HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent

Share | 

Bit New Here

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Bit New Here   Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:39 pm

Hello everyone, I'm a bit new to the community and I made an account to ask a few questions if any veterans or staff are willing to answer them. So far my experience has had it's ups and downs, but it's been fun. So if anyone that is reading this doesn't mind answering a few questions, here are mine,

• How do you gain chemicals/spare parts quickly other than blind luck and going scavenger around the map? I'm helping 2 players, one wants to get a hardsuit, and is pretty close to it with about 7k of 30k resources left to go.

• Any uses for pre-war cash? The description hints at some use of it.

• Do regular players become aggresive if a low level noob like myself try to base?

• When is the best time to join a faction? I want to at least get a suit of power armor, shotgun with a pistol, and some levels in construction/scavenging and try to pull my own weight, so would that be the best if I complete that?

If you don't mind answering these questions, I thank you in advance than. I'm pretty curious since I'm still not sure how to use some items or what they can do.
Back to top Go down
Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Bit New Here   Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:12 pm

Scavengers have passive bonus that make scavenging massively more beneficial, especially when you level up your scavenging and salvaging skills and breakdown everything you don't need.

Pre-war cash is an Rp item, try using it to barter for hits and such

Yes.

Anytime is the best time to wear a striped sweater join a faction.

PostSubject: Re: Bit New Here   Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:27 am

So basically scavenging/salvaging/trading would be the only way to gain those resources? No alternatives?
Back to top Go down
roachmanfp

PostSubject: Re: Bit New Here   Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:58 am

Well, there is miners and grubs, but those cost a quite a bit for newer players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Bit New Here   Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:13 am

I've seen miners provide scrap/small parts, so grubs would give out chemicals? if so
yiisssssssssssssssssssssssss
Back to top Go down
Larhee

PostSubject: Re: Bit New Here   Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:13 pm

Yes grubs create chemicals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Bit New Here   Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:17 pm

Ok, thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Bit New Here   Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:32 pm

Grubs can also be killed by other players and drop a large amount of chemicals on death, making them a highly valued raidable object. Be careful while using them, as they are loud and they will mark you as a target if you don't hide them well.

Another good tactic for getting resources is trading. After scavenging enough, you can build a "Vending machine" and sell items from it. Craft the items related to your class and put them in here with prices slightly higher than base price and you'll start racking up profits. Just be careful were you place them, as placing a vending machine near someone else's who sells similar items may end up badly for you as they can place hits for this.

That being said, you don't need a vending machine to sell, in fact you can bypass the dangers by trading in-person, which will allow you to get potentially better bargains as you can actually barter with purchasers. There's something special to the player-to-player trading aspect and I highly recommend setting up an actual shop some time if you get a chance, it's really fun to meet the different kind of people who would buy your wares.

What class do you play as?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

PostSubject: Re: Bit New Here   Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:39 pm

Scavenger, and I plan on going to engineer or scientist to start creating items and selling them with others.
Also, I think grubs are appearing as error signs in the crafting menu, any idea what games I need textures or models from to get it? I assume it's the half life 2 episodes, and I already have the base game for HL2.
How much does a vending machine cost in resources? I've made over 2.5k scrap, 2.1k small parts, and 1650 chemicals today.

Another question if anyone doesn't mind answering. I want to buy a power armor from Johann Liebert for a friend who lost his for some weird reason by dying, even though he had no kill bind, wasn't starving or dehydrated, and in Freeside with some of us. Apparently someone took it and just never told anyone while we were starting to argue who took it. Is 900/900/900 a fine price for I believe T45D Power armor?
Back to top Go down
Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Bit New Here   Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:58 pm

Yes.

PostSubject: Re: Bit New Here   

Back to top Go down

Bit New Here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Fallout Decay General Discussion-