HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Unbalanced Armor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Crucible
Retiree

PostSubject: Unbalanced Armor   Tue May 26, 2015 6:50 pm

Im just gonna cut straight to the point: The conglamerate assault armor is overpowered. For its cost compared to protection, it is extremely underpriced, the excuse that it requires a blueprint is silly due to the cost difference between hardsuit and assault, actually if you compare the damage resistance of the hardsuit and assault, the assault armor with its helmet is actually better than a hardsuit without a helmet. 

In my opinion, the assault armor should be nerfed heavily, as to remain lore friendly with the perpous of the armor, in fallout 3, the assault was supposed to choose mobility over protection while the t51b suit was supposed to be the endgame armor along the lines of protection. Now, apparantly assault is the equivalent of an air superiority fighter for armor and is arguably better than a hardsuit due to its increased mobility. The existance of assault armor at this point is not only making midwestern/advmidwestern obselete, it is also making the "super heavy armor" known as t51b obselete.  Ultimately how you fix this is up to you, but i would like assault armor to serve its true perpous, a medium power armor meant for mobility.

StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Unbalanced Armor   Wed May 27, 2015 7:19 am

Unsure what you mean "lore-friendly" the gamemode has its own backstory, we just use good assets made. I am fairly sure the armor isnt supposed to be directly similar to fallout armor.

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Unbalanced Armor   Wed May 27, 2015 11:54 am

.....have you ever played fallout? Ugh, that doesnt disregard the fact that it is still unbalanced.

Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Unbalanced Armor   Wed May 27, 2015 5:56 pm

Just a quick question(s), how much does it cost and how much does it slow you down compared to hardsuit armor?

I know that the ballistic resistance difference is 11% and energy resistance difference is 4% between the two armors.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Unbalanced Armor   Wed May 27, 2015 6:39 pm

11% is an insane difference.

Here's an example, with 90% ballistics, you'd be able to take 10 hits from a barret. At 80% you could only take 5.

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Unbalanced Armor   Wed May 27, 2015 7:16 pm

Compared to hardsuit, the assault armor costs 10 less hardplates (i think it takes 12 to make hardsuit??) And costs in resources a couple thousand less. Along the lines of speed, its around the same as midwestern/adv. Midwestern.

Mr.Chacon
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Unbalanced Armor   Thu May 28, 2015 9:49 am

about the assault armor. i feel that it is perfect the way it is (however) i feel the cost of it should be increased or the cost of T51B to be decreased. non of the stats need to change all that needs to change are the prices for it because from what Spartan574 has stated that T51B cost more but does less. i am not sure seeing as how i never have taken the time to make or buy one myself. i am only going off what he told me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Unbalanced Armor   Thu May 28, 2015 10:45 am

Spartan574 wrote:
.....have you ever played fallout? Ugh, that doesnt disregard the fact that it is still unbalanced.

Yes I have played fallout, 2 3 and New Vegas. but what im saying is that the armor may look similar, but they are not the same as the ones in fallout. It may look similar but it isnt supposed to bea direct copy of the one from fallout, this is Postnuke RP not Fallout RP

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Unbalanced Armor   Thu May 28, 2015 1:07 pm

Regardless of wether it should be a direct copy or not, the armor is still unbalanced.

Unbalanced Armor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1