HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:50 am

Most weapons will have pretty bad accuracy making it very difficult to hit enemies across the map. This is a mechanic Fallout uses and while their will be weapons that don't suffer from this, but they and their ammo will be very rare, probably only attainable as a rare from from very dangerous dungeons.

The idea is that you'll want to save the weapon and it's ammunition for very particular reasons, and you won't want to be blowing it on trying to snipe Enclave Patrols (Although if you will, they'll snipe back with guass weaponry)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Nightmare
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:36 pm

Hey guys its me im in basic right now i know this isnt the place to post but im short on time... wanted to say hey to everyone i miss you all and im going to be home in 3 weeks so dont worry...

James keep up the good work ill be checking on this fourm when i can so reply to me here...

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:26 pm

Sif Green wrote:
No more Barret 50 cal.

Why not?

Also will be there a custom ammo like ammo piercing, hollow point and incendiary, like we used from the old days customizable weapons.

EX-Staff Member, I was demoted because I choose over anime and reading light novels than to play Fallout Decay for a long time, in other words, being inactive for all eternity that's the reason, folks!
See how many anime I finish!
See how many Light Novel I finish!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:14 am

Nightmare wrote:
Hey guys its me im in basic right now i know this isnt the place to post but im short on time... wanted to say hey to everyone i miss you all and im going to be home in 3 weeks so dont worry...

James keep up the good work ill be checking on this fourm when i can so reply to me here...

Alright, it's good to hear from you. You haven't really missed much other then that I've added a new loading screen, but then again what do I know? I'm always coding. xD
Back to top Go down
Nightmare
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:23 pm

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:26 pm

So Bizzclaw, any updates on Resurgence? Also will there be future updates that include fallout 4 items, armors, etc, after Resurgence comes out?

Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:27 pm

I've been considering porting models from Fallout 4, but that might attract too much legal attention. I've noticed that bethesda doesn't care to much when stuff form their older games is used, but when someone uploaded the skyrim NPCs to the workshop, they were eventually taken down without warning. Maybe I'll try reaching out to Bethesda and actually asking their permission, but that isn't really relevant until after the game comes out.

Now, on the topic of actually making the gamemode. I haven't been very open about development, but that's because I'm working on a lot of backend things. I am making a gamemode from scratch after all, still, I haven't been working on it as regularly as I could during the break, I'm having a hard time letting Postnuke go and I've been putting a bit too much in to it when I should be working on resurgence instead(IE, the poison system I just added). Also, I've honestly been taking it easy for the most part the past few months.

I haven't really had a break in a really long time, so I've been playing games more than making them for the first time since 2012, which is really refreshing. Believe it or not, but I actually find working on things during school/college terms easier because unlike during summer/breaks, I'm not in a lazy mindset.

Anyways, if you'd like to know anything new about resurgence, well I'll say one thing for now, as yesterday I started working on a new melee system. Unlike the current one which just shoots a bunch of traces in-front of the player's screen, I'm experimenting with ways to make what you see of the weapon actually hit what it, well, hits. Yesterday I decided to do some work and made the foundation (and it works) of a very complex physical based melee system, similar to how games like Dark Souls works. I'll upload some pictures/gifs when I get the time I suppose, but hopefully it will add some nice depth to the melee in the game, as I really want to expand the things players can do in melee combat. So far, the plan is to add a sort of dodging/rolling mechanic. Those of you who dabble with PAC already have seen the rolling animation, so that will actually have a use.
Back to top Go down
Gamerchef

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:46 pm

You're doing a great work man, I hope you get a lot more rest so you can feel better and work hard on the gamemode. I'll always be rooting for you.

GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:21 am

Bizzclaw wrote:
It will be container based, meaning instead of eating cars, you'll have to open up their inventory and collect the scrap metal from them manually.
i dont know, that kinda makes it harder for players to live during scavenging, as others love to kill unsuspecting noobs, from a fallout player's perspective, unless you add some slow motion time zoning or something, i don't know, the stuff i usually come up with sounds good but doesn't work well. but if you need and more features from fallout, like the container feature, hit me up with a pm, and ill try to remember the features in fallout 3,new vegas, and 4.

Helpful member of Fallout:Decay's Community
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:31 am

Coront wrote:
And a few things i'd like to see, so I could use em in events would be certain mobs that don't spawn normally- like super mutants. Maybe robo-brains and hostile protectrons and sentries. I'd love to have some of the special ghouls added- things like The Overseer and Vault Security ghouls. Maybe some Lobotomites and Ghost People.
or special npc stuff, where you find this npc, help him, and get a reward, like quests. i can see it happening, a fully-fledged questing system, as most people are already doing RP quests so i can see that being turned into a good system, it would help the people who have to scavenge to sell stuff in their vendors get stuff a lot easier. on a more detailed perspective, i would like to see npc patrols, since lots of the big factions have members who could patrol, and say, this ncr ranger gets attacked, you help him, you get favor with the ncr. basically a part of a bigger faction reputation system.
Coront wrote:
lukevader wrote:
I was thinking white flames turn into Nuka cola quantums and have a rare chance to spawn into the wasteland and give you 100xp or less.
if bizz is planning on a container system, you could find quantoms in a nuka-cola vendor, perhaps?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
neo_child

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:03 am

Coront wrote:
Ghostly, this is the last time I warn you about breaking forum rules.

Not only did you double post, but you ALSO necro'd a six month old rage quit thread. Doing so again will result in a ban from the forums. (Double posting in reports is fine as it's impossible to edit your own posts there due to problems we've had with people editing their appeals and what they've said to seem like they're not lying/being a dick)

Efex has already apologized for this and is once again a member of the community. Please check the dates on threads before replying to them.

GhostlyGhoul wrote:
oops sorry, i just woke up when i first saw the thread, silly me, i didn't see the date. i'll try not to post on six month old threads

That was from your post 12 hours ago (as of this post)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warandally
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:22 am

I actually wanted to bump this one and forgot to, but PLEASE ghostly, look at the time stamps BEFORE you post, it's not at all hard to do that. Now, I was going to bump this so all the new players know what we're talking about when we say "New gamemode"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:40 am

i will look at the labels next time, and youre welcome for bumping this. to be honest can you tell me when its too old to post, cause i looked at this thread's label and i literally thought "oh its only a year old, so im sure i can post". i didnt think year old threads were old enough where posts would be considered necro-ing a thread

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Noodlers

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:29 am

Even a little less than a month is a long time to necro a post.

http://www.frostburnt.com/t3643-caramelldansen-is-our-savoir
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:31 am

wow

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:50 am

Calm down guys, this is a stickied post. It's still relevant and I appreciate the feedback for this no matter how long it's been.
GhostlyGhoul wrote:

i dont know, that kinda makes it harder for players to live during scavenging, as others love to kill unsuspecting noobs, from a fallout player's perspective, unless you add some slow motion time zoning or something, i don't know, the stuff i usually come up with sounds good but doesn't work well. but if you need and more features from fallout, like the container feature, hit me up with a pm, and ill try to remember the features in fallout 3,new vegas, and 4.

One way I could see this being avoided is to replicate Fallout 4's live-looting system maybe.
Back to top Go down
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:10 pm

@Bizzclaw that is what i meant by slowing time or something.
Lukevader wrote:
I was thinking white flames turn into Nuka cola quantums and have a rare chance to spawn into the wasteland and give you 100xp or less.
I was thinking of turning white flames into something, but finding nuka cola quantoms in vendors, much like fallout 4, is probably more close to home. maybe we could turn white flames into fusion cores. and im glad this was relevant, i knew in my heart it was. i was also thinking of a companion system, where say i could get a dog or a cat, or a eyebot and add on a little robotic building,like the first dlc for fallout 4,automatron. but limit both of these extensively, making it like only two companions per player, but one must be used and the other could be a backup, same with the robots, to make it not too hard but just difficult to the point where its actually like a lawless wasteland. and i love the idea of the more fleshed out skill system,but instead of fallout's a perk every couple of levels, i was thing traits and perks, traits could be gotten every ten levels,10,20,30,etc. but perks coud be gained every 5 and some perks require you to have certain traits or like fallout 3 and new vegas, some perks could only be accept if, say your agility was <2 or>5, or your perception is 10, and make it so some perks increase these special skills, like gun nut(from fallout 4)could increase your perception(looking down iron signs or scopes),strength(you got to keep weapons stable) , and weapon accuracy/damage(gun nut doesnt really do these, but commando/wild west/rifleman perks do).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:17 pm

Hey, just want to clear a few things, if you could answer them.

Will there be NPC factions, who will they mainly be, and will they be dynamic?
If there are going to be NPC factions, I'd suggest NCR; Bandits/Raiders; Super Mutants; Conglomerates (I know its PNRP but come on, conglos are you're own thing, dont just throw em out! they're the trademark of your server); Enclave maybe, etc

Also, by dynamic NPCs, I mean will they act like factions trying to survive instead of just people standing around guarding places? Like in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Skies, factions will constantly move around, capturing places, and fighting eachother. I think that if there are NPC factions, they should fight over strongholds and outposts, the same thing actual people are fighting over. They could kill eachother of attack humans, and if you're lucky you might find a skirmish in the wasteland and get some stuff. But idk, thats just me, I really think dynamic factions would be awesome.

Also, will there be a faction rep? Like you'd start off friendly with the NCR, and hostile with bandits/supermutants, but every time you break the rules by killing people or NCR or stealing, you'd lose rep for the NCR but gain rep for the bandits, and if you killed bandits or super mutants you'd get rep for NCR but against bandits. I think this is a good idea because if someone f*cks up and kills a bunch of people or NCR and becomes at 'war' with them, they can have a secondary faction to spawn in instead of just spawning in the wasteland.

#FreeMikeSimms:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:21 am

I cover parts of this in the original post
Bizzclaw wrote:
The main point of resurgence is that it will administrate itself. A reputation system and NPCs will govern how players play in areas. Using the New California Republic, or NCR, as an example, the beginner/noob map will be controlled by the NCR and players that start out in this area will start with a slightly positive relationship with the NCR, however, players who attempt to take advantage of new players by attempting to kill them will be gunned down by the NCR soldiers and gain a bad reputation with the NCR while their victim is healed and suffers no death penalties. This bad reputation will prevent the player from spawning in NCR Controlled territory, and unable to easily progress through NCR Checkpoints. Players will of course be able to chose to spawn in a more lawless part of the wastes if they chose, but the NCR controlled areas will provide a good place for new players to learn the gamemode without the threat of death from players. This will eliminate the need to moderate Player vs Player interactions, and allow staff members to focus more on being story tellers in the gamemode as opposed to dealing with constant petty matters of player death, thus eliminating all RDM rules.

The reputation system is actually what I've been currently working on seeing as how I'm currently in the process of re-writing my AI. The way I have it structures is that every NPC has a default reputation towards players and different factions, but this reputation can be overridden by a higher or lower value depending on what actions that player takes. For instance, if you're trying to kill new players in the NCR controller areas and you get booted out, the raiders/bandits may hold some sympathy for you and allow you to access their encampments, letting you do missions for them instead.

Also, when I say "NCR" I'm not really referring to the NCR, but just using them as an example. In the future I might want to use a different faction or possibly make up my own, but it's just easier to say "NCR" instead of "The faction that will allow players to play in beginner areas without shaking eachother"

As far as having factions move around and capture territory and whatnot, that sounds like a cool concept, but it might not be suited for a sort of MMO styled game, especially considering since some of the factions are meant to be static because they oversee players in the starting areas.
Still, it might be interesting if some factions could have some sort of measurement of power that could be reduced as players actively fight against them, but I need to put more thought in to that.
Back to top Go down
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:35 pm

Quote :
Still, it might be interesting if some factions could have some sort of measurement of power that could be reduced as players actively fight against them, but I need to put more thought in to that.

Might need to set a base "power" value for them if this is implemented, or base their troop tier based on that factions "power"
Using NCR as an example
10-40 basic gear (NCR uniform and pistol)
40-60 med gear (Ncr Trooper armor + Rifles/ m24 sniper rifle)
80+ high end gear (Ncr Riot armor + anti mat snipers/ salvaged power armor)

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Walkingkiller

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:59 am

I'm not sure if its been said already or not, but it would be cool to have a workbench that let you make/attach mods to guns that save to the gun so you don't loose them when you re-connect to the server. If someone already suggested it, I apologize but I don't want to sift through 2-3 pages worth of people having a conversation in a suggestion thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Rat

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Mon May 02, 2016 8:14 pm

I cannot wait to run a taxi service where I have to drive to oil refineries to buy my fuel from a major faction, and then charge people for running guns and items across the wastes...
Oh and also, some idea's for NPC faction names could include( just to give you some idea's):
Columbia
Cascadian Republic
Confederation of the Noorlands
The Empire State
Theocracy of Deseret
Empire of Sonora

From the place of ground zero, O lord deliver us.
From the rain of the cobalt, O lord deliver us.
From the rain of the strontium, O lord deliver us.
From the fall of the cesium, O lord deliver us.
From the curse of the fallout, O lord deliver us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zapper3000380

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:09 pm

Update on progressos?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:59 am

It's up in the air right now. I want to work with a new engine because I don't think gmod can support what I want to do here, but at the same time I'm interested in working on another Gmod project, but with a smaller scope than this until the engine I want to work with can support some of the features I need.
Back to top Go down
Zapper3000380

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.   Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:29 pm

69 years later...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

RESURGENCE - New Gamemode Information, ideas, suggestions and concerns.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next