HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

What S.T.A.L.K.E.R game should I play first?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: What S.T.A.L.K.E.R game should I play first?   Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:27 am

So I was thinking of finally trying the game "Stalker"
But I don't know which one to buy/play first.

So which one should I play first?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What S.T.A.L.K.E.R game should I play first?   Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:50 am

Shadow of Chernobyl is the first, Clear Sky is the second (Ending can be bugged in some occasions and won't show), Call of Pripyat is the third.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009
That's the complete pack mod for Shadow of Chernobyl, helps out a lot. Pretty cheap and it's a generally great series
Back to top Go down
LaylaSampson

PostSubject: Re: What S.T.A.L.K.E.R game should I play first?   Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:02 am

Agreed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: What S.T.A.L.K.E.R game should I play first?   Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:41 pm

If you want a hardtime, get Call of Pripyat and install the MISERY mod. It essentially ramps up the difficulty for everything. Artifacts and armor aren't quite as effective (heavy armor is more of a burden imho), everything is more expensive and everything/everyone will kill you with ease.

Hence the title, "MISERY". But tbh, if you only get COP, the lore will be a bit confusing.

However, MISERY does ramp up the system requirements as well. Pretty sure it uses better textures, models and shaders but I'm not really sure.

I love it though. Spent 53 hours on Chernobyl and 150 on Pripyat.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: What S.T.A.L.K.E.R game should I play first?   Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:05 am

Keep in mind Clear Sky comes before Shadow Of chernobyl, but playing Clear sky will basically spoil a huge part of Shadow of Chernobyl. Just play it in release order.

Oh, and if you're hungry for more S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Check out Stalker Lost Alpha, it's a free stand-alone mod for the original Stalker that completely Re-imagines Shadow Of Chernobyl. (You should still play Shadow first though, for story reasons)
http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

What S.T.A.L.K.E.R game should I play first?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1