HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
BlankJones
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:26 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
BlankJones wrote:
Non suggestion:
How goes progress currently? (yes I'm still alive, I got a job and then lost it and then minecraft/skyrim happened)

Suggestion:
Maybe some type of Guard NPC? Shoots only at factions you're at war with. Might just help with immersion and cowardly raids, I mean if you're a strong faction, wouldn't there be people in the base guarding?

This is actually already implemented in the current postnuke.

Very true! Although I was thinking something that anyone could create for maybe some type of upkeep cost (like mercenaries) cheap enough to buy in "bulk" but easy enough to destroy from an organized attack. Besides a base full of humans is more likely than a base full of expensive war machines
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:15 pm

BlankJones wrote:
Very true! Although I was thinking something that anyone could create for maybe some type of upkeep cost (like mercenaries) cheap enough to buy in "bulk" but easy enough to destroy from an organized attack. Besides a base full of humans is more likely than a base full of expensive war machines.

Player factions that are based upon the Mercenary Business.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlankJones
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:56 pm

Gnomp wrote:
BlankJones wrote:
Very true! Although I was thinking something that anyone could create for maybe some type of upkeep cost (like mercenaries) cheap enough to buy in "bulk" but easy enough to destroy from an organized attack. Besides a base full of humans is more likely than a base full of expensive war machines.

Player factions that are based upon the Mercenary Business.

Which that would help in roleplay, agree'd. Though assuming people can roleplay correctly xD

Hmm .. what if they were sellable like melons so players can have a mercenary captain class? :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:45 pm

BlankJones wrote:
Which that would help in roleplay, agree'd. Though assuming people can roleplay correctly xD

Hmm .. what if they were sellable like melons so players can have a mercenary captain class? :3

Classes are no longer present in Resurgence, and systems in place will literally force players to roleplay.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gamerchef

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:48 am

A question for Bizzclaw. How many maps will there be in the new gamemode you're creating? Can you put /roll in for gambling rp? Will there be rules that will allow raiders and mafia factions to be created? And last, will you ever put in Deathclaws into the wasteland just so people could shut the f*** up about safeland? Thanks.

Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:05 am

I don't know exactly how many maps we'll be using, but the minimum is four due to the systems I'm working on, although it will probably end up being more than that because I want to make sure there's a good balance when it comes to map danger levels. In the more dangerous maps, PVP will be unmoderated by NPCs, so having a raider/bandit faction will surely be possible.

As for adding a role I might simply because why not, it's not hard.
Also I'm not giving any word on what mutants will spawn in the wasteland, but there will be some familiar monsters and some new ones.

Funny you should ask about the NPCs, I'm actually working on the spawning system right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:39 am

Cool stuff as always.

Ban

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:38 pm

Will there be skill levels that level up as you use them, allowing you to make more stuff/better stuff?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:55 pm

Evilsweetblock2 wrote:
Will there be skill levels that level up as you use them, allowing you to make more stuff/better stuff?

The system is too complicated to cover in one response post. Although, the short answer to your question would be a simple "Yes". The new system could be considered a "Tree".

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:58 pm

Gnomp wrote:
The system is too complicated to cover in one response post. Although, the short answer to your question would be a simple "Yes". The new system could be considered a "Tree".

Fallout tree confirmed.

Ban

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:21 pm

K, I remembered:
Upgradable robots. Like, if you craft a Protectron/Sentry Bot, you can find components to upgrade them, I.E. To make a Crafted Protectron into like, a level 2 protectron with more health and more damage and such, you'd need x science materials, x science skills/engineering skills/repair skills, and then you can upgrade it. Also, you should be able to paint them, so that people will know what that robot is for, or just to give it your special team color.

Also, breedable + Tamable animals would be really cool, like if you find a dog or cow in the wastes you can tame it and then kill it for meat and hide or for the dog train it to be a retriever (Would bring you random items after a certain time) or a Guard dog.

Last edited by Evilsweetblock2 on Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I remembered!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masterskull2

PostSubject: Too Rich For Reality   Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:29 am

Not a topic anybody talks or even thinks about, but still very important for the wellbeing of the server.

The issue of inflation, or whatever the correct term for it is, but the point is, eventually almost all the veteran players get too damn rich. And it doesn’t even make sense for everyone but newer players to be running around in power armor. Some people even have many, MANY sets of expensive power armor just lying around.  And with the creation of the new game mode I see a chance to fix that.

Resurgence needs one or more systems to be put in place to take items out of the economy. Right now if you die, your items still go to someone else and make them richer, or even if you break them down, nothing ever just goes away. With the new condition system for weapons and such the possibility of breaking equipment takes these items out of the system and somewhat keeps everyone from getting uber rich and powerful.

Although the breaking weapons would help the problem it may not be enough. Although it may be and unpopular option, a system that occasionally removes items from showing up in death cases altogether would also take value out of the economy. An explanation (rp wise) is that the item might be broken beyond repair and unrecoverable.

Systems like these would make death a lot more meaningful. Even if your buddies get your case your still going to be at a loss. There would also have to be logs of the lost items as to make them easily refundable for ridiculous or random deaths that shouldn’t have happened in the first place.

Of course these systems wouldn’t make it impossible for factions to get as powerful as they are now, just a lot harder and with more work. But nonetheless, I feel it’s an important issue that might not be on anyone’s mind and needed to be brought up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetblock2
Ban

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:12 am

Quote :
Not a topic anybody talks or even thinks about, but still very important for the wellbeing of the server.

The issue of inflation, or whatever the correct term for it is, but the point is, eventually almost all the veteran players get too damn rich. And it doesn’t even make sense for everyone but newer players to be running around in power armor. Some people even have many, MANY sets of expensive power armor just lying around.  And with the creation of the new game mode I see a chance to fix that.

Resurgence needs one or more systems to be put in place to take items out of the economy. Right now if you die, your items still go to someone else and make them richer, or even if you break them down, nothing ever just goes away. With the new condition system for weapons and such the possibility of breaking equipment takes these items out of the system and somewhat keeps everyone from getting uber rich and powerful.

Although the breaking weapons would help the problem it may not be enough. Although it may be and unpopular option, a system that occasionally removes items from showing up in death cases altogether would also take value out of the economy. An explanation (rp wise) is that the item might be broken beyond repair and unrecoverable.

Systems like these would make death a lot more meaningful. Even if your buddies get your case your still going to be at a loss. There would also have to be logs of the lost items as to make them easily refundable for ridiculous or random deaths that shouldn’t have happened in the first place.

Of course these systems wouldn’t make it impossible for factions to get as powerful as they are now, just a lot harder and with more work. But nonetheless, I feel it’s an important issue that might not be on anyone’s mind and needed to be brought up.

This is a great idea but, many people will not like this idea due to the fact 'we wanna be rich cus we tried harder and been on longer and excuses' So, I think we should improve on this idea by adding this instead: The higher the items worth, the more durability it loses on death. Say, you die, and in your case, all of your items will lose durability. I.E. if you have a crappy shotgun at 85% and you die, it'll go down to say, 70-75%. But if you have a hardsuit and you die, the durability will drop from 85% to, I dunno, 40%. That way, people can still lose expensive items from death (Dropping below 0% from death) and such, but it will also hard press people to spend valuable resources keeping that item in good condition, so death does not permanently remove it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
✺Flamingpotato✺

PostSubject: Building ideas   Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:15 am

I currently would like to see a way for future raiding to make more sense. If you are to be raided it can last hours at times in my case 2 to 3 hours. The raiding party I have seen camp at my damn door and make it so even if I was about to disconnected I would have to stay or be banned for combat logging. The endless cycle of reviving after they die also happens, even though there is a timer for being revived again they take their time to raid so they can sometimes be revived again and again. If a raider is to win a raid they can spend up to an hour in my base in the past also even if they can't steal anything including the base since its props possibly(I was told you can raid and steal buildings from an admin a while back that took my base) I would like them to announce in someway they left since you don't want to enter if they in there still are since nlr also since they would kill you again(happend to me since they wanted the base).

Building currently i would like to see improvement since many guns can easily shoot through the walls in world buildings and the wasteland radar allows you to be accurate with it(If you think it doesn't happen it happens in almost all my raids they keep trying to test my walls). I currently build phx prop bases since they are the only thing big enough and thick enough to be safe not against explosions still though since the dam splash damage.

What I would like to be implemented currently into the next game mode is at most 30 min raid timer or a way to gauge the amount of doors and decide time based off that so it does not become impossible to raid a gigantic base.

I would also like to see a way to at least counter-act a wasteland radar in a raid so they can pin point locations of people but, improving walls and adding better building facilities would be nice.

1 vs 39 if it ever happens again re-add grenades please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetblock2
Ban

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:45 pm

@FlamingPotato

I would think thats more of a siege than a raid, just camping outside your base waiting xP. But anyhow, I think that Sieges should be allowed, but only on facilities, bases made with props and such should not be allowed to be sieged, but instead the raiders have a set time of either 30 mins to an hour to get in, take dat d@nk loot, leave, or the raid is over. But if the building has map spawned useful stuff, like stuff you use for science or building ammo, you could 'siege' it, which would basically be what they did to you: Camping outside, revving dead guys, keeping supplies from entering the base, it would be a good tactic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masterskull2

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:23 am

One thing i thought would be a nice addition, athough not absolutly needed, would be server wide events that would last long periods of time.

Events not at all what we would think off as events with combine and shooting. no more like subtle long lasting conditions to the server that would change the pace of play.

examples:
Food shortages, food items are not as easaly found while scavanging and would be harder to come by. This event would, for while it lasts, put more value on the people while food oriented skills.

More frequent fallout storms(or resurgence equivalent) than there normaly are. Such an event would put more enphasis on prevending and treating radiatio, as well as adequate shelters from the storms.

increase in raider or other hostile npc attacks on outposts and such. Would make more of a need of hiring security for outposts and towns from npc invations.

these are just some of my ideas off the top of my head, but im sure many more could be thought up. the point of these is for each period of time, weather it be a few days or a week or even longer, it changes the main focus of people's survival tactics and play styles. Ultimately these events would keep things fresh and ever changing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetblock2
Ban

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:58 am

What I think would be a cool idea is if the town has NPC guards, like, as Masterskull said, NPC raiders would attack occasionally. Of course, they would probably die due to player help, but it would circulate shit loot into the economy for lower level players, due to NPCs dropping the equivalent of a suitcase.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetblock2
Ban

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:55 am

Question: Do you guis plan to incorporate the SPECIAL thing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masterskull2

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:17 pm

On the topic of utility skills, (if they haven't already been added) this is the way i think they ought to work.

Skills like medicine or weapons maintenance can be used after getting the appropriate skill in the "tree" (previously confirmed), these skills all give you utility xp to upgrade these skills or get new utility skills. But, unlike the current medicine skill they require items to use the skills. these items can need to be crafted or found based on the skill in question. items like spare weapon parts that are consumed to repair weapons, or a doctors bag that uses durability of the bag when used. that way there is no way to simply spam a free healing button to get xp using medicine.

These kinds of skills would open of new trade opportunities in the game such as clinics that actually charge people for healing, or gun salesmen buying broken or worn out guns to strip them for parts to be used in repairs.

And the level of you have in theses skills would of course make them more efficient. higher weapon maintenance would yield more spare parts from striping guns. higher experienced doctors can get more use out of a doctor's bag and heal more serious injuries.

Just my two cents on how it might work. all just suggestions. for all i know this may be how its already being planned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gamerchef

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:00 pm

Hey Bizzclaw got another question for you, what will dungeons be like, and will the new player dungeons have low level stuff, while the more deadlier maps have more greater loot?

One more, will there be a creature that's Garfield and keeps saying 'I hate Mondays' while lasagna comes out of his mouth and flys towards players?

If you answer these I'll try and donate even more money in the future, thx bby.

UPDATE: Thx for the reply Bizzclaw-senpai.

Last edited by Gamerchef on Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : thx for reply)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:45 pm

Yes, no.
You owe me money.

Anyways masterskull, this is what I plan to do. I've actually already programmed the server side back-end for the combat/utility experience system. I just need to get some placeholder menus done now and get it tested. I'll try and post screenshots when I can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Evilsweetblock2
Ban

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:00 pm

Since there is no longer any resources as set money, you should add 3-5 misc items that people will trade for money (I.E. Casings, Old World Money, Bottle Caps)

Also; why u no reply my suggestions/questions? ;-; why u no lurve meeeeee ;-;-;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masterskull2

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:25 pm

As Evilsweetblock2 suggested, with different forms of currency. I'm thinking a different approach would be to have item that have no use other than to have value. I.E "loot items" similar to the already added old world money. but the loot item ought to have a more concrete values, with however you might do that.

people should actually trade these loot items while trading for other things unlike the old world money that doesn't see much action.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetblock2
Ban

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:54 am

The reason OW Money didn't see much action was the fact it had no use at all, It could not be broken down, it was somewhat easily findable, and we didn't need a new currency system. But now that resources are removed, the economy will go into one of two phases: Bartering useful crafting goods, or some form of moderately hard to find useless items, depending on RP and such.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sif Green
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:26 am

No more Barret 50 cal.

RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next