HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent

Share | 

The future of Staff Member of the Month (And winners of May)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Coront
Ban

PostSubject: The future of Staff Member of the Month (And winners of May)   Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:04 pm

Hello everyone, Coront here. Announcing the winners of the Staff Member of the Month: May 2015!

1st place: Chacon
2nd place: A tie between Coront (me) and Folding Freeman (Raphael)
3rd place: Head Paladin Crucible (Spartan)

Congrats to everyone!

Also, I would like to talk about the future of the Staff Member of the Month votes...

We will not be hosting anymore polls for the best staff member in the future.

This is due to many reasons;

It's obvious most of the votes are biased, some people even admit that when they vote, they only vote because that staff member is their friend. And when a staff member puts all his work, just really tries their hardest to be a good staff member for the community and gets like two votes, they're going to feel like absolute shit and unappreciated. Hell, I felt horrible after the 2nd monthly vote. I had tried so hard to moderate the forums and the server. I got like 3 votes compared to Chacon's 12. I imagine Antwon and Price feel similar. The poll also creates a competitive work environment, and we don't want that in a gaming community where your job is to make sure people don't break rules of a server.

I hope you all understand, and continue to work hard, whether you're a staff member or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: The future of Staff Member of the Month (And winners of May)   Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:16 am

Coront wrote:
We will not be hosting anymore polls for the best staff member in the future.

This is due to many reasons;

It's obvious most of the votes are biased, some people even admit that when they vote, they only vote because that staff member is their friend. And when a staff member puts all his work, just really tries their hardest to be a good staff member for the community and gets like two votes, they're going to feel like absolute shit and unappreciated. Hell, I felt horrible after the 2nd monthly vote. I had tried so hard to moderate the forums and the server. I got like 3 votes compared to Chacon's 12. I imagine Antwon and Price feel similar. The poll also creates a competitive work environment, and we don't want that in a gaming community where your job is to make sure people don't break rules of a server.

I hope you all understand, and continue to work hard, whether you're a staff member or not.

Why the hell can't every public high school in America make a similar statement about their student governments? Oh well.

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.Chacon
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: The future of Staff Member of the Month (And winners of May)   Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:44 pm

i agree. i kind of won first place 3 times in a row and i was kind of feeling bad. i mean i love getting love from the community but i want to see all of my fellow staff get that not just me. in a way i am glad it is over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The future of Staff Member of the Month (And winners of May)   

Back to top Go down

The future of Staff Member of the Month (And winners of May)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Fallout Decay General Discussion-
Jump to: