely and will include tasks such as delivering a package, hunting down some specific enemies, bringing back a certain item, ect, but ultimately they are influenced by the faction giving them. Completing these quests will improve your reputation with that faction, however, if another faction is at ends with the one you just helped, you might hurt your reputation with them, or maybe even incur a bounty with them in the course of your quest.
  • Party system. you can form parties with a max size based on your character's Charisma. Being in a party will allow you to see the Health and position of other party members, as well as share XP and perform quests together.
  • Utility experience - Scavenging loot, using medical supplies to heal, crafting items, cooking, and performing other non combat skills will reward you with Utility Experience, or UXP which will level your "Utility Level". Leveling up your utiility level will allow you to spend skill points on utility skills.
  • Combat Experience - Doing damage to enemies or completing Combat based quests will reward you with Combat Experience, or CXP, allowing you to put points into combat oriented skills. In most cases it will only work if you're attacking NPCs, but certain conditions will allow players to gain XP form PVP combat aswell, IE, fighting over factories, completing bounties and more.
  • Your character will have a level that represents their current progression. It's won't effect gameplay and character stats other than giving players access to new perks/skill points, but it will serve as a reflection of your character's progression.
  • Everything from the current Postnuke that I have made will be re-added in Resurgence, including the character creation system and the NPCs.
  • DT or, Damage Threshold will be used  along with DR for armor, allowing for a much more dynamic armor system. DT basically means that the armors protection rating is directly subtracted from the damage done to the player, except never lower than 20% of the original damage. Dr or Damage resistance simply scales damage of all types, so a DR of 50 will cut incoming damage to 50% of it's total damage.
  • New equipment system, equipped items stay in your inventory but will be marked with an "equipped" flag, and death will severely damage equipped items.
  • Armor and weapons mods that save, sort of like the mods you can get for equipment in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series, so not just different sights and silencer, but internal mods.
  • Hunger and Thirst are not present, but done away with and abstracted to a "Stamina" bar (not to be confused with Action points). When your Stamina bar is over a certain threshold, you will gain bonuses to certain SPECIAL's. At 0 Stamina, your stats will be at their base amount. Stamina can be replenished by eating/drinking.
  • Inventory will be weight based like presently, but it will work a bit more like stalker in terms of weight limits; After a certain threshold, your character's speed while start to degrade based on how over encumbered you are, and eventually you won't be able to move. However, you will always be able to pick an item up, it just might severely slow you down.
  • Inventory capacity is based on your strength and can be modified by equipping different pieces of apparel, such as merchant outfits or backpacks.
  • Many more things, as well as almost everything currently in the postnuke, including a community system.

What about my current Postnuke Character?
While the gamemode will serve as more than a replacement for Postnuke, the character data is saved in a completely different way and the structure of the character's inventory and experience are impossible to transfer. Besides, it would be better that with a new gamemode would come a fresh start.

How long will it be until it's ready?
Not any time soon, it is being made from a scratch so it will take quite a while, but don't really expect a definite deadline. Still, don't give up on your Postnuke character just yet.

Will there be an alpha/beta?
Once the core systems such as the Human AI and Reputation system are finished, An alpha will be open for players to do simple things such as do quests together or just make some money and progress their characters. Keep in mind though, characters will probably get wiped on a daily basis on alpha, so the Payout for all actions in Money or Experience will be very high, but much lower in later versions.

Are you doing this alone?

Pretty much, I'm getting some advice from Thunder Bosnich, a programmer's who's friends with Aesop, and Gnomp is working on things like Inventory assets, items and porting, but more or less I'm the only one working on the code for this.

I'm a mapper/lua scripter/modeler/animator and I'd like to see this happen so much that I'd like to help!
I would really appreciated any help I can get. Please add me on steam or post below. Make sure to leave a comment on my profile saying who you are.

As I've said many times, this will serve as more than a replacement for postnuke, and despite the features that would otherwise replace ones in postnuke, basic functionality that postnuke has will still be present in a different way such as the community systems, character creation, custom AI and the dynamic music, but it won't be the same and it certainly won't feel the same, but I'll let you all be the judge of that when the time comes.

Languages
The gamemode supports multiple languages. If anyone is a native speaker of languages other than English and you'd like to help translate, let me know over PM.

Post any suggestions you have below.

Last edited by Bizzclaw on Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:54 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Evilsweetblock2
Ban

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun May 24, 2015 1:15 pm

Me and stevenson were having a debate about some armor types, realism of bullets, and some other stuff when we came up with some great ideas. I'm fairly certain at least one of these could be impossible, and one of these has already been thought of. Anyway, here it is:

1. UNDERARMOR
Underarmor would be the third category of armor, Armor, Helmet, Underarmor. underarmor would consist of Kevlar, EMP Suits, and Padded Armors.
Kevlar would decrease ballistic damage by 10-25%, depending on its quality or rarity or its remaining durability.
EMP Suits would weaken Pulse, Lasers, and Energy rounds before they hit the person, giving a 5-10% ballistic damage and 15-25% Energy resistance, depending on durability and batteries. To go with this, I think the Conglomerates should drop batteries, but as an item, and on use they would give whatever the player is wearing a 10 to 100% charge, depending on battery type. The EMP suit would lose 0.2 or 0.5% battery every minute, and 2-5% every shot on them, depending on type of energy.
Padded armor would decrease the damage of ballistics by 5-15%, and of melee 10-30%, depending on durability and quality.

2. WEAPON DURABILITY
Weapons, Armor, and everything in between should have a durability. As you shoot with your gun in life, your gun will start to get dusty and damaged on the inside from the mini-explosion, so why not in the wasteland? Same with melee, if you cut something in half with a knife, it'll start to dull and rust, so why not in PNRP? So I think that after many uses or shots fired for weapons, their durability starts to drop. They would be raised by using Repair kits (I.E. Whetstone, Gun Repair Kit, Toolbox, etc). A gun that reaches 60% durability will occasionally misfire, causing the player to have to reload early, while below 15% the gun has a chance of exploding in your face. Melee weapons at 50% would start to have a chance to break, and at 5% will instantly break. Armor would lose durability with being used and worn, and it would just decrease its defense value.

3. WEAPON SKINS
Now, I dont mean like COD where you can turn your weapon gold or diamond, I mean like, real world paint. Occasionally, instead of a regular car spawning, maybe a police cruiser or downed military vehicle will spawn, giving a LOW LOW LOW chance of a weapon, and a LOWx6 chance for a weapon with a 'skin'. Like, if you find a police cruiser, inside you might find a 'Police Pistol' or a 'Police Shotgun' or whatnot, and instead of looking like the gun would, it would be Dark blue. Military would be a Pitch Black, and maybe you can find a camo green that a hunter would use.

4. BATTERIES
Bring Batteries back, as items. They can be dropped by Conglomerate Guards, and by Super Mutants, and they would charge certain things, such as Floodlights, EMP Suits, Tesla Hardsuits, Power Armors, Modded items, stuff like that.

Well, these are my ideas. I hope you like them and will add them in the new version!
Ok, sorry I didnt see this if it was here Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyextri

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun May 24, 2015 1:50 pm

hardcore mode where if you die that character gets deleted but you get like 25% more resources from scavenging

Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun May 24, 2015 2:00 pm

lukevader wrote:
I was thinking white flames turn into Nuka cola quantums and have a rare chance to spawn into the wasteland and give you 100xp or less.

Eh, wouldn't really work, Nuka-Cola Quantum wouldn't make sense to really drop from any mobs.

Also, I'm now very excited about Resurgence, and I have some ideas i'd like to see in the new gamemode.

I'd love to see more alchohol types, not just melon and orange whiskey. And some new weapons. Not like the current conventional ones, but makeshift weapons. You'd have things like a wood plank with nails in it, a axe with a sawblade, stuff like that.

And a few things i'd like to see, so I could use em in events would be certain mobs that don't spawn normally- like super mutants. Maybe robo-brains and hostile protectrons and sentries. I'd love to have some of the special ghouls added- things like The Overseer and Vault Security ghouls. Maybe some Lobotomites and Ghost People.

That's most of my suggestions. Just pretty much makeshift weapons that can be easily crafted, and special enemies that can be spawned for events. And only events, not spawned normally, just like super mutants.

Last edited by Coront on Sun May 24, 2015 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mathew95597

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun May 24, 2015 2:20 pm

I just can't wait for this. I will probably play this mode for a month or more while I have down time in college.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun May 24, 2015 4:30 pm

I think Unique storms for different maps would be interesting:

Radstorms: for urban maps like chernobyl, alters vision minutely, makes player suffocate slowly, player starts to take on rads fast

Haboobs(sandstorms): for maps like CSC desert and Nevada, alters vision extremely (even more so than the fog on the silent hill map), makes player suffocate quickly, little or no rads gained

Blizzards: for maps like PostnukeMetro and stalkerSnow: alters vision extremely like Haboob, reduces player speed GREATLY, player begins to freeze (suffocating by another name), little or no rads gained.

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun May 24, 2015 4:55 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel Reid
Ban

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Mon May 25, 2015 12:48 pm

Make things repairable with parts. I don't want stuff to just break over time with no hope.

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue May 26, 2015 1:19 pm

oh i got it change the name for the vicous dog you know because that's not how you spell vicious

Gamerchef

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:19 pm

Hey Bizzclaw, I hope you are reading this since I've been thinking about your gamemode. I hope you put these ideas that I made into the gamemode you're working on! Very Happy

RESURGENCE IDEAS
1. Faction bases- In the old world, these use to be military stations, ready for anything to happen around the country...but they weren't ready for the nuclear devices that almost extincted humanity.
The faction bases are a like a factions home sweet home home. In these special bases, they hold old world equipment like healing technology, ammunition technology, food and water technology, and security technology. But here's the part where you can change the base very differently, you can only choose 2 out of the 4 technologies in the base. Although there is one special base that holds all of the 4 old world technology's, we won't talk about that just yet.

Faction bases are great for small to a little large factions, since your factions require a lot of needs to get them back protecting the base or just causing havoc across the wasteland.

In faction bases, you can even customize the base in your own style. Who knew that hang in there kitty poster would be so motivational.

But hold on...you weren't thinking about being all safe in that base right? Well other douchebags might also want your base for their own use with force! So how about you and your teammates teach them a lesson with bullets to educate them and tell them to get the *#&# off your lawn!

But overall, it's nice to have a faction base with you and your teammates. Don't have to worry about deathclaws chasing after you. It's safe (kind of). Old world tech to keep you comfortable (No sexual technology, yeah no 100 ft dragon dildos, which that sucks). And you get bragging rights.

So your faction has a faction base, and everyone feels like that bad ass hero from those old world unrealistic action movies...wanna go for something bigger and more awesome than a faction base...how about capturing a citadel.

Depending on how big the map is, there can be 2-3 faction bases per map.

2.Citadels-The best type of a faction base you and your faction can have. These citadel's were once state-of-the-art military bases, but were never touched in hundreds of years. To control a citadel, you have to get to the control room, which is at the top of the citadel. Also it takes a longer time to control a citadel than a faction base.

Inside these old world bases, contain all the selectable technology's for faction bases. The citadel is also much than a faction base. Citadel's are recommended for large factions. I recommende using the half life 2 citadel models since that's the kind of citadels I had in mind.

3.Name changes-I dont like the name RESURGENCE, I'm sorry I just I dont. But I have made a few ideas that came across my mind.

Nukelands, Radworld, Vaults&Conglomerates, Nukeworld, Vaults&Deathclaws.

4.New NPCs-Raiders, Mirelurk kings, DEATHCLAWS (pls do it), Geckos, Bloatflys, Malfunctioned robots, Enclave members, and Aliens.

5.Low level raids-Just some low lvl raids for the new players that will be playing on the new gamemode.

The Abandoned Vault-Lvl:low. Loot:low.
Description: You and a few other wastelanders find an empty vault. Inside you see that the vault has already been looted from another group that came to the vault a while back, but you see that a few items have been missed from the looters. Do you and the other wastelanders dare to go in the vault and fight the remaining critters and to get the other loot in the vault?

The burning star-Lvl:low. Loot:low-legendary.
Description: It was just another day in the radiated wasteland. You were just outside a public outpost, drinking your Nuka Cola when all of a sudden you see something in the sky that looks like a burning star falling to earth. You couldn't believe your eyes when you saw this happening and all of a sudden...BOOM! The burning star crashed nearby a pit a little bit outside of the outpost. Then behind you, you see people getting their makeshift cars somehow out of their pockets, and a wastelander getting his running shoes on. You know what you have to do...Run to the burning star.

The Sewers-Lvl:low. Loot:low.
Descripton: You heard rumors of something in the sewers and now it's becoming the talk around the outpost. No one knows what's down there, due to the fact it's has low radiation levels. But someone has to do the job, and people are now paying others to go down there and figure out this mystery.

6.New Items-Drugs,C4 (Manual, and automatic), Rocket launchers, Mini gun, Armored vault suit, Anti-material rifle, Drug making lab, Vertibird, Gas mask, and a alien blaster.

Well that's all I have for now, might edit this so I can add more stuff in, but I hope you see this Bizzclaw and keep up the hard work! Cool

Evilsweetblock2
Ban

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:47 am

Sorry Jakob, I think the name Resurgence is better, so I disagree on that, but I do like the event ideas.
So, heres another idea: Antlion Cavern Guards

Antlion Cavern Guard
An Antlion Cavern Guard would use the same model as on HL2-E2.
They would have a medium chance of spawning after destroying a hive, and a low chance of spawning instead of a regular guard
They would have the same chance to drop Guard meat as Antlions have a chance to drop Antlion meat
Would have 2500 HP, making them extremely ridiculously hard to kill, same damage and speed as normal guard.
Just think it would be pretty cool to have more antlions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:13 am

I don't want to use any non-standard Half-Life 2 content in the gamemode.

Anyway,s a lot of those ideas are actually in the works Gamerchef. Faction bases are already planned, but they will serve as a replacement for miners and grubs. Certain bases will produce certain items (gunpowder, steel, energy, silicon rubber) and factions are meant to fight over these facilities. The facilities will require manual labor to have them up kept and require player actions for optimal production, this should introduce the dynamic of slavery hopefully.
Also, addressing the "car form pockets" comment, I forgot to mention this, but their will be an actual garage you will need to retrieve vehicles from.

I really appreciate the suggestions. I honestly forgot about the armored vault suit, so thanks for reminding me about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
De Luca
Ban

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:23 am

Bizzclaw wrote:
I don't want to use any non-standard Half-Life 2 content in the gamemode.

Anyway,s a lot of those ideas are actually in the works Gamerchef. Faction bases are already planned, but they will serve as a replacement for miners and grubs. Certain bases will produce certain items (gunpowder, steel, energy, silicon rubber) and factions are meant to fight over these facilities. The facilities will require manual labor to have them up kept and require player actions for optimal production, this should introduce the dynamic of slavery hopefully.
Also, addressing the "car form pockets" comment, I forgot to mention this, but their will be an actual garage you will need to retrieve vehicles from.

I really appreciate the suggestions. I honestly forgot about the armored vault suit, so thanks for reminding me about it.

Considering the multiple zones (PvE/PvP) and so forth will there be more then one garage or is it one per zone?

"Hands up, don't ban"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptnSmurf

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:09 pm

I would love to see horses added, that is if the Skyrim NPCs haven't been removed again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile
De Luca
Ban

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:47 pm

Horses and power armor sounds like some crazy stuff I'd pay to see.

"Hands up, don't ban"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gamerchef

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:19 pm

De Luca wrote:
Bizzclaw wrote:

Wow can't believe that some of my ideas were actually in progress, and thank you for reading my suggestions.

I do have another idea that came upon my head, the idea... Chem labs.

With chem labs, you can make all kinds of chems that are in the fallout universe and you can get the items and such from scavenging and crafting them. This idea would also encourage bandit factions to try their best to be the leader of the chem market in the wasteland, they could also fight other bandit factions and destroy their chem labs to stop their profits.

I also think that chem labs should be raidable since chems produced from the lab can be different depending on how many ingredients you put in to make a certain chem, this would also mean that the chems efficiency can be big or small, and could be cheaper or more expensive.

So in a nutshell, Scientists can create Chem Labs, that can create chems by using ingredients found while scavenging or crafting them. Bandits could make a great profit from these, and the chems efficiency can be different depending on how many ingredients you put in to create that certain chem.

Also I have looked up the word 'Resurgence', and I'm starting to like the word but not a whole lot. Maybe in the future I'll like it but who knows. Anyway keep up the epic work Bizzclaw and have a good day everybody. Wink

Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:31 pm

What will the PvP maps be like?

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptnSmurf

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:52 pm

Gamerchef wrote:
De Luca wrote:
Bizzclaw wrote:

Wow can't believe that some of my ideas were actually in progress, and thank you for reading my suggestions.

With chem labs, you can make all kinds of chems that are in the fallout universe and you can get the items and such from scavenging and crafting them. This idea would also encourage bandit factions to try their best to be the leader of the chem market in the wasteland, they could also fight other bandit factions and destroy their chem labs to stop their profits.

I also think that chem labs should be raidable since chems produced from the lab can be different depending on how many ingredients you put in to make a certain chem, this would also mean that the chems efficiency can be big or small, and could be cheaper or more expensive.

So in a nutshell, Scientists can create Chem Labs, that can create chems by using ingredients found while scavenging or crafting them. Bandits could make a great profit from these, and the chems efficiency can be different depending on how many ingredients you put in to create that certain chem.

Also I have looked up the word 'Resurgence', and I'm starting to like the word but not a whole lot. Maybe in the future I'll like it but who knows. Anyway keep up the epic work Bizzclaw and have a good day everybody. Wink

I think the chem/drug labs should be added to the faction bases instead of being a crafted item.

Also, if the citadel idea is added there should be one per map.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masterskull2

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:12 pm

I think that some craftable items like meds or ammo should have a quality thats based on the player that crafted it's skill. Like medkits that are made by a scientist with high skill should heal more, and crappy ammo made by a low level engi tend to jam your gun and wear it out. This would introduce a different prices in the player market for the quality of goods, because lets face it, the current economy is just based on who sells it cheaper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gamerchef

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:59 am

CaptnSmurf wrote:
Gamerchef wrote:
De Luca wrote:
Bizzclaw wrote:

I think the chem/drug labs should be added to the faction bases instead of being a crafted item.

Also, if the citadel idea is added there should be one per map.

Yeah when I had the idea of the citadel, that's how many I wanted there to be in every map. Wink

Evilsweetblock2
Ban

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:29 pm

I have two more suggestions, pls no h8 because Its me
1. There should be three different types of ammo. No, not like caliber, but three different types for each caliber, Gunstore/Surplus/Shoddy/Whateverthefuckyouwanttocallthischeapshit ammo, which would be the ammo most commonly found in the wastes, makes your gun degrade at 1.5x speed, but it would be the 'normal' ammo. Then we would have Military grade rounds, which are only craftable by medium level'd engineers (I support the higher their skill the better the ammo concept) or very rarely found, which would do 1.25x more damage or something like that and degrade slower than Surplus/whatever. Then, the third kind would be Specials, only craftable by high level engineers, this would consist of like, EMP for energy weapons, Incendiary which has a low chance of setting someone on fire, Hollow Point, Armor Piercing, etc etc.
Other Idea:
My other idea is a map with three settings.
Normal - Just a normal map setting, used to navigate and whatnot
Political - Would show the factions controlling the areas and such
Resource - Only available to people who own radars, would be like normal but would occasionally blink resource nodes.

Now, to explain Political: I think that the only maps that should have Citadels should be full blown DayZ everyone is KOS maps, and then Faction bases should be on the moderately free PVP maps and such. So, my idea is that if a faction takes over a base, on the political map their color and maybe a logo will appear on the political map, showing that they own that part of the map. Same for Citadels, but because we dont want noobs to take over a base and just claim anarchy law, to be able to take a faction base should take 5 or 6 players to be in the community. If this doesn't make any sense, tell me and I'll try to explain it better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetblock2
Ban

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:30 am

Also, I have another suggestion, because why not :/

Suggestion: XenoLurk
Xenolurks would have the skin of the Nukalurk, but would be named differently because different story and copyright sht. Anyway, heres the story or whatever
The Conglomerates (Or whatever bad guy were using now) Had, from the beginning been testing with the irradiated monsters of the wastes. They found by infusing Savium (Or whatever the f*ck its called) with Mirelurk eggs gave them this bluish glow, and made them bigger faster stronger and overall, better. Also, the meat was tastier!
Differences: The main difference should be the Xenolurk should have more HP than a hunter, and do a bunch of damage. They should only be found in medium radiated waters/Biohazard spills, and should heal from the radiation. They should drop small chance of Xenolurk meat (Which looks just like Mirelurk meat) or medium chance for regular mirelurk meat. Xenolurk meat heals 25-50 HP and 40 hunger, cannot be cooked, and gives 50-170 rads. So, If im guessing the HP of 'lurks correctly... They should have around 800 HP, and Xenolurk Hunters should have about 1200. They should give about 15-30 XP, depending on type. Swamplurks would me cool to add too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:19 am

Why would copyright have any bearing in the name nukalurk but not in anything else that is on the server already? Who are you afraid of? Nukacola?

Ban

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:51 pm

No, I just dont want the game to follow EVERY FAWKIN THING ABOOT FALLOUT.
So we should change some shit up dawg.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptnSmurf

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:55 pm

Too bad it's set up in the Fallout universe, I rather liked the PostNuke lore.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next