PostSubject: [Denied]Removal of ban Carter Smith   Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:25 pm

Server: Post-Nuke RP

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:29538476

Your RP Name: Carter Smith

Length of ban: Permanent

Date of incident: 06/04/2015

Time of incident (HH:MM 24hr): 23:52

Time Zone: UTC - 5

Please explain exactly what happened from start to finish: I was in the Immortal 50 channel talking with warrandally and Frank when they said we should raid a group of players who the Immortal 50 were at war with. I was a paid mercenary at the time so I just rolled with it. I setup a bind to my mouse wheel to drop health packs which is, in hindsight, abusing a feature in the game in a way it wasn't originally intended to be used. We then raided the 6 man group and killed them all, with me running into the base room and devouring health packs very fast thanks to the bind. After I had done it I almost knew that I shouldn't have and knew a shit storm was waiting for me. So I sat in my car with Frank driving around the map. Eventually we made our way to spawn where everyone who was raid was extremely salty. Xavier ( Who's crew had been using hl2 models in pvp to make their hitboxes smaller ) and Opsan were talking shit, so I did the same thing back to them. After arguing with Xavier for 5 minutes and having him demand I refund the items from the raid I told him I didn't have any as I died before I looted anything. I was then moved into a channel with Bizzclaw and Chacon, where again I communicated via text, and they asked what made you think that was acceptable. I will admit, I was not in the best mood at the time as I was getting alot of crap at the time ingame, all of which I deserved since it was an exploit. I was then short with Bizzclaw and was banned.

I know I could have handled the situation better and if I did at the time I would not be here writing this appeal today. I would like to apologize to everyone who was raided by me and the Immortal 50 as I did knowingly use an exploit to give myself a pvp advantage against them. What I did was cheap, underhanded, and wrong. I know I can't take back what I did and I don't really expect anyone who was raided to forgive me. I would also like to apologize to Bizzclaw for the way I acted in teamspeak. I acted like a shitbird and am sorry for that. At the time I was banned I had just been moved from a place where I was just arguing with people and still carried that attitude with me.

I also do realize that what I did was an exploit. I shouldn't have done it and the fact that I did was inexcusable.

If you have any evidence to support this report, please give it here: None
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: Price
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Carter Smith   Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:26 pm

Considering it was an exploit this is tough to gube an opinion on. Maybe try to reason a player wipe with a shortened ban?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fade Attano
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Carter Smith   Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:38 am

I suggest a shortened ban for 2 weeks as carter is a really good player aND rp'r as for the health bind yes it was wrong but if he does it again or hacks in any sort of way permanent ban him forever in which he cannot appeal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Carter Smith   Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:46 am

Were there rules in place about binding before he was banned?

James King

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Carter Smith   Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:54 am

+support on shortened ban, Normally I wouldn't think a key bind could ever be considered an exploit. Also considering a rule wasn't written even though I've been told console commands could be exploited before and was wondering why there isn't warning about console commands.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Carter Smith   Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:57 am

In that case i agree with a shortened ban, since the rules were not very specific on the matter I think a second chance could be afforded.

After all, he did say he did this in response to the whole hl2 models thing...and those people didnt get the same punishment.

Evilsweetblock2
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Carter Smith   Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:25 pm

How do you do that? I asked a friend of mine if its possible to bind equip gear (Ex: Pressing num9 an then equipping raiding gear/taking it off) and he said he didnt know, so I asked an admin and he also said he didnt know. If its not illegal to set macros from equipping gear, I would love to know Very Happy

Also, excuse the fact this it totally irrelevant, but I was there during the sit, sorry if im not actually supposed to post here or ask this question, sorry Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rev

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Carter Smith   Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:58 pm

+Support on unban/shortened ban.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel Reid
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Carter Smith   Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:06 pm

Yeah, I don't think a permaban should happen on a first time offense of a nonexistant rule. Maybe a month or two ban starting from the incident date. He seems remorseful.

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Carter Smith   Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:51 pm

Just thought I'd throw in a little more insight.

I was banned for using this:

There is 0 need for the con command here as it doesn't contribute any gameplay features at all. When you comment out the line

And still attempt to drop stuff

The server experiences 0 errors (errors in the console have no correlation to dropping of items).

Concommands are meant to be called by console. I might not have done so, but any developer should understand the side-effects of using console commands for features. An exploit or hack would be if the drop features was done from GUI to net messages directly, where one would have to fabricate a net message. Then it could legitimately be called a hack or exploit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Carter Smith   Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:19 am

Just want to remind everyone that this was an [b]exploit[b] and w shouldn't have to make rules agaisnt it. Heck, making rules against specific exploits would be like giving people a large lists of ways to exploit, and that's just counterproductive. When you join the server it is expected that you are able to determine when something is an exploit or not, and if you have no sense of that, then we believe you don't have a place here if the exploit was severe enough.

Moving on.

Anyways, I appreciate that you're trying to help, although I already added a second delay to dropping items, so that isn't necessary. Regardless, in my honest opinion this isn't the most severe exploit I'd seen, but when you told me that it was "in the game for a reason" it kind of set me off, especially considering I didn't make PostnukeRP, and the people who did left exploits in it that allowed you to give yourself any item in the gamemode through console commands until I fixed it. Still I don't know why a CSC hasn't responded to this, as I really don't want to deal with it as I was the one who banned you, that and I'm really not sure what to think of you as of now, and I don't know your history. I'll talk with some of my other staff members about you though and we'll see if we can put this to rest. Just don't forget that you're not entitled to an official response with these, but we do our best. Thanks.

Also.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Vac

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Carter Smith   Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:42 pm

Thanks for looking at the appeal bizzclaw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Carter Smith   Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:52 am

My question is, why even bother trying to get unbanned if the new gamemode is right around the corner?

You know, because wipe.

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vac

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Carter Smith   Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:06 pm

Would it also be possible to get unbanned from teamspeak?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vlaid Traget

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Carter Smith   Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:53 pm

Vac wrote:
Anything's possible little dude.
http://www.frostburnt.com/t2420-teamspeak-unban#18238
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sandbox

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Carter Smith   Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:20 pm

Vlaid Traget wrote:
Vac wrote:
Anything's possible little dude.
http://www.frostburnt.com/t2420-teamspeak-unban#18238

"Little dude" lol

But seriously, his appeal has been frozen like this for more than a month.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Red Cloud Revengance

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Carter Smith   Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:43 pm

Sandbox wrote:
But seriously, his appeal has been frozen like this for more than a month.

don't expect too much, when i tried making an appeal it got deleted and my forum account banned, so ye
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Carter Smith   Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:50 pm

Oh, forgot.

[Denied]
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Denied]Removal of ban Carter Smith
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1