HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Tips & Tricks Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gamerchef

PostSubject: Tips & Tricks Thread   Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:36 pm

Post some tips, and tricks to help out newbs or to share around the community.

Razz

Rev

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks Thread   Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:12 pm

Here are a few tips I can give for new players.

1. When starting out salvage everything you find scavening besides a melee weapon of your choice, this will allow you to get more out of your scavenging run so you can use the spare resources on vendors in the nearest outpost.

2. Alcholic beverages can remove your radiation just like in S.T.A.L.K.E.R but rad-away will do a better job.

3. When damaging NPC's limbs it will make that limb much less useful. For example, you shoot a ghoul in the leg and the ghoul begins to run slower.

4. Cooked mirelurk cake is rich in protein, therefore can heal your wounds almost as much as a stimpack.

5. Metal Armor could be a cheap alternative to Combat Mark 2 but it reduces your speed by a lot due to the heavy weight.

6. There are much more types of armor in the game, then in the Crafting Menu. These special types of armor can be achieved by participating in events.

7. Dogs have a high chance of dropping meat then other animals.

8. Antlion mounds give you 100 XP when you destroy it.

9. Helmets reduce damage from a headshot significantly.

10. Different ovens/stove cook different items.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetblock2
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks Thread   Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:21 pm

The best tip you will ever need: NEVER UNDER ANY F**KIN CIRCUMSTANCES PISS OFF I50, EC, OR ANY OTHER FACTION WITH GOOD RELATIONS WITH I50.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chess
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks Thread   Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:23 pm

Evilsweetblock2 wrote:
The best tip you will ever need: NEVER UNDER ANY F**KIN CIRCUMSTANCES PISS OFF I50, EC, OR ANY OTHER FACTION WITH GOOD RELATIONS WITH I50.
Or do, and just not care what people say. Because yes.

Fade Attano
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks Thread   Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:19 pm

11. Speak to any immortal 50 when project noob is up

12.Avoid any raider faction

13.Join a faction as soon as you can.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Circle
2015 Halloween Profile Pic Contest Winner

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks Thread   Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:59 pm

14. Roleplay smalltalk. By that I mean engage in conversation with people you might not know. Although try to play it casual and don't just blurt out " i wAs kidnApped and tHeN goT leFT hear".
That kind of ruins the whole conversation in my opinion. Although act as if something worries you, but don't start a conversation like that.

15. When you're bad at PVE, buy a gun and ammunition until you learn how to dodge attacks. Otherwise, your backpack will be everywhere on the map with bottle shanks and 2 scrap in them.

Warandally
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks Thread   Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:40 pm

16. If a guy in big metal armor tells you to leave the area, don't go poking around, all it does is cause trouble for them and ruin your reputation.

17. Whiskey allows you to see a bit better in radiation storms.

18. If you have any questions, feel free to head over to a Project N00B town hall, the people in there will be happy to help, and if they're busy, just be patient.

19. If you want/need to make a large amount of cash fast, become an engineer or scientist, although it may be a large investment at first getting the needed tools, the payout will eventually bring you profit.

20. If I had to make an order of what items you should go for first, it'd be:
Melee Weapon-Small arms weapon(9mm)-Leather Armor-Assault Rifle with ammo you've been finding the most of-Urban Combat Armor-Barret(This is a large jump, but will allow you to safely collect heavy armor platings from Conglomerates, which will further you in the game very fast.)-Work on getting class related items-Vending Machine to sell what you find without having to be there. After that, I'd say it's pretty much up to you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FUBAR PAYTON
The one who went out with a bang

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks Thread   Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:10 pm

21. Get good with Deg.

22. If its on the ground its yours Very Happy

Ban

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks Thread   Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:30 am

1336: Kill everyone you see over beans. Thats what FUBAR did and hes still not banned, so I guess its legal!
Edit: Thats worded wrong, you see, what you got to do is scavenge at the resource nodes, and if someone comes up and steals something from your node for you being to slow THEN you shoot them in the face. There, thats better!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
De Luca
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks Thread   Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:14 am

23. Get on the forum to read this

"Hands up, don't ban"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Frost

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks Thread   Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:27 am

Evilsweetblock2 wrote:
1336: Kill everyone you see over beans. Thats what FUBAR did and hes still not banned, so I guess its legal!
Edit: Thats worded wrong, you see, what you got to do is scavenge at the resource nodes, and if someone comes up and steals something from your node for you being to slow THEN you shoot them in the face. There, thats better!
Fubar stole a bean from noob in front of shop i50 trying cook the beans then Fubar got killed and then he got revived by someone after that he accepted war if you were talking that one, this is what I heard.

EX-Staff Member, I was demoted because I choose over anime and reading light novels than to play Fallout Decay for a long time, in other words, being inactive for all eternity that's the reason, folks!
See how many anime I finish!
See how many Light Novel I finish!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks Thread   Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:59 am

Evilsweetblock2 wrote:

Jeeze, Bun was right. This guy is like a discount me. :^(

24. If you're black your back, if you're white... You're shite.
25. Some players are dedicated to helping new players get gear. Go to Warran Dally if you need beginning quests.
26. Steer clear of Petrov, or you will get the dicking.
27. Also avoid conglomerates. They have snipers that can one hit scavengers.

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gamerchef

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks Thread   Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:33 pm

Whatever you do...Whatever you god damn do...

DO NOT EVER TRUST
DO NOT TRUST:

He ruined my newb character, just don't ever trust him like I did.

Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks Thread   Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:50 pm

The most important thing for new players is Health Regeneration. As a new player you will be taking a lot of hits and knowing how to keep yourself healthy is essential. The methods for healing outside of seeking a doctor very depending on your race.

Ghouls:
You can heal by being irradiated. The more rads the better and the Higher your rads, the higher the damage resistance gets. Keep in midn that you will also lose rads when you take damage.

Humans:
Humans have more options when it comes to healing, but alone they aren't effective as ghouls (prior to last nights update which majorly buffed up ghoul radiation healing mind you)

Fire Places
- Any fire place on the map will heal you by simply being near it.
Sitting - By hitting your Walk Modifier key (Alt by default) and your Use Key (E by default) you will sit. Keep in mind that this is not the sit anywhere script, but a custom one made for the server and it will not work while you are moving or looking at any useable objects (such as props or palyers)

The above methods will not work if your health is lower than 30%, at which point you will require medical aid. If there are no doctors online, craft yourself a makeshift medkit, but these are very costly and it's much better to seek out a doctor if one is present.

Eating - When both hunger and thirst are over 80% you will slowly heal.

Don't walk up to people and pretend like you know their name despite the nametag above their head. A lot of people prefer to Roleplay and will introduce themselves to you as such. If you prove yourself as a good roleplayer, some factions might pick you up and reward you for it by giving you a fairly good rank and gear.

Also, despite what Rev says, Helmets don't actually do anything for your head protection, they just add to your overall DR. However, helmet head resistance will be a feature of the new gamemode.

All helmets with visual respirators will allow you more time to in Rad Storms before you run out of o2, some armors are better than others with the best being the full blown radiation suit. Some helmets will however require you to wear the corresponding armor.

Ghouls cannot breath in radstorms.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Rev

PostSubject: Re: Tips & Tricks Thread   Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:03 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
Also, despite what Rev says, Helmets don't actually do anything for your head protection, they just add to your overall DR. However, helmet head resistance will be a feature of the new gamemode.

Ah okay, could've sworn I heard somewhere that helmets reduce damage inflicted to the head. Nice to know this will be a feature though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Tips & Tricks Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1