HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Sterben

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:43 pm

I got an idea that we can do for a special type of power armor. We can essentially make a medic version of T-45d armor that heals 1hp every minute. That way it isn't overpowered and can still be used effectively when out of combat.

Wendy Walsh

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:07 am

lel you could use two stimpacks in a couple seconds then wait an hour. Unless you mean ingame hours then It would be op. Hmm maybe It could automaticly pop a stimpack if your hp goes below 50 hp and you have to wait 10 secs before it could dose again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198118199858/
Zapper3000380

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:46 pm

Question/Concern: About the Trello-thing, are more things added to the Concepts/TODO tabs as more things are finished, or is there currently a definite amount of milestones to complete? I ask this so the hype doesn't wane from unpredictability of the release date for the development.

Good job on the things finished so far though, keep it up! Very Happy

*EDIT:
Also, a few suggestions since I couldn't find these exactly mentioned in the forum;
1. In Resurgence, can we swap Electron Charge Pack usage in Power armor for normal Fusion cores? Make them only findable in containers, and add a craftable tool that could 'power' the Fusion core, for suitable usage of Power Armor and the Gatling Laser, as in Fallout 4 the Gatling Laser ran on Fusion Cores instead of Electron Charge Packs.

2. Or just use Fusion Cores to separate the power source for Power Armor with ECPs as the ammo for Gatling Lasers.

3. Make power armor in Resurgence blend in with the wasteland-feel, more dirty-looking and rustic and much harder to obtain, possibly with a durability even for  a reduction in the god-complex one recieves while wearing the equipment. I don't know how one would alter a model for such visible traits, but seeing a random guy in a shiny suit of T-60 or X-02 Enclave armor walk around town in the Decay server is pretty edgy. Like real fucking edgy. Regardless if they worked their ass off just to find a blueprint, I am uncertain if any random scrub with a buncha-monies can actually replicate such rare pre-war technology to such a degree in a post-nuclear wasteland. Maybe the Brotherhood of Steel, but they certainly aren't random scrubs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wendy Walsh

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:52 pm

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AOqHAylUib6YMVLWJQF22TH7pxwzXZxqylmPmLBtBhc/edit?usp=sharing

I made this in class over the course of three days Hopefully it was worth it, Also please respond
I need to know If it was worth the effort I put in. Please make suggestions to add to this page of ideas.
Back to top Go down
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:44 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that development has been progressing really well. Just looking at the trello will tell you how much I've gotten done in the last two weeks and I'm still going strong.

That said, I just started my vacation and as of now I'm out of town until around September 4th. I start classes on the 29th, so as soon as I get home I'm going to try to get as much work done as I can. I'm shooting for a pre-alpha before I start my classes again.

Remember, you can always check my Resurgence Trello, which is detailed at the top of the first post in this thread, if you'd like to check my progress and see what I've accomplished with detailed descriptions, pictures, and videos of development.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Wendy Walsh

PostSubject: My list of ideas for resurgence   Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:18 pm

Hi Bizzclaw! I hope your reading this and if you are I hope you will read and respond to these Ideas I have made. I have worked for a total of 2 hours on this project and I would at least like to see a response to this to see how you think about them. if you already are working on these ideas or already have any of them as concepts then i'm sorry. This document will be updated when I feel like I have come up with a new idea. Also for every body else who is reading this I really want to know what you think and please add any suggestions to this page I have not thought of. If it is really good I will add it and make sure to put your name in there too! But please try to keep the post serious and please do research before adding suggestions. Just don't make suggestions that have already been suggested or things that have been stated. Admins have tried making Q@A posts and all they did was rage quit because everybody Asked questions that have already been answered before so I think you guys get the point.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AOqHAylUib6YMVLWJQF22TH7pxwzXZxqylmPmLBtBhc/edit?usp=sharing

This is the file. Enjoy! Mr.Zerg
Back to top Go down
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:10 pm

I didn't want to respond because I didn't know of a nice way to debunk all of your ideas, but you keep pushing me so you're not really leaving me much of a choice other than to just respond honestly.

I don't want to do gasmask filters, so I'm not doing that.

I'm not using updated power armor models, They don't have the right proportions or rigging for the models we're using.

Power Armor doesn't have fuel in Resurgence.

I'm using Fallout New Vegas weapons for Resusrgence, so I guess Fallout 3 ones already fall in to that category?

More varried mutant types of enemies is a given, especially because the mob spawning system is a lot more dynamic in Resurgence compared to postnuke.

Super Mutant invasions aren't necessary because you'll encounter them in random encounters and in high danger maps.

Already doing items breaking down to components.

I've already been working on hotkeying all items to 1-9, so you can hotkey any usable item to the hotbar, which includes weapons, stimpaks, the works.

Already doing chems and their limiting factor will be addiction.

Different types of ammo is already supported and planned.

Already thought about skill books as a way to transfer XP for postnuke, and the answer is still no for both postnuke and resurgence.

Your point on factions is moot because there are no RDM rules in resurgence, so faction wars don't even matter, you can kill someone if you want, just not in maps that are regulated by NPC factions.

I already have armors effecting specials and skills implemented and working.

in-game radio channels hosted by NPCs are already planned, but player made stations are impossible because there's no way to broadcast voice data to multiple servers.

We're not doing power armor customization like that. It doesn't make any since lore wise since we're Following Fallout 1/2/NV lore, not Bethesda's fanfictions.

There won't be vending machines in resurgence. If you want to sell something, you have to sell it yourself, besides, most of the trading you'll be doing is to NPC merchants anyways.

War system is, again, moot because there's no rules limiting you from killing other faction members in areas that aren't Faction Regulated. If you read the whole post for resurgence, you would know this.

Crippled limbs and stat debuffs for them are already implemented and working in the gamemode.

So, I'm sorry, but all of your ideas are either going to be implemented already, or completely irrelevant and sound like Postnuke suggestions. I appreciate the suggestions, but you're thinking of this as Postnuke.

Forget everything about Postnuke/decay you know and try looking at this as a new game that's unrelated, because that's what it is.
Back to top Go down
Zapper3000380

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:56 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
I didn't want to respond because I didn't know of a nice way to debunk all of your ideas, but you keep pushing me so you're not really leaving me much of a choice other than to just respond honestly.

I don't want to do gasmask filters, so I'm not doing that.

I'm not using updated power armor models, They don't have the right proportions or rigging for the models we're using.

Power Armor doesn't have fuel in Resurgence.

I'm using Fallout New Vegas weapons for Resusrgence, so I guess Fallout 3 ones already fall in to that category?

More varried mutant types of enemies is a given, especially because the mob spawning system is a lot more dynamic in Resurgence compared to postnuke.

Super Mutant invasions aren't necessary because you'll encounter them in random encounters and in high danger maps.

Already doing items breaking down to components.

I've already been working on hotkeying all items to 1-9, so you can hotkey any usable item to the hotbar, which includes weapons, stimpaks, the works.

Already doing chems and their limiting factor will be addiction.

Different types of ammo is already supported and planned.

Already thought about skill books as a way to transfer XP for postnuke, and the answer is still no for both postnuke and resurgence.

Your point on factions is moot because there are no RDM rules in resurgence, so faction wars don't even matter, you can kill someone if you want, just not in maps that are regulated by NPC factions.

I already have armors effecting specials and skills implemented and working.

in-game radio channels hosted by NPCs are already planned, but player made stations are impossible because there's no way to broadcast voice data to multiple servers.

We're not doing power armor customization like that. It doesn't make any since lore wise since we're Following Fallout 1/2/NV lore, not Bethesda's fanfictions.

There won't be vending machines in resurgence. If you want to sell something, you have to sell it yourself, besides, most of the trading you'll be doing is to NPC merchants anyways.

War system is, again, moot because there's no rules limiting you from killing other faction members in areas that aren't Faction Regulated. If you read the whole post for resurgence, you would know this.

Crippled limbs and stat debuffs for them are already implemented and working in the gamemode.

So, I'm sorry, but all of your ideas are either going to be implemented already, or completely irrelevant and sound like Postnuke suggestions. I appreciate the suggestions, but you're thinking of this as Postnuke.

Forget everything about Postnuke/decay you know and try looking at this as a new game that's unrelated, because that's what it is.

Heey. All those sound pretty guuuud.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:17 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wendy Walsh

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:52 pm

Well bizzclaw Im glad you responded to my thing atleast. I had no idea how uninformed I was. I thought I knew but i diddent. Sorry about that. Sad But hey thats pretty gud that you responded to my claims.
Back to top Go down
Zapper3000380

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:37 pm

Forgot to ask, does actively working on Resurgence cost monies?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:54 pm

That depends. Most of the work is stuff I'm working on I'm doing it alone, but I'd like to hire help every now and then, especially for level design/mapping, so that would cost money.

Otherwise, the biggest cost for resurgence is going to be server costs. I'll need a stronger server than I'm running Postnuke/Decay on because of the multi-server thing, so I've been trying to save up money for that.
Back to top Go down
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:41 pm

Suggestion!
So the other day after I got unbanned a total noob said he wanted help, he need another person to help him with a antlion mound. I decided to help him, after following him across the entire map for 5 minutes he turns around and whips a shotgun out of his ass and blows my head off while I was typing and proceeds to yell that it was hit.(The hit ended up being invalid)

Anyway, what I am saying is that when you have a gun holstered and equipped in your inventory it should display the world model on your back.(No this suggestion is not for fallout decay)

NSFW:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:26 pm

Cherry wrote:
what I am saying is that when you have a gun holstered and equipped in your inventory it should display the world model on your back

Already implemented and working. Kotori
Players will also play an animation when equipping all weapons, much like what we have present in Decay for melee weapons, but applying to all weapons.

Also, if I delete anyone's posts in this thread, it means you asked a question already covered in the OP and I spared you from humiliating yourself.
Back to top Go down
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:58 am

I assume there will be battleground events where specific factions will be at odd with eachother, and the amount pf X opposing faction you kill will improve relations/grant rewards by the benefiting faction.

(This is not the normal hunt X and get X task im meaning literal battleground constantly fighting)

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sterben

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:03 pm

What will become of the faction system in Resurgence?

Jeff Belinger
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:48 pm

from what i was told, you'll need a high charisma score in order for you to be able to make a faction, and even then, you'll still need the perk for it as well

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:52 am

Hey, just a quick update because we're really close to the Pre-Alpha.

Making a SWEP base from scratch ended up taking a lot longer than I anticipated, especially because of all the networking and prediction (aka really pain in the ass things) to make sure it all came together well and looks good with multiple players.

I can't even begin to express my gratitude to brig, who's been helping me work on the weapons by joining me on the event server nearly every day, pointing out things that are broken, giving his opinion on things to improve the server.

All that's left before the gamemode is somewhat playable is NPC/loot spawns, melee weapons and the level up screen and the pre-alpha will be opened.

I know I said it would be ready by the end of the month, but like I said, the weapon base took a long time to make and perfect. Even though I've been spending more than 6 hours each day working on the gamemode, I'm still only one person so I might not be able to make that mark. I still have about a week at the time of posting, but I'm starting college classes now going towards a degree in computer science, so I'm not sure how that will effect my schedule.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm trying to get there, but please bare with me. Thank you.

Current Weapon features in detail in case you don't want to dig through trello

• OneGun System: there is only one "SWEP" in the gamemode, which, whenever you equip an item through the PDA, all of the weapon stats such as damage, rate of fire, ect, animations, ect change to that items information. This means I can set the information for weapons in just one place, and interface with the inventory easily.
  • Equipping/holstering animations where the weapon will show on your back.
  • All the basic stuff, aiming, shooting, reloading, duh.
  • Muzle effects and shells and weapon animations (such as a bolt or hammer sliding back) are visible on other players when looking at them shoot.
  • Different weapons are affected by different skills. Your skill with the weapon determines recoil, degradation and spread control.
  • Oh yeah, weapon degradation by the way.
  • Ammotype Swapping - put slug rounds in your shotgun or armor piercing rounds in your rifle, ammo types are not gun mods, but rather their own item, which is consumed independently of the base ammo item.
  • Interpolated bullet movement - Bullets actually travel, and they're not entities, but rather a line drawing through space returning information on what it hits, advancing and even falling a certain distance every frame.
  • laser and plasma effects.

There's a few things left to add for after alpha, like weapon mods and the like, but this is what I've finished in the last two weeks.
Back to top Go down
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:43 am

Bizzclaw wrote:
Hey, just a quick update because we're really close to the Pre-Alpha.

Making a SWEP base from scratch ended up taking a lot longer than I anticipated, especially because of all the networking and prediction (aka really pain in the ass things) to make sure it all came together well and looks good with multiple players.

I can't even begin to express my gratitude to brig, who's been helping me work on the weapons by joining me on the event server nearly every day, pointing out things that are broken, giving his opinion on things to improve the server.

All that's left before the gamemode is somewhat playable is NPC/loot spawns, melee weapons and the level up screen and the pre-alpha will be opened.

I know I said it would be ready by the end of the month, but like I said, the weapon base took a long time to make and perfect. Even though I've been spending more than 6 hours each day working on the gamemode, I'm still only one person so I might not be able to make that mark. I still have about a week at the time of posting, but I'm starting college classes now going towards a degree in computer science, so I'm not sure how that will effect my schedule.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm trying to get there, but please bare with me. Thank you.

Current Weapon features in detail in case you don't want to dig through trello

• OneGun System: there is only one "SWEP" in the gamemode, which, whenever you equip an item through the PDA, all of the weapon stats such as damage, rate of fire, ect, animations, ect change to that items information. This means I can set the information for weapons in just one place, and interface with the inventory easily.
  • Equipping/holstering animations where the weapon will show on your back.
  • All the basic stuff, aiming, shooting, reloading, duh.
  • Muzle effects and shells and weapon animations (such as a bolt or hammer sliding back) are visible on other players when looking at them shoot.
  • Different weapons are affected by different skills. Your skill with the weapon determines recoil, degradation and spread control.
  • Oh yeah, weapon degradation by the way.
  • Ammotype Swapping - put slug rounds in your shotgun or armor piercing rounds in your rifle, ammo types are not gun mods, but rather their own item, which is consumed independently of the base ammo item.
  • Interpolated bullet movement - Bullets actually travel, and they're not entities, but rather a line drawing through space returning information on what it hits, advancing and even falling a certain distance every frame.
  • laser and plasma effects.

There's a few things left to add for after alpha, like weapon mods and the like, but this is what I've finished in the last two weeks.

Now I have to put my STALKER skills to the test

any ETA(besides just Pre alpha soon(tm))? I might join back to being a regular/ slot in time, cause recently ive been playin or BDO, Bannerlord, Division 1.4 and other games. So I actually want to be able to slot in time to play.

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:30 pm

Well, I've started college now and it doesn't take up too much of my schedule like I thought it would, but we'll see. If you check the trello you'll know that all I have left is melee weapons (which are half done), npc/loot spawner and a level up screen before pre-alpha is ready.

It'll probably take me another few days to finish up the weapons, a day or so for NPC/loot spawner and a few days for the level up screen and it's backend systems... we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Sterben

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:11 pm

How long do you expect for resurgence to finally launch?

Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:28 pm

Depends on what you mean by "launch" because I plan to keep the development open while steadily adding new features.

I guess it will move from Pre-Alpha to Alpha once I'm done with a lot of the basic systems such as NPCs, the party system, weapons, ect and I'll move to beta once the features that will support multiple maps such as the world map, reputation, pvp and bounty systems are complete.

From there It will just be a matter of me adding new maps/regions, factions, weapons, ect, steadily over time for the foreseeable future.
Back to top Go down
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:20 pm

Hey, I was on the workshop and I came across this.
I think it would be a cool concept for Resurgence, just to add a little immersion.

NSFW:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:54 am

question:how will pac work and what will be the new rules for pac?

Helpful member of Fallout:Decay's Community
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:47 am

There are no rules in resurgence, however, PAC will have limitations for general players.
You will be able to use it unrestricted in your own private housing instances, but as it stands, the plan is to completely disable it in the general game world.

I have tossed around the idea of certain expensive items that would allow it's use anywhere, albeit without things like the entity/bone parts, but that's up in the air right now.
Back to top Go down

RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next