HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Denied] Removal of Bans: Artik, Red Cloud, Bruce [EXTENDED TOPIC]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RedCloud
Ban

PostSubject: [Denied] Removal of Bans: Artik, Red Cloud, Bruce [EXTENDED TOPIC]   Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:09 pm

Since Bizz disabled replies on the last thread, I thought to extend the topic into another thread for discussion and debunking of previous notions:

Bizzclaw wrote:
...but you neglected to mention how he also informed all of you that you need to do stuff like that where there's not other players.
I think I speak for all of the involved individuals in that we never read a message along those lines, we were probably out of the message's radius. I inquired about this to Bruce and Artik, and both say they never saw a message that told us to do it in a secluded part of the map, only to do it somewhere else. We did indeed go somewhere else, which was the church. Which brings me right to my next point

Bizzclaw wrote:
you go straight into the Current map's player hub at the time, the Cathedral.
You make it seem as if we went to a place with 10+ players RPing and just rekt any semblance of seriousness, which is quite the opposite of what we did. There was, at most, 1-2 people in the church when we entered. By the time we got banned, it was around 4-5 and most were just laughing along and having a good time. We did not just go into a massive hub and start dicking around, because that would be jerkish.

Bizzclaw wrote:
Red cloud rarely gets on and when he does, this is about the only thing he does.
So I suppose you weren't around when I was recruiting cossacks for the Nova Ukrainian forces, RPing with Price, sitting around the fireside with a bunch of other chillbros having philosophical chats about the wasteland, having a cold melon whiskey with Duke, or putting aside differences with Bruce in an extremely atmospheric RP manner hmm? I really thought it better of you to not just make sweeping generalizing remarks like that, especially because there are staff members who have done far worse than me and have gotten little more than nothing.

So to all that, I didn't abuse my powers, or use my powers to slay/rdm, or cheat, or do anything heinous requiring higher punishment, so why should it be that my moderator position is taken away? Does 10-15 minutes of just being an idiot really warrant an undoing of all that's been contributed?

To top it all off, in my professional opinion as former-staff, it should always be the people who should decide whether a person is unbanned. Not out of likeability towards that person or previous friendship/affection, but out of the simple ideas of whether that person deserves such a punishment or not. If the people would want my ban to be kept for logical ideas, then so be it. But it shouldn't be handled in such an absolute Judge Dredd style of thinking, as many appeal applications have been treated as before.

ArtikNinetails

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Removal of Bans: Artik, Red Cloud, Bruce [EXTENDED TOPIC]   Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:28 pm

It's funny because I was just messaging Bizz about that local chat that he claims we saw when he went offline. You also forgot to mention the fact that that was the second time that we had gone to that building, and that the first time there was absolutely no one there, there was killer lighting in the building so it would make a bad main hub, and that this was apparently the first time on that map so the main hub is up for grabs to anywhere on the map. At first I thought it was the electrical plant and went there right away.

Jokey-joke:
"Back in my day, people would applaud the goofiness and even join in. I mean for crying out loud one of the admins had a fucking space alien and a flying ship. Another was a tiny cat. Same person was a "Giant Dad". Another is a robot. You yourself bizz wore a PAC that had been reduced to bones and super skinny. Not sure how you can RP your way out of that one. You're friendly reminder that [NO FUN ALLOWED] is being enforced now. I come back after months for one single day, ONE HOUR, and get banned for shit we used to do. We can't go back to how it was.

Peace is for those who do not have the power to defeat their enemies.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Removal of Bans: Artik, Red Cloud, Bruce [EXTENDED TOPIC]   Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:54 pm

Artik Ninetails wrote:
[NO FUN ALLOWED]

Yes... No fun.. Only Roleplay... CONFORM

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Removal of Bans: Artik, Red Cloud, Bruce [EXTENDED TOPIC]   Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:58 pm

I'm extending all of your bans to a month.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

[Denied] Removal of Bans: Artik, Red Cloud, Bruce [EXTENDED TOPIC]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1