HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Evilsweetblock2
Ban

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:18 pm

More things should drop suitcases! I wuv suitcases <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: Price
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:28 pm

shhhh.. nobody tell Evilsweet the new gamemode is actually gonna be based on fallout!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetblock2
Ban

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:48 pm

There should still be Conglomerates, and Suitcases. Lots of suitcases. Make ghouls drop suitcases :3 Make Raiders/neutral/friendly NPCs drop suitcases :3 Make everything drop suitcases >:3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rev

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:26 pm

Evilsweetblock2 wrote:
There should still be Conglomerates, and Suitcases. Lots of suitcases. Make ghouls drop suitcases :3 Make Raiders/neutral/friendly NPCs drop suitcases :3 Make everything drop suitcases >:3

And don't forget not to make Mike Simms drop suitcases! That's a main game-play aspect!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetblock2
Ban

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:31 am

Yes Rev, I always drop suitcases, even if suitcases are removed, I will pay someone to make a pac that adds a suitcase to my corpse on death. Suitcase.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:59 am

On death all limbs get converted into suitcases and explode

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chess
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:15 am

Add some suitcase fashion. Let people choose their suitcase model abs flaunt them like the special snowflakes they aspire to be.
But srsly, weapon mods on energy weapons would be bretty nice.

Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:02 pm

Chess wrote:
This.

I need muh energy weapon mods. If they're in the new gamemode, make them only craftable via  whatever you use to craft energy weapons in the new gamemode
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetblock2
Ban

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Opsan wrote:
On death all limbs get converted into suitcases and explode
Yes.

Chess1 wrote:
Add some suitcase fashion. Let people choose their suitcase model abs flaunt them like the special snowflakes they aspire to be.

Double Yes.

@Cawrunt Sorry sir, your picture of gabe is of the inaccurate! when it says "H4LF LIF3" it should say H4LF LIF2" because there is no 3.
No.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:36 pm

Crafting will be present and it will be more complex in resurgence, but it won't play a major role in the game, at least not as major as it does in PostnukeRP, which is based on crafting at it's core. In order to craft anything that complex such as pristine energy weapon mods, your faction will have to own a factory/plant that can produce high profile materials; A lot of the in-game tools seen in PostnukeRP now are going to be replaced by capturable bases in the new gamemode which carry out and equivalent function. This is to try and encourage conflict between factions as certain factions will take control of different points and fight over control of others. (Think the Hoover Dam in Fallout New Vegas)

Otherwise, you can just I dunno... Loot the mods from dungeons. Razz

masterskull2 wrote:
I think that some craftable items like meds or ammo should have a quality that's based on the player that crafted it's skill. Like medkits that are made by a scientist with high skill should heal more,  and crappy ammo made by a low level engi  tend to jam your gun and wear it out. This would introduce a different prices in the player market for the quality of goods, because lets face it, the current economy is just based on who sells it cheaper.
I actually didn't think of this, but it would certainly be possible in the new gamemode with the inventory system I've made so far.

Also, I just want to reiterate because a lot of people keep throwing words around like "Scientists can do x", "this thing should be raidable", "suitcases" and "Scavenge for resources". For resurgence, throw everything you know about PostnukeRP out of the window in regards to this gamemode. It's a completely different game, honestly sharing more in common with Fallout 3/NV in terms of a lot of it's gameplay aspects such as crafting, looting, chem usage, weapon usage, equipment, ect. Suggestions that sound more like ideas for the current postnuke will be removed. (I'm looking at you evilsweetblock)

Tactical Bacon wrote:
What will the PvP maps be like?
Foggy maps with lots of cover like rp_pripyat. (think the part in the fallout 4 trailer with the Deathclaw) The last thing I want is for gameplay to deteriorate to sniping people across the map with high-powered sniper rifles.

Also Citadels are impossible, they would be have to built into the map as the only citadel model in Gmod is very small and has no interior, a full blown one wouldn't fit in the game, and there will be other bases people can own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Rev

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:05 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
Crafting will be present and it will be more complex in resurgence, but it won't play a major role in the game, at least not as major as it does in PostnukeRP, which is based on crafting at it's core. In order to craft anything that complex such as pristine energy weapon mods, your faction will have to own a factory/plant that can produce high profile materials; A lot of the in-game tools seen in PostnukeRP now are going to be replaced by capturable bases in the new gamemode which carry out and equivalent function. This is to try and encourage conflict between factions as certain factions will take control of different points and fight over control of others. (Think the Hoover Dam in Fallout New Vegas)

Otherwise, you can just I dunno... Loot the mods from dungeons. Razz

masterskull2 wrote:
I think that some craftable items like meds or ammo should have a quality that's based on the player that crafted it's skill. Like medkits that are made by a scientist with high skill should heal more,  and crappy ammo made by a low level engi  tend to jam your gun and wear it out. This would introduce a different prices in the player market for the quality of goods, because lets face it, the current economy is just based on who sells it cheaper.
I actually didn't think of this, but it would certainly be possible in the new gamemode with the inventory system I've made so far.

Also, I just want to reiterate because a lot of people keep throwing words around like "Scientists can do x", "this thing should be raidable", "suitcases" and "Scavenge for resources". For resurgence, throw everything you know about PostnukeRP out of the window in regards to this gamemode. It's a completely different game, honestly sharing more in common with Fallout 3/NV in terms of a lot of it's gameplay aspects such as crafting, looting, chem usage, weapon usage, equipment, ect. Suggestions that sound more like ideas for the current postnuke will be removed. (I'm looking at you evilsweetblock)

Tactical Bacon wrote:
What will the PvP maps be like?
Foggy maps with lots of cover like rp_pripyat. (think the part in the fallout 4 trailer with the Deathclaw) The last thing I want is for gameplay to deteriorate to sniping people across the map with high-powered sniper rifles.

Also Citadels are impossible, they would be have to built into the map as the only citadel model in Gmod is very small and has no interior, a full blown one wouldn't fit in the game, and there will be other bases people can own.

Loving of all of this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:56 pm

I dont know if someone mentioned this, but i would like to see a more expansive faction system, where we can decide what powers within a faction one might have, and the ability to create our own ranks, not just titles.

Evilsweetblock2
Ban

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:09 pm

WOAH WOAH WOAH! You mean tell me that instead of dropping suitcases, I can 'e' on someones corpse and take their shit?!!?!?! EVEN BETTER!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:04 pm

Spartan574 wrote:
I dont know if someone mentioned this, but i would like to see a more expansive faction system, where we can decide what powers within a faction one might have, and the ability to create our own ranks, not just titles.

It's planned for you to make as many ranks as you want for your faction and you can specify what privileges that faction rank has.
Back to top Go down
Gamerchef

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:23 pm

A suggestion...
Why should raiders have all the fun in the wasteland when the gangsters are around!

The wasteland gangsters act, talk, and dress just like a prohibition era gangster. Their weapons of choice would include... pistols, smgs, shotguns, laser RCWs, baseball bats, brass knuckles, switchblades, and Aks. They would be very organized in what they do in the family and they're actions in the wasteland. There maybe times when a lower rank gangster may want to climb the ranks with force, and that does happen sometimes.

What I'm trying to get is, could you please add in some business clothes and more weapons in the Resurgence gamemode, just so myself and others could make gangster factions that could fight each other for drug wars, business wars, or just good ol control for the wasteland.

If you do that would be awesome.

Fade Attano
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:44 am

Can we get bomb vests would go good with raids strap them on a slave make them run in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:25 am

Bomb Vests, seriously?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
masterskull2

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:04 pm

Idk about bomb vests, but bomb collars wouldn't be a terrible idea. If slavery is a lagit way to run these bases to produce recourses, you'll need extra help to keep them in line other than just rp. With collars you might also need nonlethal ways to incapacitate players to get the collars on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:49 pm

I don't know about "Bomb Vests", but there will be armors that have high explosive Damage Threshold, but they won't be a "bomb vests".

masterskull2 wrote:
Idk about bomb vests, but bomb collars wouldn't be a terrible idea. If slavery is a lagit way to run these bases to produce recourses, you'll need extra help to keep them in line other than just rp. With collars you might also need nonlethal ways to incapacitate players to get the collars on.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
CaptnSmurf

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:35 pm

Are we gonna be able to tie people up?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlankJones
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:51 pm

Non suggestion:
How goes progress currently? (yes I'm still alive, I got a job and then lost it and then minecraft/skyrim happened)

Suggestion:
Maybe some type of Guard NPC? Shoots only at factions you're at war with. Might just help with immersion and cowardly raids, I mean if you're a strong faction, wouldn't there be people in the base guarding?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Frost

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:17 pm

BlankJones wrote:
Maybe some type of Guard NPC? Shoots only at factions you're at war with.
I like that idea +support
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetblock2
Ban

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:07 pm

What if like, there were mercenary NPCs you could hire to do shit for you? That would be fun...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:30 pm

Why rely on NPC's when you can simply hire a player via roleplay?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:49 pm

BlankJones wrote:
Non suggestion:
How goes progress currently? (yes I'm still alive, I got a job and then lost it and then minecraft/skyrim happened)

Suggestion:
Maybe some type of Guard NPC? Shoots only at factions you're at war with. Might just help with immersion and cowardly raids, I mean if you're a strong faction, wouldn't there be people in the base guarding?

This is actually already implemented in the current postnuke.

Back to top Go down

RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next