HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Official resignation of Brigadier General Bacon.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brigadier General Bacon
Retiree

PostSubject: Official resignation of Brigadier General Bacon.    Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:49 pm

It's been fun the past few years, and I've made a lot of friends while being a part of the community. I still enjoy helping the people who play. But I no longer think this communities staff is the place for me anymore. I believe its coming up on my second year as staff, and I had fun watching players and staff alike grow. The only thing I didn't like to see was people disrespecting each other and being cruel, I'm very sensitive to these things. As staff I could effect the players doing this, but not other staff. There was always someone higher than me who would abuse the players, or make fun of them. And they even did it to other staff, like a family telling secrets behind there other members backs. As such I can no longer feel satisfaction in trying to help these people, as the things I say would be ignored due to the tight nit relationship these people have that I am not a part of. It pains me to see people do these things to each other while I can only sit and watch. It reminds me of when I was younger and was the only one fighting for me, no one there to help against forces I was powerless against. I'm very disappointing in these people. I thought they were better or would change. Buy I was wrong as it hasn't stopped, different people each time ever since I joined this community. I can no longer be part of a group of people who would act this way towards others. As such I will be promptly resigning. You may see me on the server from time to time.

If anyone ever needs help, I'd be more than happy to help you contact someone, and I can still give you general advise. If anyone is hassling you, player or staff, contact me, I'd be more than happy to stand up for you if you need it. Please try to stand up for yourself, and don't take shit from people. If its about you as a person, or the way you act, or RP, stand up for yourself. I wish I could have done more for everyone.

Most of my generation of staff is gone or leaving, I have confidence I the new generation of staff. They seem to do well and care about the server and community. Please try to remove bias from yourself when dealing with our players. There your players now and you have to treat them equally, no mater how annoying. Please strive to be better then your predecessors.  

P.s: Consider giving Freeman a promotion. Hes grade A.

Thanks for your time everyone, and have fun.

Brig.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rezzy

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation of Brigadier General Bacon.    Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:16 pm

Will you still be around on the forums/server? Or is this the last we'll be seeing of you Bacon?

Warandally
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation of Brigadier General Bacon.    Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:19 pm

It's a shame to see you go, but based on what you've said I can comepletely understand why you would. I hope to see you in-game and on Teamspeak still! If helping players is what you'd like to do just let me know and I can give you some of our project noob donations and we can work on some of the quests!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation of Brigadier General Bacon.    Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:48 pm

It's sad to see you go.

You'll still be on the teamspeak I presume?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigadier General Bacon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation of Brigadier General Bacon.    Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:01 pm

I'll still be on the teamspeak yes. Even if I'm muted I'm still there, just poke me. I'll also play on the server from time to time. I'll probably be on today actually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gamerchef

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation of Brigadier General Bacon.    Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:42 pm

I shall miss you Bacon, you were a awesome player.

But yeah, I do remember how players were back then in the server. They were all pissed, mad, and just greedy little assholes. In fact, it made me take a long break from postnukerp whenever I was too pissed from all the greedy jerks. But maybe I was one of them at one point, but I can't remember, it was way too long. But yes, the server has met with dark times back then. But when Resurgence comes out, I hope there is a faction where it's goal is to protect and bring justice to the wasteland, to help the new players get a grip of the gamemode, and to stop chaos. I hope you'll be with us on that day, but we'll see.

Farewell Bacon, until we meet again...

Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation of Brigadier General Bacon.    Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:48 pm

Gamerchef wrote:
I hope there is a faction where it's goal is to protect and bring justice to the wasteland, to help the new players get a grip of the gamemode, and to stop chaos.

That was not at all what brig was getting at, he was talking about corrupt staff abusing their powers to harm players, not players raiding and stealing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation of Brigadier General Bacon.    Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:48 pm

surprising how few goodbyes there are for someone whose been around so long.

thanks for all the work m8
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toxic Impulse
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation of Brigadier General Bacon.    Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:13 pm

You know Brig I've been here for a little over a year and a half and You've probably been one of the best, and well known staff member besides a few that are already gone. Your time on the server was great all the laughs and all the fun that was had will never be forgotten. Sure you may not be gone but it won't be the same. Thanks for all of the work.

Ice Frost

PostSubject: Re: Official resignation of Brigadier General Bacon.    Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:06 pm

Brigadier General Bacon is awesome person I've ever seen when I was new and we fought together the almighty Fubar, couple years ago. Goodbye my old friend even though we're not that close.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Official resignation of Brigadier General Bacon.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1