HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent

Share | 

Didnt feel like this was worthy of "Suggestion" just more of a discussion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ember_Drake

PostSubject: Didnt feel like this was worthy of "Suggestion" just more of a discussion   Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:36 pm

I've been thinking. shouldn't there be a little bit more direction of what you should be doing at the beginning for new new players. ( for example when me and my friend first joined. we had no direction at all other than "Scavenge" so we looked inside when i've only seen things spawn outside.)

and the crafting recipes should be more detailed in the menus. cause i went to save up for an item and then when i had the stuff needed for it (Scrap etc.) it said "OH YOU NEED THIS TOO" after i got my hopes up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Didnt feel like this was worthy of "Suggestion" just more of a discussion   Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:43 pm

I agree with you on all of these points, PostnukeRP isn't very user friendly and in general has a lot of problems with it's player progression. This is one of the reasons I'm making a new gamemode from complete scratch in order to replace Postnuke. You can find information on that in the development section of the forums.

Also, the crafting requirements can be viewed if you hover over the item's icon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
De Luca
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Didnt feel like this was worthy of "Suggestion" just more of a discussion   Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:13 pm

Well, initially when new players walk up to people it's random and leaves little to no time to detail anything so they reply with "Scavenge".

It is what you should do at first which the tutorial states.
Some players don't understand the concept and ask further but most don't.

"Hands up, don't ban"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ember_Drake

PostSubject: Re: Didnt feel like this was worthy of "Suggestion" just more of a discussion   Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:47 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
Also, the crafting requirements can be viewed if you hover over the item's icon.

Touche. but my problem with that is it doesn't always show up. and I'm stuck there trying to get it to show up. like the hovering thing doesnt want to appear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
De Luca
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Didnt feel like this was worthy of "Suggestion" just more of a discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:50 am

Ember_Drake wrote:
Bizzclaw wrote:

Touche. but my problem with that is it doesn't always show up. and I'm stuck there trying to get it to show up. like the hovering thing doesnt want to appear.

Ussualy takes a relog to fix that, same with if you can't access the car inventory.

"Hands up, don't ban"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warandally
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Didnt feel like this was worthy of "Suggestion" just more of a discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:25 am

If a newer player asks what to do, I usually give them a task like: "Hey, go find a servo and bring it back to me, and I'll reward you", this gives them an incentive to scavenge, as well as introduces them to how the trade system works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Didnt feel like this was worthy of "Suggestion" just more of a discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:40 am

Perhaps we could have a helper rank? just people who help the new players? I mean the only people i have actively seen helping new players before was Gnomp, Brig, Me, Toxic, Bizz, and Phil, (maybe Antwon too) I think we should have a small plan to help new players

1. Give them a option of either accepting your help or simply dismissing them(offering to follow them and point out useful facts of postnuke)
2. Help them/explain to them the skills and crafting system
3. Give them advice on what to use to start out.

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
De Luca
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Didnt feel like this was worthy of "Suggestion" just more of a discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:49 am

StormySunrise wrote:
Perhaps we could have a helper rank? just people who help the new players? I mean the only people i have actively seen helping new players before was Gnomp, Brig, Me, Toxic, Bizz, and Phil, (maybe Antwon too) I think we should have a small plan to help new players

1. Give them a option of either accepting your help or simply dismissing them(offering to follow them and point out useful facts of postnuke)
2. Help them/explain to them the skills and crafting system
3. Give them advice on what to use to start out.

Chacon did this for me when I first joined, before he was staff I think.
Sat me down for a good hour or so explaining how to play and it worked out well but I doubt the staff will have time to do it for all the new players.

"Hands up, don't ban"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fade Attano
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Didnt feel like this was worthy of "Suggestion" just more of a discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:22 pm

Npc traders?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
De Luca
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Didnt feel like this was worthy of "Suggestion" just more of a discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:49 pm

lukevader24011 wrote:
Npc traders?

Somebody would find a way to abuse it.

"Hands up, don't ban"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Didnt feel like this was worthy of "Suggestion" just more of a discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:40 pm

See, that's what the wiki is for. It's suppose to help new players find out how to play the game. Too bad it's just sitting there, unfinished, and will never be finished because of the new gamemode.

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fade Attano
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Didnt feel like this was worthy of "Suggestion" just more of a discussion   Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:00 pm

Don't see how npc traders could be abuse they could provide a "list" of items to collect in order for resources or some items the higher the worth of the item the bigger the reward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
De Luca
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Didnt feel like this was worthy of "Suggestion" just more of a discussion   Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:27 am

lukevader24011 wrote:
Don't see how npc traders could be abuse they could provide a "list" of items to collect in order for resources or some items the higher the worth of the item the bigger the reward.

With the system directed to new or average players it would take minimal effort for the bigger guys to cash in all the junk sitting in vehicles and get phat lüt

"Hands up, don't ban"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Didnt feel like this was worthy of "Suggestion" just more of a discussion   

Back to top Go down

Didnt feel like this was worthy of "Suggestion" just more of a discussion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Fallout Decay General Discussion-
Jump to: