HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:55 am

so maybe limitations on what you could be in pac, like normal decay has anyways, cause ive recently learned a little more and more about pac from my break and ive also got rid of anything deathclaw related in pac, and ive gotten interested in eyebots, and i thought eyebots are cool. and then i started to think, "hey bizz was thinking about adding npc radios for resurgence", so i thought "eyebots can be the speaker/antenna/radio for radio host NPCs". then after a while, my thoughts spread farther, eyebots could be great delivery systems and if i were to be one(using pac, if an addon involving eyebots were to be added) i could get hired to be a delivery system/flaoting moving radio.  so my suggestion being: add the limitations on pac for normal players to be similar to decay, not too similar, and add eyebots, not just so i can be an eyebot through pac, but so you can solve the propbelm with radio host NPCs.

Helpful member of Fallout:Decay's Community
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigadier General Bacon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:20 am

Frankly I'm completely against letting players use pac outside the private housing server due to our players shear irresponsibility and inability to realize what is and isn't appropriate. We've had issues with pac users for years an its not worth it.

For example, the fact that your "spread out, well thought out" idea breaks every last pac rule we have.

The point of half of resurgences functions are to allow a no rules server that moderates itself. Putting pac in for public use would require us to manually moderate its use.

Although I don't agree with it, Bizzclaw and Gnomp have ballparked an idea where you can use pac, but no one can see it unless they manually whitelist you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:10 am

the only real reason you have issue with pac users is you dont let them have as much freedom as they want, now dont get me wrong, i think pac is a useful tool that can be used in the wrong way, and moderating it isnt easy, but even without moderation pac should be left to those who can really not do harm with it. like me, even though i screwed the pooch when i fought to be a deathclaw using pac, and some people used really weak arguments(I.E, using the fallout bible as canon when it was deemed uncanon). but i can always redeem myself whenever i need to. and even if pac isnt included, using eyebots as radios sounds like something achievable, especially when there are addons that have eyebots, the very addon Fallout Mutants,robot,creatures and ragdolls has 3 eyebot models, ED-E and his lonesome road clone and an default eyebot. and whitelisting sounds like a great idea, some people like me do make pacs to show off, but i can deal with not having anyone but me see my pac. and im sure there are responsible pac users, who support the idea of whitelisting.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:19 am

Or you could just play the game and not fuck around with pac so much. That would be good too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:27 am

ill have you know, ive spent alotta time on Decay doing things besides pac, i once had T-45 power armor and a assault rifle.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigadier General Bacon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:34 am

We are not adding an eyebot from an addon. James makes all that from scratch so if he decides he wants to add one he will. As for pac, that discussion is over on this thread at this time. Please don't bring it up again unless more information is released.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:26 pm

Can we get a demo video? Like the one for postnuke where buzzfeed walks around in t60 spawning npcs for like 30 minutes

EDIT: Bizzclaw*

NSFW:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:34 am

I really need to get back on track with the trello, I got sidetracked by the animation system, but hey, I ended up figuring out that I can actually make the magazines move with the player's hands when they reload, and in both third/first person respectively. I also added new running animations for weapons, so players look a lot less stiff when running around.

Anyways, I'm getting back on track, I should of probably saved all of the animation stuff until later, but the stiff running animations were really bothering me.

New Reload Anims:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41867685/sharex/pics102016/2016-10-15_12-28-54.mp4

New Running anims:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41867685/sharex/pics102016/2016-10-15_20-18-28.mp4

Weapon Condition Checking:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41867685/sharex/pics102016/2016-10-15_20-06-25.mp4

BONUS - Brig fighting broken recoil system:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41867685/sharex/pics102016/2016-10-15_21-14-30.mp4
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Zapper3000380

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:16 pm

Heyy, thats pretty good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cpt.Telion

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:16 am

These sneak peaks vids look amazing! I really like how you have the visual format of Resurgence to Fallout Decay to some degree, yet Resurgence has much more of a fallout feel! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:17 pm

DEV UPDATE

I've recently taken up the mantle of responsibility for Mapping the enviornments we'll all be using and seeing in Resurgence. I've been looking at reference material, consulting more experienced users, and just about everything in my power to strain myself to learn this process. So far, I'm coming up with promising results. The Map in the video is rather barren and all the detail you can really see is the Gazebo, but the important part about this isn't the structures, as most of the structures in Resurgence don't function like traditional Source Buildings. The main focus I went for here is experimentation with lighting which I thought came to bare rather well.

Coront and myself collaborated to make this logo for the new game, what do you all think? Opinions welcomed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cpt.Telion

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:27 pm

You can tell the big change in the new graphics for Fallout Resurgence, not to mention the logo looks great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:53 pm

new graphics? what....?

NSFW:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:37 pm

In case anyone hasn't seen it on the Trello yet, I finally finished the Bartering menu and it's necessary back-end systems. We're getting closer!
Back to top Go down
Cpt.Telion

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:47 pm

Thats pretty badass Biz, no more small parts, chems, and scrap! Looks super similar to the traditional Fallout format which everyone new and old is guaranteed to love!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:16 pm

[Moved to Resurgence Development]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:15 pm

Alright, so I finally got the world map and multi-server system done. I had to account for a lot of different states and work around them because the idea is that players stay where you leave them.

The world map is based on the classic Fallout games.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41867685/Sharex/pics012017/2017-01-14_10-55-00.mp4

you can travel to different regions by clicking on a position to move too, moving over a region will allow you to load in to that region.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41867685/Sharex/pics012017/2017-01-14_10-30-04.mp4

Anyways here's what I accounted for:

The only way to exit the game safely right now is to disconnect in a town/safe zone or to disconnect while in the "world map"

Loading a character who was in the world map or who logged safely (on a different map than the server you joined) will simply open the world map with your world-map cursor over the region you logged out on.

Loading a character who was in the world map or who logged out safely (on a different map than the server you joined) will simply open the world map with your world-map cursor over the region you logged out on.

Loading in to a region in the world map will save a variable on the SQL server indicating that the player should skip character selection and load directly in to their last character, as they will connect to the different server running their desired map.

When loading in to a region, depending on the position of your cursor, you will load in to a different map exit point on the server. Likewise, your cursor position will be set depending on which point on the map you exit on. Some regions have impassible barriers going through them, forcing you to load in to the map, go through it and come out the other side

If a player disconnects in an un-safe area, it will spawn an NPC that looks exactly like them at their position and stay there for up to five minutes and can be killed and drop the players items.

I made the NPC do jumping jacks because why not.

This should discourage combat logging..
(Hello trooper Logan)

If you try to connect to a different server, loading that character will simply reconnect you to the last server you where on, force loading you in to that character without prompting selection (you already selected it technically)

Good thing this gamemode loads so quickly...

anyways, there's a lot of complex stuff with this world map. I need to take a break....
Next I need to do random encounters. Oh boy.
Back to top Go down
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:19 pm

I like the jumping jacks

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:08 pm

Opsan wrote:
I like the jumping jacks

same, i do jumping jacks to school and all the girls love me

NSFW:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Mon May 15, 2017 5:31 am

Hey guys, im still alive, also sorry for the necro, but i'd like to ask a few questions rq.

I remember us talking about static vs dynamic NPC factions, and although you said no promises about dynamic factions theres a lot of talk (Caravans, etc) that there will be "roaming" factions or factions that send out roving people. In this case, will there ever be a moment when two NPC factions meet up and fight? like a caravan gets ambushed by a group of bandits or a big town sends out a scouting party that gets attacked by a rival faction or something. Also, will there be a faction strength/control stat? Like say a certain faction owns multiple towns or facilities, will they have better gear, or will it just be static, like the NCR (Using it as an example here) will always have better gear than somewhere like, Sunnyside Village?

This raises another question, Will NPCs ever try to raid/take over facilities? This could be a way to keep player factions in check so they dont just own every single factory during the downtimes when only 10-30 people are on, and keep the map looking sparsely controlled unless the faction is actively defending it. Speaking of this, since a faction wont always have 20 people on to guard/run a facility, Will there be an option to recruit/enslave NPCs? I know we've been briefly over this about the mercenaries and using robots instead, but the robots are very expensive and only the best factions would have enough, plus they cause lots of lag. Im talking more a long the lines of NPC guards that are just good enough to make sure the slaves are in check, but under any serious assault would lose. Factions could employ these guards/slaves/workers to keep the production line going even if most of the members are off and the facility is too understaffed to run. The slaves would not work nearly as well as humans, less skill and much longer to make things. The guards would also have much less health than regular players, and would die very easily as well.

Another question, how would faction reputation between NPCs and players be handled? Would it be an average of all the players, a whole new set of rep that affects the players in the factions rep, or just no special rep and the NPCs react based on personal player rep? If you plan to use faction rep, you could have a few more interesting events happen, such as if the favor is low that faction might raid the player facility more often and with greater force, or if its high they might send squads to protect it or sell mercenaries/slaves for cheaper.

And finally, bringing me back to dynamic factions, would it be possible to wipe out a faction or will it just be strength based, or will NPC factions play a VERY minimalistic role? Say for example the town of sunnyview or whatever is attacked by supermutants or bandits or what have you, and everyone is killed. Will the town be taken over by the attacking party, or will they just leave and decrease the strength (which would affect the gear of the townsfolk as well as the variety of goods they sell) and everyone respawns, or would everyone just respawn like nothing happened until all the attackers died or got bored and left? Of course some of the static factions would never die or drop below a certain strength, but like, the NPC factions that are just random and fill up towns in the map or are roving caravans, if they got destroyed and recreated and such the reputation system would be a little moot for them. But it would also allow players to come in and clear out a town of NPCs if they want to make it a private town or want to take it over or something. Also, it could work so that a player could raid and destroy a caravan and take lots of loot without losing so much reputation with that faction it can never trade again.

Anyway, these are just some thoughts, like making multiple different bandit/town/caravan factions that would war eachother or players, and have the ability to be wiped out if they arent careful, as well as increasing their overall equipment if they capture and control factories and facilities. Im not really sure where all this could fit in since its a multiplayer game, but I think it would be fun to wander right smack into the middle of a firefight in the middle of the desert, or find yourself in a bar or on the road bartering with a caravan thats just been attacked by a group of bandits and taken over.

#FreeMikeSimms:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Mon May 15, 2017 10:57 am

this thread is ok to bring back, it's the designated thread for this sort of thing Block, so you're not necroing. you bring some good questions, but at the moment, I think everything is up in the air for now.

those are some cool ideas

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nico13x
Ban

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Mon May 15, 2017 9:42 pm

Add some sort of basing system and raiding system so you can make the server alot better.

the return of an angry child:

good job:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198072923291#
LejonSnax

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Mon May 15, 2017 9:47 pm

Add some sort of baiting system :^}

Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Mon May 15, 2017 10:07 pm

Woo finally figured out how to log on as mobile lol. Anyway, I disagree with firescale, I think that the raiding system should be done away with. Since the new maps will have their own PvP rules and stuff, I think it should be like if a player dies in a raid or something they can come back with a stat penalty. And the more they die the worse the penalties, and if they die in the same area the stat penalties will be worse, to the point a player would become completely useless in a raid or defense.

As for lejon, don't say you know baiting unless you know who this is ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anyhow, I'm glad that some people are supporting my ideas, I didn't know how well they'd be received since they're kind of more single player based, but it definitely would add more RP elements, and this kind of game mode seems that once you hit a certain level the only real combat experience you will have is pvp, and I know a lot of people averse to PvP but will do player vs AI humans, but that's just a thought lol.

#FreeMikeSimms:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue May 16, 2017 10:00 am

there won't be any building in resurgence, the toolgun, the gravgun and physgun will only be available to GMs

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile

RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next